BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Star Wars Mafia III

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Republic It is not in your best interest to vote for me if you do not think I also am republic and here is why

The more republic people that vote for me the closer the Mandorians come to identify the Sith who are probably still considering my proposal.

@Sith It would be best to consider my proposal carefully as I am prepared for your betrayal

@Phaze - I don't buy that. Sith can hide within the Republic when voting. That's the beauty of this impromptu alliance and our protection from the RID Kill.

@curr3nt - Sorry, but that is my opinion. Night 1 ended somewhat weirder, Day 1's end has passed ... there are too many questions left unanswered. No clear info from host, not even an inactiveness warning (And I don't consider staying up with a friend till 3am to be a justification for letting us talk for hours off topic before the game was redistributed).

Either DL takes up a cohost, or he should not host at all. That's my opinion.

And the guide that no one bothers to read this days says:

Suggestions:

* Don't host until you have played at least 4 or more games and know what is necessary and expected of you. If you aren't a good writer or don't have a complete vision for a game, perhaps try cohosting, it can take some of the burden off. Cohosting means sharing the hosting burden with a fellow cohost and the two of you together manage the game. Don't just say something like "oh I think hosting is cool so I'm interested in doing it" or "I don't see a game based off of <insert franchise here>, so I'm going to make one!" Rather, think carefully about the game. The more creative, original and innovative you are, the better the game will be

* Plan ahead. Know when you're active and when other Mafia games are going to start. Make sure to place your game in a good time slot that works for you and other players and doesn't interfere too much with other games (and real life)

* Hosting takes a lot of your time, beware!!! It will really suck you in (IF you are a good host that is - you SHOULD dedicate a lot of time and effort into it. If you're not, something's wrong)

* whatever you do, DELIVER ON TIME! You can't ask players to respect the time limits if you can't even get a night or day post in on time

EDIT: grammar

Edited by araver

Valid concerns/opinions but did come off a bit rough. I don't want it to go so far as to discourage him.

I would go so far as to discourage him from hosting if he's unable to. Hosting = TIME. Host's time + player's time.

I know excellent players who have stressful jobs and can't host to the best of their abilities most of the time because of IRL time-constraints.

So they play (at least from time to time) and only host when they are sure they can do a good job.

@Phaze - I don't buy that. Sith can hide within the Republic when voting. That's the beauty of this impromptu alliance and our protection from the RID Kill.

Know this that I know a potential target (Jedi) for the Sith at the moment only they know who that target might be(as they know my role) but if I am lynched my role is revealed and everyone will know who I am talking about. They will find it incredibly hard to kill that target without exposing themselves to the Mandorians.

@Republic not a good idea voting me off if you will be one Jedi down and one exposed for the Vong to knock off at their leisure.

Know this that I know a potential target (Jedi) for the Sith at the moment only they know who that target might be(as they know my role) but if I am lynched my role is revealed and everyone will know who I am talking about. They will find it incredibly hard to kill that target without exposing themselves to the Mandorians.

@Republic not a good idea voting me off if you will be one Jedi down and one exposed for the Vong to knock off at their leisure.

Hmm ... some of what you're saying makes sense, until the last sentence!

Your vote on me has no basis on anything you claim to "know". If what you claim is true, it would be in your self-interest to vote for someone else and tie it (instead of forcing this dubious argument).

Also, you are basically telling us sayalzah or Lionheart is a Jedi and lynching you would reveal who you are hence who you spied.

- If you are Boba Fett and you know Lionheart is a Jedi, tough-luck, you're on my lynch list and I'll take what you say with a lot of salt.

- If you are the Jedi knight that knew sayalzah is a Jedi, tough-luck. You could have played this way differently, so this is probably going to be added on your list of Mafia suicides if what you say is true.

Gonna stick with my vote for now.

EDIT: misspelled the role

Edited by araver

right, a defense. first, before you all get suspicious of me for voting for phaze for who knows what types of reasons, look at the time i posted. i was posting from an iphone. i hadnt read the thread. phaze was the only person i could remember was in this game. second, before you go and lynch me, i am not trying to be inactive, its just that my school activities and tests and time zones are acting against me. I am able to get on a few minutes before the cutoff time, if at all. i was studying for a math test yesterday, and had after school stuff today. anything other than that would mean outing my role, as i am not quite clever enough to write a decent hint yet. i now have to go, so dont call me out for inactivity.

