BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Trainer's Manual Mafia

Framm 18

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 2: Day 1 and starting to vote.

The group of people came to the City Hall to see who had been “killed” the night before. Everyone, but the baddies, was shocked to see that Solman had been “killed”, and they exchanged a secret smile.

Everyone was a little bit hesitant to start calling out suspicions before the people saw that DarthMask had fallen asleep under a tree, and decided that he was the best one to be “lynched” today. No matter how hard they shook they just couldn’t wake him up so Hirkala and Framm carried him into the “Dead Room” but before they did that they announced that he was the Detective.

Hosts: Framm and Hirkala

1. Solman – “Killed” by the Baddies

2. Shadow7

3. DarthMask – “Lynched” and found to be the Detective

4. DougFarley

5. 3lizab3th

6. curr3nt

7. Peace

8. MissKitten

Night 2 ends at 10pm EDT.

3lizabeth will be replaced upon response from the backups.

Makes it harder to catch a baddie if no one it talking...

You can't learn how to play by not doing anything. If you make a mistake try to learn from it and more on. Heck, I already made a mistake in this game thinking Doug was the Detective. I think this is the first time I have seen the host post a night action for someone that was inactive. Unless he actually submitted an action and then went inactive. I thought it was in the night post because he tried to spy but was blocked. Doug reinforcing that he was blocked kept me thinking in that direction.

If enough goodies start talking then the baddies will need to also talk or be picked off as the quiet ones.

Already made myself a target so if I don't make it through tonight... Since we lost our spy the only way to catch the baddies is by watching who people vote for and what they say.

Chapter 2: Night 2 actions

The baddies regrouped after the lynch, happy with the results, after they had celebrated the lynch with a nice big lunch at the café, they went back to their hideout to plan the night actions. After they were satisfied with their targets they left to put their plan into action.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Thug met Curr3nt at the park, and proceeded to talk with him about the weather, sports, and whatever else came to mind. Just as Curr3nt and the Thug were about to go their separate ways, the Thug whispered in Curr3nt’s ear that he had been blocked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Godfather went to Shadow7’s house and pretended that he wanted to borrow a few things for a get-together with some of his closest friends. Shadow7 being the good neighbour that she was, gladly lent him the items on his list, and just as she got to the bottom of the list, she noticed that there was the Godfather’s name along with a little note saying that she was “killed” and was to report to the “Dead Room”.

2. Shadow7 - "Killed" by the Baddies

4. DougFarley

5. Smith

6. curr3nt

7. Peace

8. MissKitten

Hope that you enjoyed the game Shadow7 and that you will join more games to come. :)

Day 2 ends at 10pm EDT tomorrow.

Edited by Framm 18

@Shadow7... I guess I'm standing at the gravesite saying this since you won't be able to respond... you were right about talking at night! That's the last time I chime in at the end of a day!

@peace, I thought the moderators wrote the actions in?

Anybody - What's up with the Thug meeting with people? Doesn't that bring DougFarley and curr3nt into suspicion? Is it okay to ask questions like this? This is sooo different from playing Mafia in a real room full of real people (not that you're NOT real - ha!)

Sorry for not getting here sooner, Ive been REALLY sick, but I guess I'm out now....

Stupid mono...

I still wanna watch, though, if nobody minds..

Edited by 3lizab3th

Sorry for not getting here sooner, Ive been REALLY sick, but I guess I'm out now....

Stupid mono...

I still wanna watch, though, if nobody minds..

That is perfectly fine to watch, just make sure not to chime in with your thoughts, till the game is over. :thumbsup:

Hope you are feeling better, and if you want to I think that we still need people for Minecraft Mafia.

50% chance of hitting a baddie...

DougFarley... He was blocked N1 which is a possible baddie ploy to seem a goodie. Voted for Shadow7 and then no other comments. I might understand silence from others from fearing to be noobish but seems off for Doug.

Smith... Being pulled in means inactivity when the baddies have been active so maybe a goodie? He did join up in time to put in an action barely.

Peace... Voted for DarthMask at the last minute but that seems more a saving herself. Hasn't been saying much else.

MissKitten... Voted for Peace without saying anything, likely noobish. Vote stayed on Peace. Hasn't been saying much.

And I don't think Shadow7 was killed for "talking" during night phase since she didn't actually say anything. Shadow7 voted for me, MissKitten and then DarthMask.

My top picks for baddieness right now is DougFarley and MissKitten.

4. DougFarley

5. Smith

6. curr3nt - voting for DougFarley

7. Peace

8. MissKitten

I am still confused on so many levels, but I figured out that I had a message! In case any other newbies read this some day, there is a number next to your name (usually a 0) in the top-right of the Brain Den window. If it changes to a non-zero, you have messages! I finally read my official invite and role-passing from 3lizab3th! Enough said about that (it's all very "hush-hush" you know) except to say "hope you are feeling better, 3lizab3th".

curr3nt, you said I joined in time to put in an action. I guess I don't really understand what an action is. Maybe somebody can straighten me out.

I'm hoping that there will be another game for noobs after this one 'cuz I think I need to play maybe five to just START to get this! I think I'm supposed to vote today, so hope I'm doing this right...

4. DougFarley

5. Smith - voting for MissKitten

7. Peace

8. MissKitten

Another 'heads up' for the experience-challenged, use 'reply' to a post to get the color-coding in the table (as above). If you just copy-paste into a new text you don't get the good stuff.

Okay, why MissKitten... Honestly, I have no idea why. At home I'd say "I think I saw a shadow move during the night" or "I heard her chair squeak while the mafia was awake", but in here??? So I'm following curr3nt's lead on this one.

Hello again. :) sorry i havent been speaking much. Ask away if you need any info. :P I dont have much to give you though.

4. DougFarley

7. Peace - voting for MissKitten

8. MissKitten

I'm not 100% sure what to do in terms of voting...so im putting it over to MiKi, because i know shes active. give me reason to take it off, ill take it off. :P

4. DougFarley

7. Peace - voting for MissKitten

8. MissKitten - voting for DougFarley

mainly just to tie until (if) a vote for me is taken off, but i also trust curr3nt to be familiar with doug's style.

this may be really stupid, and i will probably be killed off tonight, but look at the night posts and see if i was mentioned. i wasn't, right? think about the roles that dont do anything during the night. so there is a 5/6 chance that i am a goodie. of course, there is also a 1/6 chance that i am a baddie, but you'll just have to trust me that i'm not, because i can't come up with a defense for that right now.

Well, I've been reading some instructions and I think I understand much more now, thank you. curr3nt, I get your comment (about my being in time for actions) now. I suppose that if the hosts always use 10:00 PM Eastern I'm gonna look bad a lot - my schedule tends to have me in front of the PC early in the AM, around noon, and late in the PM. Oh well.

peace, you've done mafia before, so I'm curious... Is it always this quiet or is it just us? And, are there games running constantly or is it hit-and-miss?

Last q: Is it normal to shorten names in this type of forum (not just Mafia, but all of Brain Den forums)? For instance, I called you "peace" and not "peace*out". I noticed a "MiKi" for MissKitten (I presume), and similar. Thanks.

Edited by Smith

Well sorry I haven't replied... I didn't have any Internet yesterday... I'm not going to vote since my vote would've been useless... I'm convinced that miss kitten is not mafia... and curr3nt, I have a slight feeling that you are also a goodie... I'd be more worried about peace... He's not saying much... Btw... What's the matter with the doctor?!?! Two night kills in a row is a little too steep for my liking...!!