BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

gvg

Question

http://www.globalone.tv/forum/topics/is-the-universe-a-holographic?groupUrl=quantumquest&id=3026128%3ATopic%3A16058&groupId=3026128%3AGroup%3A6423&page=2

This article has changed the way i view reality. Its claim is this: Everything around us is a hologram, objective reality is fake, etc. And it's scientifically supported.

Read the article, it explains better than I can. Whaddya think?

20 answers to this question

Pretty mindbending stuff, I approve :thumbsup: The LSD section reminds me of a book I read by Aldous Huxley about exploring the "deep psychology" of the mind using psychedelics (in that case, mescalin)... he described the mind as a "valve" that was receiving a massive incoming stream of data (in the holographic analogy, this would be all the frequencies in the superhologram or at least some large subset) but had to pick out the "frequencies" that were evolutionarily relevant to survival... ignoring the massive input of other information. [The further theory on this being that psychedelics and other methods "open" the valve so to speak, allowing an input of more frequencies than were originally evolutionarily relevant to living/surviving]

Incredibly interesting...

Somewhat poetic as well, we are all one with everything.

I don't quite understand, what produces the hologram?

I find it very intriguing that one theory seems able to explain almost all paranormal experiences...

Incredibly interesting...

Somewhat poetic as well, we are all one with everything.

I don't quite understand, what produces the hologram?

I find it very intriguing that one theory seems able to explain almost all paranormal experiences...

if this was true. i might believe in a god again.

not the christianity and other religions type god, but a "all powerful omnipresent being" thing

I've seen data on this subject before. The hologram is thought to be produced by something external on an outer boundary of our universe, some type of unknown source. It is said that there is no understanding of this external source; this is due to the fact that scientists still refuse to acknowledge a God. Some will endorse paranormal activity, but not a single one will endorse an all powerful being. (Stopping this tangent right now before it gets out of hand LOL). It's a really advanced string theory concept. At least this is the introduction I received to it.

I've seen data on this subject before. The hologram is thought to be produced by something external on an outer boundary of our universe, some type of unknown source. It is said that there is no understanding of this external source; this is due to the fact that scientists still refuse to acknowledge a God. Some will endorse paranormal activity, but not a single one will endorse an all powerful being. (Stopping this tangent right now before it gets out of hand LOL). It's a really advanced string theory concept. At least this is the introduction I received to it.

Basically, no one knows what makes it :P

Basically, no one knows what makes it :P

Short form? Yes :D My thoughts are that if a single particle of light was bounced of a side of the universe (currently believed to be some sort of reflective film) it would speed up, be stretched beyond its maximum capacity, and generate the entire hologram in the space of a few million years. In my mind, this also accounts for the expanding of the universe. Of course these are a high school students theories.

Yes, I know this subject is above my head. I'm just throwing my thoughts to validate them or change my thought pattern.

Edited by Darth Legion

Short form? Yes :D My thoughts are that if a single particle of light was bounced of a side of the universe (currently believed to be some sort of reflective film) it would speed up, be stretched beyond its maximum capacity, and generate the entire hologram in the space of a few million years. In my mind, this also accounts for the expanding of the universe. Of course these are a high school students theories.

Yes, I know this subject is above my head. I'm just throwing my thoughts to validate them or change my thought pattern.

Your high school student theories are more likely to be right than mine. :P

If each bounce continued the stretch and speed increase, eventually, a map out of the universe would be created. In theory, this also explains dark matter as simply the matter this light has failed to refract from. Any other programmers will understand me in the theorization that even in the rand() function, there are certain number that will take until infinity to attain on a particular machine simply because of either how srand() is set or the equations lack of ability to be a completely random system. Non-programmers will understand a comparison to a large dart board. No matter how many times you throw the dart, you are unlikely to hit every spot. This chance is decreased if there is a pattern of objects around a spot that retains or restricts light going to a certain area; such as a piece of paper of a glass in front of a spot in the case of darts.

0.0 I don't know where this came from, it just popped into my head. Please tear my theory apart if you find the smallest flaw.

Edited by Darth Legion

I have issues with some of this article.

It seems to interchange the holographic film with the perception of the hologram.

How could a hologram observe itself within itself? Is out conscience supposed to exist outside of the "film" to observe this 3D environment?

If the universe is like a holographic film then why can a frog be dissected instead of spawning a smaller universe since we are cutting the "film"? Or does that not work because the cutting is a hologram of us cutting the frog, we aren't actually cutting the film?

I can maybe see this expanding to multiple universe theory. Choices cut the film of the universe spawning copies?

I have issues with some of this article.

It seems to interchange the holographic film with the perception of the hologram.

How could a hologram observe itself within itself? Is out conscience supposed to exist outside of the "film" to observe this 3D environment?

If the universe is like a holographic film then why can a frog be dissected instead of spawning a smaller universe since we are cutting the "film"? Or does that not work because the cutting is a hologram of us cutting the frog, we aren't actually cutting the film?

I can maybe see this expanding to multiple universe theory. Choices cut the film of the universe spawning copies?

maybe that has to do with the parallel universes thing??

i have no idea. :wacko: