BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I had got a peculiar number plate which had five different numbers and one day by mistake when i fixed it upside down I was still able to read my number .It was increased by 78633

WHAT WAS MY ACTUAL NUMBER? B))

Edited by Shivam

11 answers to this question

I had got a peculiar number plate which had five different numbers and one day by mistake when i fixed it upside down I was still able to read my number .It was increased by 78633

WHAT WAS MY ACTUAL NUMBER? B))

hey shivam the answer is 10968. when inverted it becomes 89601., the difference is 78633.

Assuming that the numbers are written in digital fashion (as on a calculator for example), 5 when inverted would appear 2.

So another possibility of the original number is 10568, which when inverted would be 89201 and the difference still remains 78633

Assuming that the numbers are written in digital fashion (as on a calculator for example), 5 when inverted would appear 2.

So another possibility of the original number is 10568, which when inverted would be 89201 and the difference still remains 78633

That actually does not work.

5 flipped (over a line) would become 2, but turned (around a central point), as we are doing here, is still 5.

5 -> 2 5 • -> • 5

There are certain keywords you need to watch for in riddles, like in this one it says "I fixed it upside down", which would mean that the numbers were turned, not flipped.

Everyone beat me to it... but well:

Actual number = 10968

Inverted: 89601

Actual number 2 = 10568

Inverted = 89201

I used an Excel Spreadsheet, since my notebook was starting to look just like a bunch of random scratches... a few concatenation formulas and substractions. No more. Not very elegant either... perhaps using Solver would have made the trick...

Everyone beat me to it... but well:

Actual number = 10968

Inverted: 89601

Actual number 2 = 10568

Inverted = 89201

I used an Excel Spreadsheet, since my notebook was starting to look just like a bunch of random scratches... a few concatenation formulas and substractions. No more. Not very elegant either... perhaps using Solver would have made the trick...

... Did you not read my post?!

... Did you not read my post?!

Sure I did... I think you are mistaken or I am not fully aware of what you mean.

If you flip the number 5, whether it is on a vertical or horizontal axis, it will bee seen as a number 2:

. __. __

.|__._ _|

.__|. |__

. . .

.__

.__|

.|__