BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Tombstone Mafia

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why take something at face value when I can validate?

If it came down to a tie would the individuals in the tie be listed, barring whatever prevented Hirkala being shot occurring.

Under normal circumstances, yes. However, in this situation the tie was with Ike. I do not like the posts directly outing roles, so I did not reveal the second person in the tie.

@curr3nt - you assumption on Slick being Ike is worth a block or a trap.

However I need to point it to you that Ike could simply not act and frame slick with that. So some good strategies on paper can still lead to unavoidable WIFOM later in the game. Please try to think and incorporate baddies responses in your strategies.

@araver - Ike not acting N2 could be good for the goodies so maybe playing WIFOM now instead of later.

Whats the record for goody roles in a row? I might be in the running for it :D

Darth is a baddie shoot him! He was North Korea in the UN game! Two goodie roles in a row isn't a record!

and I think I have gone off into the silly realm. Taking a break until 6ish.

edit - Darth mislead me in the Star Wars one about only being in two mafias... I didn't check the Star Trek one for him. Was he a goodie in that one?

edit 2 - holy crud that was DarthNoob not Darth Legion...I so need a break

Edited by curr3nt

@araver - Ike not acting N2 could be good for the goodies so maybe playing WIFOM now instead of later.

Darth is a baddie shoot him! He was North Korea in the UN game! Two goodie roles in a row isn't a record!

and I think I have gone off into the silly realm. Taking a break until 6ish.

Darth Noob was in UN mafia; and this is my third game and third goody role in a row.

Except I'm not an Indy...

Why does it always seem like I am outed by D1 when I am the Indy... Pisses me off.

But, now I'm a goodie. I made the choice, figured it would be put in to the night post, but there are apparently a lot of things that are happening that I don't understand. Like why people are going after me instead of araver? Ya know? The guy who ruined the awesome plan and made it so we didn't kill a baddie? Good job, araver! Way to go, buddy! So, you had proof of me... And you just decided you were gonna try to kill me? Yeah, unknowns are scary, but guess what? So are baddies who kill you during the night! But that may not be the scariest thing for us. The scariest might be someone who goes against everyone else because they think they know better. And look how that turns out. Unless Texas Jack gets lucky tonight and actually gets one of them, we will be down another goodie with no baddies dead.

Does anyone remember that Indy WinCons are pretty hard to fulfill? So the Indy HAS to be killed on D1....... Huh?

Hand 1) Baddie is lynched

Hand 2) Lynch someone who won't be able to win for quite some time and has, in fact, joined the goodies

Host: maurice

1. Hirkala - Voting for Hand 1

Yay! Baddie is dead!

Now it is N2 and it's one goodie dead and one baddie dead. Good start. 3 to go, 9 of us left. Great odds! Good job, guys! Great plan, curr3nt!

*snooooooooore* Huh? What? Oh, I'm sorry, I think I might have drifted off and had a wonderful dream! Aw, it wasn't real? :( [/massively sarcastic rant]

Anyway... I'm done with that. I'm with you guys. I get targeted why? Because someone here doesn't want me around to screw up their evil plans? Who could that be? Yeah...

So, Texas Jack, don't kill me. I'm on your side. Morgan, if you happen to get a kill tonight, (or any other night,) don't kill me. The baddies will probably end up doing that anyway. Some people complain that they don't survive til the end of the game. I would just like to make it past Night 3. And I would REALLY like to help the goodies (who I am a part of now) win this. Let me.

Sorry, Hirk but you claiming Indy AND siding with goodies AFTER you've been outed kinda proves my point. I don't trust Indies. Backstabbed too often for that.

You had a whole day to hint at that. And most of the night to admit to being the Indy. Doing it now, I don't think anyone is going to A) Believe you and B)Change their action. Except possibly baddies. And you're not exactly arguing your case for them either by claiming you chose the goodies. *shrug*

@Araver: I'm sorry... Did I NEED to hint at my role? Did ANYONE? That is what I have been saying! There has been NO information gained during the day because of the issue I said about the plan. It wasn't good for information gathering. There was no pressure on anyone to actually GIVE any hints. Did you give any? Did Glyc? Did curr3nt? Did EDM? Nope. This was a completely dry day... I'm sorry if you can't see that. I hope the rest of you can. I think we got played. I think something occurred that backfired on the baddies. And now I think araver is coming after me because they got semi-lucky and caught me as the Indy.

