BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

You are detective James and you are sitting in your cabin and suddenly the phone rings

you attend the call and you hear "murder case ,sir!"

immediately you fetch your coat and get ready and moves towards the crime scene

CASE:

the death of Harry Nichols .

SUSPECTS:

John Anderson his business partner who was in debt in his side business .He was ready to do anything for the money

Mary Nichols ,Harry's wife ,who had affair with an employee ,working under Harry

Anthony ,the one with whom Mary had affair ,He was fired from his job when harry came to know that he was in love with his wife

Gilbert Nichols ,Harry's son .He was in love with Barbara (his girlfriend)whom Harry had kidnapped and harry was sent to Australia to keep him away from Barbara.

EVIDENCE:

As soon as you reach at the crime scene you see Harry lying on the floor and was bleeding badly and beside him was a incomplete word "PASS...." .he was in his office when he was killed. their were no evidence of theft .the telephone was hanging and the computer was on.the window was closed and their was no weapon found near the office .

WHAT TO DO NEXT ? B))

Hmmm...i am not sure but the word could be Passport. Then uh...his son is in Australia. May be he was talking with his son on the phone, heard a bad news(may be accident or suicide) and couldn't get his own passport and died of heart attack. (the last sentence sounds dumb but that's what i got)The injury is from his own fall. No one killed him.

Here's a wild guess:

John Anderson did it. He may have been on the phone at the time in order to initiate a business account detail request. This would come in the form of a temporary login password (the word he was busy writing) recited over the phone in some electronic voice. He could then enter this password on his computer and quickly find out he was being cheated by his partner. When John Anderson discovered what Harry was about to do, he snuck up behind him, snatched the pen he was busy writing with away from him and stabbed him in the neck with it. He then left the office with Harry's pen.

Check the phone. The calls made received and whatever you can find by the wonders of the modern sciences,

about the word PASS it could be PASSWORD. So do check the computer as well

You are the detective. So you check the phone and the computer, and tell us what you found.

Well that all depends on what has been done prior to my arrival. Has the Medical examiner cleared the body for inspection or determined the COD or even time TOD? Has the priliminary exclusions occured? If all of this has been done the first step in any investigation is to preserve the crime scene with photography. Once the crime scene is secured and preserved we begin to collect evidance. Since the phone is hanging its very probable that there are prints on the phone. This would suggest dusting the phone first to eliminate the victim as the last user and potentially result in at least a partial print. As to the word "PASS" what evidance suggests that it is incomplete? We also have to consider the declining cognitive ability of individuals that are losing consciousness with the loss of blood and or dieing. Therefore the word "PASS" may be misleading. What is the state of the rest of the room? If it is in disaray, this would suggest a blitz attack. If it is orderly or a natural state the victim most likely knew his attacker.

Well that all depends on what has been done prior to my arrival. Has the Medical examiner cleared the body for inspection or determined the COD or even time TOD? Has the priliminary exclusions occured? If all of this has been done the first step in any investigation is to preserve the crime scene with photography. Once the crime scene is secured and preserved we begin to collect evidance. Since the phone is hanging its very probable that there are prints on the phone. This would suggest dusting the phone first to eliminate the victim as the last user and potentially result in at least a partial print. As to the word "PASS" what evidance suggests that it is incomplete? We also have to consider the declining cognitive ability of individuals that are losing consciousness with the loss of blood and or dieing. Therefore the word "PASS" may be misleading. What is the state of the rest of the room? If it is in disaray, this would suggest a blitz attack. If it is orderly or a natural state the victim most likely knew his attacker.

I think the minimum information required to solve the puzzle is given in the question.

Ok

ANON26 ,You are correct its password.

B))

now you check his computer but you are not able to get the password because as soon as you start investigating it asks you password.and another option which comes in front of you was RECOVERY PASSWORD but as soon as you click you get a riddle(by Harry as his recovery question )

THE SONG WITH HARRY NICHOLS IN IT .EVEN YOU CAN PUT MARY OR GILBERT IN IT

(just a easy riddle )

Here's a wild guess:

John Anderson did it. He may have been on the phone at the time in order to initiate a business account detail request. This would come in the form of a temporary login password (the word he was busy writing) recited over the phone in some electronic voice. He could then enter this password on his computer and quickly find out he was being cheated by his partner. When John Anderson discovered what Harry was about to do, he snuck up behind him, snatched the pen he was busy writing with away from him and stabbed him in the neck with it. He then left the office with Harry's pen.

HEY!rparry you can't directly get to the conclusion and if you try this you 'll surely get the criminal as he is one of the people mentioned in this case and you don't have any proof :P

No, I'd first find out whose office it is, I'd then get a list of all recent calls made to and from the phone whose receiver was left hanging. It would be a good idea to have the phone, computer and note fingerprinted as well as the handwriting analysed to determine if Harry wrote the note. I would also question John Anderson. I'd need to investigate why Harry's son was sent to Australia. Did he perhaps also have signing rights for the company account? Was Barbara suspected of foul play i.t.o. Gilbert. For this info, it would be best to speak to Harry's wife. Did Harry's wife have signing rights? Perhaps Barbara's role was that of Anthony - both hired to entice out the information that John Anderson required to withdraw funds.

