BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

If you have participated in the Brian Dennis adventures the Detective Leslie Young, you'll know how this works. I will tell you bits of the story, then you make decisions on what to do next. Hope you enjoy it :)

You are Detective Jimmy Spring. You have worked for the police in Highland city for three years as an advanced detective. You have solved many basic crimes and done your city a lot of favours.

As you are siting at your desk, your apprentice Freddy bursts in.

"There's a new case!"

You put down your cup of tea and you are on your way.

You drive with Freddy to Channel way, and follow him to the scene of the crime: Apartment 4. The residence of Mr. James Parker. As you enter the room, you see a body lying on the floor, a computer, an open window, and a blood stain on the floor. A forensic team is there waiting to help you with anything you need.

What do you investigate first?

Tools you have:

An iPhone

A desert eagle (The gun not a bird)

Interrogation tools back at the station (Lie detectors, tasers, etc.)

A small group of 5 highly trained police officers.

Don Adriano, your underground source of information who owes you a few favours. He is the head of the Highland mafia.

Edited by Shortdude3000

• Answers 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• If you are refering to the one in Malaysia, the building only has 12 floors so. . . you can't.
  • No one said that the window goes out over the edge of the building. It could be a store window or just an oddly located window.
  • If you are not afraid of heights, climb a ladder from the outside and jump through into the building. Hopefully, the window is open.

Yes, but what clues does this give us? What leads? Maybe something to do with getting up there? Maybe why you would go up there?

(I'm not going to give you any more detail, and you will have to use the information given to guess possible investigations)

Maybe that floor/room is locked and there is something important to the case there, or maybe you can only see something from there but you need to get out in less time than going down stairs or an elevator would take. I just thought, maybe Highlander Tower is partially buried or it has floors beneath the surface and 50th refers to the floor 50 up from the very bottom floor, so you wouldn't even need a parachute or landing gear. Hmmm... maybe we could use a helicoptor to get to and/or from the 50th floor.

You start to think: Maybe it could be someone who goes on the outside of the window in the building, but who would do that everyday? And then it hits you. A window cleaner. You recall often seeing the window cleaner high up on the building when you walk around the city.

You go to the tower and ask the reception where the window cleaner is so you can speak to him.

Receptionist: Oh, you mean Bob? He didn't come into work today strangely, as he never normally takes days off work... He is probably just ill or something.

Edited by Shortdude3000

1) Find out where he lives and go there.

2) Head up the tower.

3) Send your Elite team in everywhere before you. (extra protection xD)

4) Find out if he had/has a wife! And the 2nd body!

Edited by Psyflash

Shortdude, I'm not trying to criticize you or anything, but don't you think there are a little too much of the "Brian Dennis" style mysteries? I believe that including Jimmy Spring, there are four or five of them. Again, not criticizing you, but I just wanted to give an opinion.

Shortdude, I'm not trying to criticize you or anything, but don't you think there are a little too much of the "Brian Dennis" style mysteries? I believe that including Jimmy Spring, there are four or five of them. Again, not criticizing you, but I just wanted to give an opinion.

I don't even think that this is even continuing from the lack of posts recently.