It is in your self interest not to see me die

Right back at you: it's in your best interest to vote for someone. Not protecting yourself in this lynch and voting for someone who was saved from the Vong NK is so weird ... words can't describe.

right, a defense. first, before you all get suspicious of me for voting for phaze for who knows what types of reasons, look at the time i posted. i was posting from an iphone. i hadnt read the thread. phaze was the only person i could remember was in this game. second, before you go and lynch me, i am not trying to be inactive, its just that my school activities and tests and time zones are acting against me. I am able to get on a few minutes before the cutoff time, if at all. i was studying for a math test yesterday, and had after school stuff today. anything other than that would mean outing my role, as i am not quite clever enough to write a decent hint yet. i now have to go, so dont call me out for inactivity.

Yeah, that won't really convince anyone of anything. See, all spies are shown in the night-post. You're not there. No one had information on you so no one would actually vote for you with any reasoning other than pressuring you to say something. Which you really did not.

And you did not seem to read the thread at all (I mean ever): "phaze was the only person i could remember was in this game." Seriously? Out of 18 people?

*sigh* DL, are we gonna get a daypost?

Seriously DL, if we need to move the time to later we certainly can...but please don't leave us all hanging like this, there are other mafias that could get started...

Host: Darth Legion

1: Araver - Voting for Phaze

2: Vineetrika

3: Marq - Voting for Phaze

4: Hirkala

5: young

6: MiKi - Voting for Phaze

7: Segul

8: curr3nt - Voting for Phaze

9: Aaryan - voting for sayalzah

10: Shadow7 - Voting for Phaze

11: Phaze - voting for sayalzah

12: sayalzah - Voting for MiKi

13: Framm - Voting for Molly Mae

14: Lionheart

15: golfjunkie - voting for sayalzah

16: Darth Mask - Voting for MiKi

17: Blablah

18: Molly Mae - Voting for MiKi

@Araver Happy?

Edit: adding Miss Kittens vote

Edited by phaze

11: Phaze - voting for sayalzah

16: Darth Mask - Voting for sayalzah

Since MiKi did respond I'm going to switch my vote off of her and onto sayalzah...I haven't seen a good defense from him yet and he does have a 50/50 chance of being vong/mandoa

EDIT: MiKi's vote was missing...

Edited by DarthMask

11: Phaze - Voting for MiKi

16: Darth Mask - Voting for sayalzah

Keeping my vote on Phaze

- MiKi did respond, but did not convince me. However, even if I suspect she is on because someone BTSC mailed her, there are too many BTSC's to be sure which side she is.

- Sayalzah's claim was not refuted and is still good for me. As I said, the Jedi Spy had ample time to get me (and possibly others) to bandwagon on sayalzah and he did not.

I'm also aware that Lionheart, BlaBlah and Vineetrika shared absolutely nothing and did not vote. All 3 are on my list that needs pressure.

Segul, Young Scientist and Hirkala/maurice are also on my list. If I'm right, the first two don't have any idea who to vote when they are baddies. And some of maurice's comments in N1 look weird to me.

However without knowing when the day is over (if it will ever be over), I can't pressure them now.

I'm also pretty sure that none of the most important Vong+Mandoas are threatened by this lynch - Boba Fett and the Vong torture lord.

1: Araver

3: Marq

6: MiKi

8: curr3nt

9: Aaryan

10: Shadow7

11: Phaze - Lynched and found to be a mandoa soldier

12: sayalzah

13: Framm

15: golfjunkie

16: Darth Mask

18: Molly Mae

After much debate, it was decided that Phaze must die. Screaming and kicking the whole way to the head of the room, phaze pleaded while everyone awaited the fatal shot. Until he was executed, phaze continued to shout instructions at his colleagues.

Sorry for the late post guys.

Edited by Darth Legion

If I am counting right that is 3 Republic roles, 5 Vong+Mandoa roles and 1 Indy role.

Not Republic Commander or Golf wouldn't be voting for you. So that leaves one Soldier, one Jedi or the Senator

Two Vong Soldiers and Commander or the two Mandoa Soldiers.

Sith Lord.

you are indeed counting right. but think about it: assuming you are taking my hint as the truth, then take this as well: i am Republic. So, either i am lying, Or i am a goodie. Leaving the baddie roles gives you jedi, soldier or senator. Do the math, and you might figure out who I am.

Edit: Removed my vote for miki and put it on phaze for self defense

Host : Darth Legion