BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

If you have participated in the Brian Dennis adventures the Detective Leslie Young, you'll know how this works. I will tell you bits of the story, then you make decisions on what to do next. Hope you enjoy it :)

You are Detective Jimmy Spring. You have worked for the police in Highland city for three years as an advanced detective. You have solved many basic crimes and done your city a lot of favours.

As you are siting at your desk, your apprentice Freddy bursts in.

"There's a new case!"

You put down your cup of tea and you are on your way.

You drive with Freddy to Channel way, and follow him to the scene of the crime: Apartment 4. The residence of Mr. James Parker. As you enter the room, you see a body lying on the floor, a computer, an open window, and a blood stain on the floor. A forensic team is there waiting to help you with anything you need.

What do you investigate first?

Tools you have:

An iPhone

A desert eagle (The gun not a bird)

Interrogation tools back at the station (Lie detectors, tasers, etc.)

A small group of 5 highly trained police officers.

Don Adriano, your underground source of information who owes you a few favours. He is the head of the Highland mafia.

Edited by Shortdude3000

• Answers 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

First -look for the blood stain whether it is dry or still in liquid state ,so to have an idea about the time when murder took place.

second-look on the body for the wound and try to find a bullet or any hole on the body

third-if you find any such wound try to assume yourself in the place of that man ,where he might have stood before the murder

fourth-have a look outside of the window to have an idea of the place from he can be shotted

fifth-search for the recent files and chats he had made on his computer and find out some information

at last-ask his neighbours if they heard any gun noise or shout. ;)B))

Edited by Shivam

You look at the blood stain and ask a woman in the forensics team about it. She says that the stain is dry now, but was liquid when she arrived at the scene apparently right after the crime.

After that, you put on some gloves and inspect the body. It appears to be intact, except a small incision mark on his upper torso. You find a note in his pocket that reads: Good luck in finding me detective. You have no leads to follow me on. I am prepared. However, I am allowing you to send me one text with any question of your choice. Beware though, if you reply with a question I do not wish to answer, I will give a stupid answer. Just send the message to ........ (A phone number is given). Don't bother tracing the phone.

You cannot tell where he was before the incident and how he got on the floor.

There were no nearby spots form where he could be shot and neighbours didn't hear anything.

He has a clean record, except for the fact that some money of his disappeared from his bank account straight after the incident.

You have a few options as to what to do now:

Investigate the window further

Have the man sent for an autopsy

Reply to the text

Edited by Shortdude3000

You get a text back: I am myself. TRY AGAIN!!!

You ask your forensic team about what they found in his blood and they found very small traces of elephant tranquilizer. On odd substance used.

You can now:

Try texting again

Ask for an autopsy

Investigate the window

To perform an autopsy, you will need to answer this riddle:

I tell stories, relive moments, create emotions yet cannot speak myself. What am I? (I know it's a bit easy :))

Edited by Shortdude3000

:huh:

TELEVISION

ask the forensic team to give you information about that animal drug and how was it injected into james body and also the approx. time when that dose was given and if they find any fingerprints on or near the crime scene

Edited by Shivam

Yes Mr. Smarto, you are correct. And may I say on behalf of Brainden, Welcome!!!

The tranquilizer was injected in his arm at approximately 12:03 PM, and he is predicted to have died at about 12:10 PM. No fingerprints are found around the body.

Edited by Shortdude3000

Check the CCTV from 12:00 - around 12:20.

Also, re-check the fact that he's got no conversations/ contacts on his computer, if not check his phone.

Investigate the house too if you're allowed (meaning if you will get fingerprints everywhere).

Edited by Mr. Smarto

Sorry for any confusion, you haven't yet checked the computer. You search through the computer and find nothing of interest. Boring chats catching up with old friends, work discussions etc.

As you are looking through his browsing history you notice an odd website. As you open it up you see that it is a website dedicated to his wife, who died from cancer. He had started a charity up in her honour.

Unfortunately there is no CCTV in the apartment. You investigate the whole room. No prints.

Now you can:

Try texting again

Ask for the autopsy team to find out the cause of death

Investigate the window

1. Ask the autopsy team what was the cause of death

2. 'Work discussions'? what work? Investigate into the company

3. See how much he has earned from the charity. It could be the money stolen, the thief stealing it in hate of the dead guy's wife - maybe an affair is coming into this?