Fact is, I made my decision N1. I chose to side with the goodie. I had 3 choices. Side with the goodies, side with the baddies or go it alone. I chose to side with the goodies. Made it a 10 v 4 mafia. With the plan set up the way it was, we should have gotten a clean lynch of a baddie. Now araver was correct. We can get Ike on any day. But guess what else happens? We get no more information than we already have from people. We may be able to try it one more time, but I don't think it's a good idea and am not real sure if it will work. Especially if araver makes it through the night. He would most likely try to off me again. (If they don't kill me tonight.)

Fact is, I made my decision N1. I chose to side with the goodie. I had 3 choices. Side with the goodies, side with the baddies or go it alone. I chose to side with the goodies. Made it a 10 v 4 mafia.

I'm just gonna say this once (cause it involves meta-gaming a bit): Had you been allowed to chose between Goodies, Baddies and Indies in a 9 vs 4 vs 1 Mafia, any experienced player (yourself included) would have chosen Baddie (even without BTSC). Because it would make it 9 vs 5. And with Masters recruited 8 vs 6. That's the best odds any Baddie would wish for in a game with the easiest WinCon (majority). Had I been in those shoes, I would have chosen Baddies in a blink.

You are not making much sense, except seeding confusion and raising WIFOM reasoning for both the Goodies and Baddies ("Is he really with us or does he say that just to make him not kill him?")

Araver, you are pulling everyone here into a mind game. I have half a mind to shoot at you D2(or is it 3?) I think you might have BTSC. Look how your posts are formatted. You talk with power and assurance. You are playing everyone against Hirk, and you have convinced yourself you like the baddie side. Both characteristic of a baddie.

I am at a total loss. Hope we can get some information tonight and get back on track.

How do you guys stop thinking about mafia? My mind just keeps going and going and is making me crazy and second and third guess everything. I'm thinking of trying to limit my access so I am not constantly checking what is happening. That would also cut down on my "of the top of my head" posts.

I am at a total loss. Hope we can get some information tonight and get back on track.

How do you guys stop thinking about mafia? My mind just keeps going and going and is making me crazy and second and third guess everything. I'm thinking of trying to limit my access so I am not constantly checking what is happening. That would also cut down on my "of the top of my head" posts.

I am learning how to break dance

:D curr3nt, possibly you should try :) I have trouble ripping myself from that long enough to check BD :D

Araver, you are pulling everyone here into a mind game. I have half a mind to shoot at you D2(or is it 3?) I think you might have BTSC. Look how your posts are formatted. You talk with power and assurance. You are playing everyone against Hirk, and you have convinced yourself you like the baddie side. Both characteristic of a baddie.

That's just araver being araver. Perhaps his confidence is coming from elsewhere?

@Hirk: There is obviously info that you're keeping from us, and you're the only one with the answers. Everything you've said about your role could be (and probably is) completely false.

But it's mafia...I don't trust any of you completely. Not yet, anyway. :/

That's just araver being araver. Perhaps his confidence is coming from elsewhere?

@Hirk: There is obviously info that you're keeping from us, and you're the only one with the answers. Everything you've said about your role could be (and probably is) completely false.

But it's mafia...I don't trust any of you completely. Not yet, anyway. :/

Could be, however, I think its most probably from BTSC.

Hi, DL. I believe it's the first time we speak in a Mafia.

- This is me, this is how I usually post. And I choose to take those as compliments. :D I never claimed modesty.

- The bit about the meta-gaming: this game is about winning. Choosing the side nearest to winning is optimal. You will feel that once you get to play Goodie, Baddie and Indy at least once each.

@curr3nt:

I can't really help with that. I mean I know what you feel but there is no advice

- The mind rush will ease with time and games.

- That second/third guess is a taste of what WIFOM can make out of you in this game.

- The frequency of posts may not change over time (I can't seem to stop posting either :lol:)

- But, you do need to tone it down with the constant checking.

PS: Ask Maurice about this. He gives excellent advice. Which can be trusted when he's not playing Mafia.

Hi, DL. I believe it's the first time we speak in a Mafia.

- This is me, this is how I usually post. And I choose to take those as compliments. :D I never claimed modesty.

- The bit about the meta-gaming: this game is about winning. Choosing the side nearest to winning is optimal. You will feel that once you get to play Goodie, Baddie and Indy at least once each.

@curr3nt:

I can't really help with that. I mean I know what you feel but there is no advice

- The mind rush will ease with time and games.

- That second/third guess is a taste of what WIFOM can make out of you in this game.

- The frequency of posts may not change over time (I can't seem to stop posting either :lol:)

- But, you do need to tone it down with the constant checking.

PS: Ask Maurice about this. He gives excellent advice. Which can be trusted when he's not playing Mafia.

Well from the looks of it I think I'm infinitely going to get goody spots dry.gif Seeing as how I have never played mafia with you, your defense is plausible.