BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Apples to Apples and other such things

tiger_lily111

Question

1. The donkey's laugh on fire X Important function = Music (or Team)

2. (1 of Oz's wood frights) X (1 of Oz's wood frights) = Allow sleeping dogs growl

3. Spitting animal X Spitting animal = Spanish bed

4. Flying predator of the Savanna X Lady's mount = River horse's Warwickshire address

5. Shortened blind follower X Male short risky behavior = I own female possessive softdrink blend flavor

24 answers to this question

4. Something to do with "bats in the belfry"? Tho I dunno where the hippo comes in.

Wow, guess I can see how you'd come up with that, but no, nothing to do with bats or belfries.

May be time to try a re-write, hmm?

4. Swindle without a break lays eggs X Lady's (lady) mount = Famous Harry's ride

Thanks for that t_l....I've been thinking about this. And thinking didn't help. So I went and banged my head against the wall several times. It hurts less now. But I did get plastered! Which did help.O where are the clever people when you need them?

hey t_l - to let you know am still on the case and for a deserv-ed bump even though i know things are terribly slow here as of late.

all i gotsk is maybe on the first half of 4. something to do with a lion from "predator of the Savannah" and "lays eggs" (lyin'???}. anyway this one seems to be some sort of animal; maybe a mythical beast?

will keep at it.

Revival! Revision! (Been slightly MIA, apologies.)

2. (1 of Oz's wood frights) X (1 of Oz's wood frights) = Allow sleeping dogs growl -> ORIGINAL

2. Predator of the Savanna X Shere Khan's mate = Napoleon (character)'s favorite animal -> REWRITE

4. (Flying predator X Predator of the Savanna) X Lady's mount = River horse's Warwickshire address -> CLARITY

4. Swindle without a break lays eggs X Lady's (lady) mount = Famous Harry's ride -> REWRITE

hey t_l - to let you know am still on the case and for a deserv-ed bump even though i know things are terribly slow here as of late.

all i gotsk is maybe on the first half of 4. something to do with a lion from "predator of the Savannah" and "lays eggs" (lyin'???}. anyway this one seems to be some sort of animal; maybe a mythical beast?

will keep at it.

Ah, cross-posts! You are on the right track with predator, & indeed, it may not really exist.

Hippogriff?

I can give answers to the right of the = for both clues:

river horse - hippo, address in Warwickshire - Griff

Famous Harry's ride - (Flight of the ) Hippogriff at the Harry Potter theme park

But I'm struggling to the left.....

Hippogriff?

I can give answers to the right of the = for both clues:

river horse - hippo, address in Warwickshire - Griff

Famous Harry's ride - (Flight of the ) Hippogriff at the Harry Potter theme park

But I'm struggling to the left.....

Yup!

(Flying predator X Predator of the Savanna). A griffin is half eagle, half lion. (thanks pg)

& got it all. ^_^

SOLVED ... just slightly too late to add the poll. Oh well! -_-

Varieties of HYBRIDS

The donkey's laugh on fire X Important function = Music (or Team)

(Bray + Burn) Braeburn x Royal Gala = Jazz (apple hybrid)

plainglazed

(1 of Oz's wood frights) X (1 of Oz's wood frights) = Allow sleeping dogs growl

Lion x Tiger = (Lie + Grr) Liger (big cat hybrid)

Predator of the Savanna X Shere Khan's mate = Napoleon (character)'s favorite animal -> REWRITE

Lion x Tiger = (Napoleon Dynamite) Liger ... "It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic."

plainglazed

Spitting animal X Spitting animal = Spanish bed

Camel x Llama = Cama (Spanish word for bed) (thank scientific curiosity for this hybrid)

RoyalBlue

(Flying predator x Predator of the Savanna) X Lady's mount = River horse's Warwickshire address

Griffin (Eagle x Lion) x Mare = (Hippo + Griff) Hippogriff (mythical hybrid)

Swindle without a break lays eggs X Lady's (lady) mount = Famous Harry's ride -> REWRITE

Griffin (Grift -Tea + Hen) x Mare = Hippogriff (Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter World)

fabpig

Shortened blind follower X Male short risky behavior = I own female possessive softdrink blend flavor

(Lemming -G) Lemon x (Man + Daring -G) Mandarin = (My + Her + Limon) Meyer Lemon (citrus hybrid)

plainglazed