They were investigating the body and could find no external damage. Then they performed a scan, and saw something shocking. The heart had been sliced in two!!

He owns a company called Stockpost ltd., A lawyer firm. They were at their all time high, and he was earning lots of money from it. He was just having discussions about money distributions, sales techniques and things like that, nothing of apparent relevance to his murder.

The charity had raised exactly £1,678,986.79, which had all been recorded as being immediately and securely transfered to a separate cancer charity. None of it had been stolen. The stolen money appeared to have gone form his own bank account.

Edited by Shortdude3000

:huh::huh:
What is his wife's name ?and before how many years she died and is there any friend of her who had affairs with james or loved him before they were married
Edited by Shivam

Anon: You joined before me though :)

Hilary Parker, Died 2 years ago from cancer. No record of either of the two being unfaithful during their marriage or any arguments.

I was trying to get you to look there :) There are no fingerprints, but there are some marks on the window, suggesting that the window had been climbed through. Freddy, looking at the window also, notices that there is only half the amount of scratches and marks that a window would normally have, either suggesting that the killer was very careful or only used the window once. You look out of the window and straight down. You see an alleyway with a large dumpster straight underneath the window.

Now you can:

Investigate the dumpster

Try texting again

Anything else that you can think of :)

Investigate the dumpster.

Also, text a yes or no question to the mystery number as he will lie, or does in not work that way.

i.e. 'Did you kill James Parker', if he says no, then it's yes.

Or is that just plain stupid?

Another thing; look around the house for things concerning Hilary. Don't ask me why, there just may be something.

Edited by Mr. Smarto

If there were no external injuries, where did the blood come from? How was his heart sliced without external injuries? Has he had surgery recently? If so, were there any signs of foreign objects that could have been planted with future murder in mind?

If there were no external injuries, where did the blood come from? How was his heart sliced without external injuries? Has he had surgery recently? If so, were there any signs of foreign objects that could have been planted with future murder in mind?

At the beginning I said that the only external damage was a small incision mark on his upper chest (Around his heart area).

Investigate the dumpster. Also, text a yes or no question to the mystery number as he will lie, or does in not work that way. i.e. 'Did you kill James Parker', if he says no, then it's yes. Or is that just plain stupid? Another thing; look around the house for things concerning Hilary. Don't ask me why, there just may be something.

You look around the dumpster. Just thrown out rubbish, papers, etc. It seems that it was his personal trash bin. Oh wait, whats this? You remove a surgeons knife from the bin. What would this be doing here? Then it hits you. The murder weapon. (For anyone who wants to be stupid, you suddenly realize that that was the murder weapon, and the murder weapon didn't hit you :))

The text that you receive back will ALWAYS be the truth but, depending on the stupidness of the question, a stupid answer will be given. All hat you find are some pictures, birthday cards, things like that in a box labelled memories.

How much money was stolen?

What was your relationship with the victim?

Do we need to use spoilers for this?

1) Around £50,000

2) You receive a text back. Not one that you know about.

3) No

Now you can:

Do anything that you want to :). Seriously, you can interview anyone, or examine anything.

Edited by Shortdude3000

1. Check the fingerprints on the surgeons knife.

2. Try tracing the phone (I know he said not to, but just see if anything happens)

3. Text him saying 'Were you within 10 meters of James Parker from 12:00 - 12:20 today? (if the murder was today, of course)

4. Look through a list of (popular) surgeons in Highland City

Edited by Mr. Smarto

1. Check the fingerprints on the surgeons knife.

2. Try tracing the phone (I know he said not to, but just see if anything happens)

3. Text him saying 'Were you within 10 meters of James Parker from 12:00 - 12:20 today? (if the murder was today, of course)

4. Look through a list of (popular) surgeons in Highland City

1)No fingerprints. Gloves were obviously used.

2)It doesn't work.

3)No more texts. They don't seem to be going through. Seems the killer threw the phone away after he answered one question properly.

4)There are only 2 major surgeries in Highland city: Cutters Place and Stichback Hospital. You can choose to investigate into them if you wish, but you will need to solve this riddle:

You sit on me. What am I?

Edited by Shortdude3000