BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Now if I were to tell you that this cache was hard to find, what would you say? It really is not hidden all that well. It is a lock and lock, but there is quite a mind boggling solution to finding it. The actual cache container is located within two miles of this spot.

The cache location is in this puzzle. If you care, it is you that I dare. One man has six of them, two men have eight. If women have them, they are halved. If children have them, they have eighteen. I have none, but you have several. They are red at day and black at night.

Any help is greatly appreciated

10 answers to this question

Now if I were to tell you that this cache was hard to find, what would you say? It really is not hidden all that well. It is a lock and lock, but there is quite a mind boggling solution to finding it. The actual cache container is located within two miles of this spot.

The cache location is in this puzzle. If you care, it is you that I dare. One man has six of them, two men have eight. If women have them, they are halved. If children have them, they have eighteen. I have none, but you have several. They are red at day and black at night.

Any help is greatly appreciated

That is a tough one. Do you have the 2 mile radius? I wonder if there is some park or monument or anything of the sort that might lend a clue to the answer.

That is a tough one. Do you have the 2 mile radius? I wonder if there is some park or monument or anything of the sort that might lend a clue to the answer.

I do have the radius, just cant come up with any coordinates that are close.

original coordinates are : N 39° 54.045 W 088° 57.770

the cache listing is at:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=046fa188-50db-440b-981c-e7acb30b9a9e

Thanks again for any help

Dave

Part of the puzzle is here and also here (contain language not befittin Denizens)

There seem to be a few. Google "one man has six of them"

This one implies no solution.

The guy who posted this listing for the geocache said it was more simple then it looks....but I guess not simple enough for me....but from the looks of it someone is trying to find the answer....

Hey Dave,

Maybe clues, rather than co-ordinates. Got a golf course nearby?

There is a golfcourse nearby..and it does fit within the 2 mile radius.....tell me more of your idea.....maybe I can put 2 ND 2 TOGETHER

The guy who posted this listing for the geocache said it was more simple then it looks....but I guess not simple enough for me....but from the looks of it someone is trying to find the answer....

Don't want to put a downer on it, but the date on some of the links is 2006

Hey Dave,

Think fabpig is correct, the riddle has been doing the rounds for years.

Your man sixrows probably used it for this very reason.

Probably could make any number of things from it, but it's golf references for me.

Wish I could go for a walk around that 9 hole course and look for a red marker.(Water hazzard?)

Happy Trails.

Check the back side of Women's Foot Locker, by the golf course. =P

Good luck and happy hunting.

Backside of Womens Footlocker??? He gave me a hint that I need to count....I got 55 for the first paragraph and then 56 for the second..

I need the other numbers... N39 55.--- W88 56.---