BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Star Wars Mafia III

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Framm and Araver around? Unlikely. Someone will venge kill Araver. Or Framm will die N1 as he always does.

Unless both of them are bad.

"Venge kill"??

After Tombstone, I think I should have that privilege. Wait, my to-be-venge-killed-list is too long for this game. And the list starts with maurice for making up a dead-man-walking role. And maurice just ran away.

Plus, who is bad anyway? (I was confused with the whole Professor X and Atreides explanation)

Araver was at the end of his rope when a republic soldier saved him.

A Jedi Knight was worried about saylazh, he spied on him; and learned his role.

Phaze was causing more mind games than his worth, the Sith spy knows his role.

Boba Fett creped along a long hallway before jumping on Lionheart, he learned his role.

The Vong Torture Lord had his target where he wanted him. Golf junkie was exposed as a Jedi Knight.

After much debate, the mandoa sided with the Vong.

Host: Darth Legion

1: Araver

2: Vineetrika

3: Marq

4: Hirkala

5: young

6: MiKi

7: Segul

8: curr3nt

9: Aaryan

10: Shadow7

11: Phaze

12: sayalzah

13: Framm

14: Lionheart

15: golfjunkie

16: Darth Mask

17: Blablah

18: Molly Mae

Backups:

1:Glycereine

2:

3:

Edited by Darth Legion

13: Framm - Voting for Molly Mae

16: Darth Mask

Random and MM can show the newer players how to defend. ;)

16: Darth Mask - Voting for Shadow7

Mostly random vote, but I am a bit worried about the early posting...course I could go with Araver, Phaze, or a number of others as well...so more info could easily swing my vote.

11: Phaze - Voting for Araver

@DM Go for the biggest and ugliest ones first I say (but then again I die often as well so my advice should be taken with a grain of salt)

@Sith Now that you know who I am I'd like to propose a temporary truce until our mutual enemies are taken care of. We will try to get information to you when we can without being too obvious (I may need help in this respect).

8: curr3nt - Voting for Phaze

Does "at the end of his rope" mean Araver was saved from something, not just targeted with save?

Guessing he was the target of the NK since I don't see it in the night post. Which brings Phaze's vote into question.

I'd like to know that answer (publicly), too. Although it's pretty obvious. From Q&As in the signup thread:

Q)What is the difference between protect and save?

A)Save protects from all, protect fails to protect from RID kill.

Q) Does trap work as a save, protect or neither?

A) Trap is its own entity. The player being trapped is protected, while the trapper learns the trapee's role. Think of it as a torture role. If you are locked in a dungeon and having answers beaten out of you, you are unlikely to be killed by an external source. In this way, a RID kill can still get through to Fett if the sith learn his identity.

Only two persons were saved, protected or trapped (all of which could have stopped the night-kill): Araver and Golfjunkie.

Very unlikely that the Vong night-kill would be wasted on the Vong Torture lord's target (which would be protected from all but RID Kills) which means I was the target of the Vong Night Kill.

The Mandoa's RID Kill was incorrect (or correct but wasted on me as well *shrug* unlikely but theoretically possible).

Gonna ask this just to be sure:

All successful actions are shown in the night-post? And unsuccessful actions i.e. either stopped by traps or incorrect RIDs are not shown?

Now, my vote goes to Molly Mae, for pressure only.

@Sith - I'd like to propose an alliance (not a truce)

- Mandoa siding with Vong means 4 + 3 = 7 people in BTSC. And they have a Vong trap which apparently acts as a public spy + a Mandoa spy. Which means they might find you two.

Do you think they are gonna let either of you be alive at the end??? - Vong WinCon = KILL ALL OTHERS!

What I propose:

- Keep spying people and go for Fett when you get the chance.

- Help with lynching mandorians (other than Fett of course) and Vong. Or they will get you in the end.

You know Phaze's role, take that into consideration in today's lynch.

Remember that Republic WinCon is that at least one survives the war (same as Sith) and that one need not be Jedi.

And remember that Republic and Sith can win together, while Vong's Win is to kill all others (with the exception of the Mandoans)!

1: Araver - Voting for Molly Mae

@Araver you realize that if I am Bobba Fett as I claimed that an alliance with the Sith would quickly break down unless we also hand over our Jedi Knights? Have you also considered that last night I may have spied myself?

Considered both in my proposal:

1) If you are Bobba Fett, the Sith spied you so they'll save you from lynch + RID you tonight. They still need help to survive till the end and they won't get that from the Vong.

2) If you are Sith and spied yourself last night, fine. Read the above, that changes nothing.

