BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Travelling the world, I take a break from my journey and read in a local brochure that 15 minutes is equal to 1 minute.Where am I ?

I´ll sit this out until it clicks. Don´t rush or you´ll be going round in circles

7 answers to this question

Not quite there Sandstorm ;)

I think Sandstorm is right.

15 degree of rotation of Earth makes 1hr.

15*60 min. of rotation ==> 60 min of time.

15 minutes of rotation will make 1 min of time.

So, anywhere on Earth ...

Well OK, thats it , I´m packing my bags. Yes he´s (Sandstorm) correct. I was hoping for a plethora of mundane threads such as "Not if you´re stood at the North Pole looking East ,etc,etc," but then thats me , I don´t put the blame on my mother, Ok she liked every thing to be feminine feminine, but the resentment set in at an early age when all my mates were starting to wear long trousers and I was constantly being chided for letting my skirt rise above my ankles......................

Well OK, thats it , I´m packing my bags. Yes he´s (Sandstorm) correct. I was hoping for a plethora of mundane threads such as "Not if you´re stood at the North Pole looking East ,etc,etc," but then thats me , I don´t put the blame on my mother, Ok she liked every thing to be feminine feminine, but the resentment set in at an early age when all my mates were starting to wear long trousers and I was constantly being chided for letting my skirt rise above my ankles......................

Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't it regardless of where you are on the earth the same 15 minutes of rotation should be one minute?

Alternatively, my first response to this was not the rotation, but that you were traveling going near c (maybe ~99% of c or so) and time dilation caused 1 min to equal 15 min between you and a relative body.

Edited by Noct

Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't it regardless of where you are on the earth the same 15 minutes of rotation should be one minute?

Alternatively, my first response to this was not the rotation, but that you were traveling going near c (maybe ~99% of c or so) and time dilation caused 1 min to equal 15 min between you and a relative body.

The first part of your reply absolutely correct.

The second part, I´m not into Quantum.

Ya, that is also possible ...