I think the minimum information required to solve the puzzle is given in the question.

What is the puzzle? The question at the end of the description is "What do you do next?" As a Forensic Psychologist I know that there is a specific process required when processing a crime scene. Since the "puzzle" is an answer to a question pertaining to the crime scene and its processing, my responce is acurate.

What is the puzzle? The question at the end of the description is "What do you do next?" As a Forensic Psychologist I know that there is a specific process required when processing a crime scene. Since the "puzzle" is an answer to a question pertaining to the crime scene and its processing, my responce is acurate.

Sorry i overlooked that part ("what to do next?")

He can't be dead if he is still bleeding. So the next thing to do would be stop the bleeding and call an ambulance.

WOW it said WAS bleeding badly as in past tence.

You are detective James and you are sitting in your cabin and suddenly the phone rings

you attend the call and you hear "murder case ,sir!"

immediately you fetch your coat and get ready and moves towards the crime scene

CASE:

the death of Harry Nichols .

SUSPECTS:

John Anderson his business partner who was in debt in his side business .He was ready to do anything for the money

Mary Nichols ,Harry's wife ,who had affair with an employee ,working under Harry

Anthony ,the one with whom Mary had affair ,He was fired from his job when harry came to know that he was in love with his wife

Gilbert Nichols ,Harry's son .He was in love with Barbara (his girlfriend)whom Harry had kidnapped and harry was sent to Australia to keep him away from Barbara.

EVIDENCE:

As soon as you reach at the crime scene you see Harry lying on the floor and was bleeding badly and beside him was a incomplete word "PASS...." .he was in his office when he was killed. their were no evidence of theft .the telephone was hanging and the computer was on.the window was closed and their was no weapon found near the office .

WHAT TO DO NEXT ? B))

i think it was his business partner (john anderson)because all this happen in his office where all windows were closed and john would have entered unnoticed.when he would have entered harry's office ,he was working on his computder.then john might have said him to help him out and ask him for his locker no..harry might have said 'no' to his request so he frightened him.the case reaches to such an extend that john phisically pressurese harry during whice phone's receiver get displaced and john just physically harm him and when harry satrt bleeding badly he come back to his sences and ascond from their.

Ok

ANON26 ,You are correct its password.

B))

now you check his computer but you are not able to get the password because as soon as you start investigating it asks you password.and another option which comes in front of you was RECOVERY PASSWORD but as soon as you click you get a riddle(by Harry as his recovery question )

THE SONG WITH HARRY NICHOLS IN IT .EVEN YOU CAN PUT MARY OR GILBERT IN IT

(just a easy riddle )

Something to do with family? All in the family? I noticed that the people that are responding are all fairly new to brainden. They probably have not seen the ones done by Cavenglock or Omegascales and some others so they probably are not familiar with the way this works. You might want to explain it.

Edited by Thalia

Something to do with family? All in the family? I noticed that the people that are responding are all fairly new to brainden. They probably have not seen the ones done by Cavenglock or Omegascales and some others so they probably are not familiar with the way this works. You might want to explain it.

SORRY but no

there is nothing to do with family even I would say that you can put each and every name in that song (ONE BY ONE) :lol:

The killer can be in the Harry's family photos or video's stored in Harry's computer.

Harry was in his office and was very serious about the business and so he didn't kept any photos or videos in his computer :unsure:

OK ,For every NEWBIE.

this is the type of case where you try to link the clues with the suspects and each time you do so i'll reply to your posts and I'll take you to the next step and now the 2nd step is to solve that riddle and get the password (because it is related with the criminal)

No, I'd first find out whose office it is, I'd then get a list of all recent calls made to and from the phone whose receiver was left hanging. It would be a good idea to have the phone, computer and note fingerprinted as well as the handwriting analysed to determine if Harry wrote the note. I would also question John Anderson. I'd need to investigate why Harry's son was sent to Australia. Did he perhaps also have signing rights for the company account? Was Barbara suspected of foul play i.t.o. Gilbert. For this info, it would be best to speak to Harry's wife. Did Harry's wife have signing rights? Perhaps Barbara's role was that of Anthony - both hired to entice out the information that John Anderson required to withdraw funds.

you searched for the recent calls but got nothing of your interest

you searched for finger prints but there were only Harry fingerprints

You analysed the handwriting and got the result that it was Harry's handwriting

gilbert was sent to Australia to keep him away from Barbara but he was back before 2 years only

Barbara didn't had any rights of signing even gilbert didn't had such rights

no Barbara's and Anthony's role was just to complete the story

:o

OK ,For every NEWBIE.

this is the type of case where you try to link the clues with the suspects and each time you do so i'll reply to your posts and I'll take you to the next step and now the 2nd step is to solve that riddle and get the password (because it is related with the criminal)

Thanks for saying that. i had no clue this puzzle works this way