BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

If you have participated in the Brian Dennis adventures the Detective Leslie Young, you'll know how this works. I will tell you bits of the story, then you make decisions on what to do next. Hope you enjoy it :)

You are Detective Jimmy Spring. You have worked for the police in Highland city for three years as an advanced detective. You have solved many basic crimes and done your city a lot of favours.

As you are siting at your desk, your apprentice Freddy bursts in.

"There's a new case!"

You put down your cup of tea and you are on your way.

You drive with Freddy to Channel way, and follow him to the scene of the crime: Apartment 4. The residence of Mr. James Parker. As you enter the room, you see a body lying on the floor, a computer, an open window, and a blood stain on the floor. A forensic team is there waiting to help you with anything you need.

What do you investigate first?

Tools you have:

An iPhone

A desert eagle (The gun not a bird)

Interrogation tools back at the station (Lie detectors, tasers, etc.)

A small group of 5 highly trained police officers.

Don Adriano, your underground source of information who owes you a few favours. He is the head of the Highland mafia.

Edited by Shortdude3000

• Answers 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

That doesn't seem like enough information. It could be a chair, a couch, a bed, the floor, etc.

You're right, so now I'm going to change the wording of the question:

You always sit on me. What am I?

your bottom?

Yep :)

So now you can:

Go to Stichback Hospital

Go to Cutters Place

Interview the PA (Or you could just leave him in a cell with no food, and let him die)

Anything else that you can think of

Go to both the places ie. cutters place and stichback hospital try to find if james had any recent treatment or if yes then try to have the surgeon who did that operation

B))

Ask him the following questions

1)From how much years you know James?

2)Did he had any injuries or any kind of treatment recently?

3)Did he had any kind of quarrel with any of the staff member?

4)Do you know anything about his doctor who was very close to him and knew his address

5)before asking these all just ask him about his nature at work and if he was in depression or if he asked for money from anybody in the office

B))

Go to both the places ie. cutters place and stichback hospital try to find if james had any recent treatment or if yes then try to have the surgeon who did that operation

B))

Ask him the following questions

1)From how much years you know James?

2)Did he had any injuries or any kind of treatment recently?

3)Did he had any kind of quarrel with any of the staff member?

4)Do you know anything about his doctor who was very close to him and knew his address

5)before asking these all just ask him about his nature at work and if he was in depression or if he asked for money from anybody in the office

B))

You got to Cutters Hospital. Nobody called James Parker on the records. You go to Stichback Hopsital. Nothing. You show both of them the knife. They both tell you that that is not the make they use. One of the surgeons walk up to you and asks you if you are Detective Jimmy Spring. He quickly runs to his office, and grabs an envelope. It says on the front: Detective Jimmy Spring. Read in Private. You put it in you pocket and walk out of the surgery, off to interrogate the PA

Interview with PA Dialogue:

You: How long have you known James for?

PA: Since he hired me 7 years ago to work for him.

You: Did he had any injuries or any kind of treatment recently?

PA: Not that I knew of, and I arranged all of his appointments, home and at work.

You: Did he had any kind of quarrel with any of the staff members?

PA: Nope. he tried to keep a great relationship with all of his employees, throwing occasional parties, giving bonuses, and things like that.

You: Do you know anything about his doctor who was very close to him and knew his address?

PA: He didn't have an official personal doctor. He would just ask the nearest hospital for the best doctor when he was feeling a bit ill or something like that.

You: Was he in depression?

PA: He was depressed for a few weeks after Hilary's death, but strangely quickly overcome it a few weeks later.

You: Did he owe anybody in the office money?

PA: No, Mr Parker didn't like being in debt to people, and always made sure that he stayed on top of his bills.

Everything that he said came out as true.

Edited by Shortdude3000

can you give us that envelope and the letter inside it -_-

Thanks in advance B))

and also ask his PA

B))

James had any other relationship with any of the women after the death of Hilliary or if he took some days leave and met anyone personally?

Edited by Shivam

You open the letter:

I see that you went to the surgeries,

Nice try!! You don't have any leads now, but I'm going to give you a clue.

At the place where you next might be,

The secret is guarded by a woman,

She is known by many names, one is Lisa del Giocondo.

Hmmm... Interesting

Interrogation: PA

You: Did James have any other relationships with any other women after the death of Hilary?

PA: Not that I knew about.

You: Did he ever take some days leave and meet someone personally?

PA: No, he was one of those people who would NEVER miss a day of work.

The results came out as true.

Freddy calls you:

Freddy: Quickly! Drive to Bamboo lane immediately!

You get to bamboo lane and see police cars outside of a house. You charge through and burst into the room. The usual forensics team. A man lying dead on the floor. You investigate the body. It appears that the same incision mark has been made.

A note is left on the body:

Are you still trying to catch me, detective?

I'll give you a helping hint.

Solve this puzzle and you'll understand:

What word has the same pronunciation even if you take away four of its five letters?

I suggest you get over to Q lane as quickly as possible. There will either be a murder there soon or the murderer lives or knows someone there.

Check for any connections between the two dead men. Maybe that will give a clue to who the murderer could be. If there was no sign of struggle at either place both men knew the murderer.

There is probably a knife somewhere near, so find it and check if it is the same. Check the sellers of that brand of surgeons knife. Check records of company that provided knife.

The man must be a surgeon/doctor of some sort. Search records for a doctor/surgeon who knew or might have had a grudge against either, preferably both, men.

For a text, maybe send: where did you learn about heart surgery.

Or maybe: How did you know the two men.

I read the entire thing. Now I know how it feels to not know what's going on. Props to you for making an interesting mystery so far. :thumbsup:

Go to Q lane and block the road. Investigate and interrogate for anything suspicious. Any cops or protection available? If so, bring them all in. Put on a bulletproof vest. Keep rooftops posted for any potential snipers, and keep them reporting every minute or so to let you know if any of your men were taken out.

Also, look at the most recent chat with his friend. Track him/her down and hold him/her for interrogation.

Sorry for the late reply :P

You walk down Q lane, warily. The only building that you can see that isn't half broken down is a tall brick building in the middle of the lane. What do you do next?

You're fully geared up and ready to go....

You cautiously step into the building and enter the first room you can see. The room is completely plain except for three paintings.

What do you do?

You see the Mona Lisa and remember the letter from before. You slowly walk up to it and see that it is only loosely attached to the wall. You take it down and see a note. It reads:

Detective, you may think that you are getting closer and closer to catching me,

And maybe you are, we'll just have to see,

But for now, I'm running, I've escaped, I'm free!

And if you do want to catch me, what a shame it would be,

If you couldn't solve this simple riddle, Teeheehee! (That's a laugh)

Here's the riddle:

How can you jump through the window on the 50th floor of Highland Tower, and not get hurt? You don't have any parachutes or landing equipment of any kind. Good luck Detective!!!