In case you are missing this: I'm trying to get the Sith to save you from lynch today ONLY IF you are not a Vong, nor a Jedi. This is called mutual interest and would cement a Republic + Sith alliance.

9: Aaryan-voting for sayalzah

Edited by Aaryan

9: Aaryan-voting for sayalzah

18: Molly Mae - Voting for Shadow7

Pressure vote.

@Araver: With the vast number of players, I normally would not yet present a defence. In the spirit of showing how it is begun, however, I will.

I did not act last night and there was no mention of me in the night post. I strongly advise that nobody out their role (and I won't until I am sure that Boba Fett is dead). With a RID kill + Spy handy for the Vong+Fett alliance, they're going to make short work of us unless we can pick them out. We're between a rock and a hard place here. Our best bet is to find a few good targets and get what we can from them.

I'm hoping the spy is subtly pushing for a Vong lynch tonight.

@Araver - I was thinking Jedi meant Repubilc.

at least one must survive, outlive sith/jedi depending on side chosen by Fett (republic must outlive sith, Vong must outlive jedi.)

Both Mandoa and Sith win once the Jedi Knight are dead? Mandoa could give up Boba Fett and win with the Sith. Unless Jedi was supposed to be Republic.

Was Jedi supposed to be Republic for Mandoa and if so is it the same for Sith or do Sith just need the Knights and Fett?

Read some of the other thread... Sith wincon is Jedi but I would still like an answer on the Mandoa wincon since you used Jedi there too.

I thought DL already answered me in that thread that Mandoa Wincon if they side with Vong is to eliminate Jedi also (

) since he used the words Jedi not Republic and clarified in that Answer that Jedi=3Jedi Knights.

clearly states that Republic+Sith can win together:

Yes, the way it's set up, numerous Factions can win. (republic) (republic, mandoa,) (republic, sith) (Vong) (Vong, mandoa)(sith)

@Araver: With the vast number of players, I normally would not yet present a defence. In the spirit of showing how it is begun, however, I will.

I did not act last night and there was no mention of me in the night post. I strongly advise that nobody out their role (and I won't until I am sure that Boba Fett is dead). With a RID kill + Spy handy for the Vong+Fett alliance, they're going to make short work of us unless we can pick them out. We're between a rock and a hard place here. Our best bet is to find a few good targets and get what we can from them.

@Molly - fine defence for N1 and enough for me.

You are correct about outing being dangerous ... Vong+Fett have 2 spies (1 spy - Fett + 1 spy - Vong torture lord) and 1 RID Kill.

We actually need help from Sith spy and Jedi spy + Jedi vote manipulator + Sith vote manipulator to win this. And Republic + Sith have no kill role (other than Fett).

As, I said, both the Republic and the Sith win chances are very dim in the light of the Vong + Mandoa alliance.

EDIT: Adding pressure on someone spied by a Jedi Knight according to post.

1: Araver - voting for sayalzah

9: Aaryan - voting for sayalzah

18: Molly Mae - Voting for Shadow7

Edited by araver

Thought about this for a while, and with the dangers of outing, newbies need to be told something: If you are a spy (the Republic spy is the intended target of this message), then you should "subtly" push for a lynch.

The mechanics of this game (3 alternating spies) works in the favor of the Republic:

Jedi Knight #1 – Take turns spying or protecting

Jedi Knight #2 – Take turns spying or protecting

Jedi Knight #3 – Take turns spying or protecting

This means that even if you are outed as a Jedi Knight (as golfjunkie was), the following nights another will be able to spy. It's hard for the Vong+Fett to eliminate the whole spying ability.

I'm voting for sayalzah now because: "A Jedi Knight was worried about sayalzah, he spied on him; and learned his role." as the night-post suggest.

There are two possibilities:

1) The Jedi Knight saw that sayalzah is either Vong or Fett. In this case, please re-read this thread and SPEAK UP.

2) The Jedi Knight saw that sayalzah is either Republic or Sith. In this case, please re-read this thread and make your own choice.

@Golfjunkie, you've already been outed as a Jedi Knight - we already trust you - if it's you who knows who sayalzah is, please SPEAK UP. You only need to say if he is Vong+Fett or Republic+Sith. Don't out sayalzah's complete role if he is Republic+Sith.

Yes, the way it's set up, numerous Factions can win. (republic) (republic, mandoa,) (republic, sith) (Vong) (Vong, mandoa)(sith)

I saw this but it contradicts the Jedi part of the Mandoa wincon. If both Mandoa and Sith have to eliminate the Jedi Knights only (Not Republic and with Sith killing Boba) then I would have expected a (Mandoa, Sith) listed. Hence my question asked.

If Mandoa and Sith can't win together then the Republic and Sith would very much want to work together at the start.