BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Cavenglok

Question

Brian Dennis was now the official Head of the Police in Climax City after the Basilisk Incident. You are him, and he is you. You have access to medical info/autopsy, scientific info/identification and police squads (however many you want to take with you), but each time you use them, you must answer a riddle. I will prepare the riddle.

*Climax City is a fictional location, and unlike my previous mysteries, will not contain real-life locations.*

A woman walks into your office.

Dialogue: Woman

Woman: Where can I find Detective Brian Dennis?

You: You're speaking to him.

(Woman goes on her knees)

Woman: I don't have too much money, but.. MY SON'S KIDNAPPED!

(Woman bursts in tears)

You: Don't worry, ma'am, we don't need money for a kidnapping. I'm gonna have to ask you some questions, ma'am. Can you answer them for me?

(Woman nods)

You: Where do you live?

Woman: 134 Winston Street.

You: When did you last see your son?

Woman: Last night, I tucked him into bed.

You: Describe your son to us, please.

Woman: 14 years old, about 5'11", 170 pounds, black hair, brown eyes. Asian.

You: I see. Well, we'll have to investigate your house, seeing as it is the scene of the crime.

Woman: I'll give you a key so you can enter any time you want.

You: Thank you. We'll do our best to find your boy. What's your name?

Woman: Elena Walter.

You: Thank you, Ms. Walter.

Locations:

Elena Walter's Home

Items:

Glock G21

Notebook

Key to Elena Walter's Home

What will you do?

• Answers 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Then go to Robbie's again and continue the investigation from there :)

Oh, and listen to the recording and try to remember who it sounds like.

Edited by Shortdude3000

You take a drug that prevents the use of sedative called dedative against you. I know, so creative.

Is that pronounced DEAD-ative? :lol: Sorry, I just had to do it.

Take another look at the CCTV. Try to find any distinguishing features on your attackers. Maybe one of them lost a finger while another has a distinctive birthmark or tattoo?

Good idea Segul, but I said that before and was wrong. I am still confused though... Did his eyes really glow red earlier in the story? If they did, you could arrest him on suspicion of extraterrestrial activity (I'm not exactly sure what I'm saying)

Good idea Segul, but I said that before and was wrong. I am still confused though... Did his eyes really glow red earlier in the story? If they did, you could arrest him on suspicion of extraterrestrial activity (I'm not exactly sure what I'm saying)

I assume it meant his eyes sort of glinted :unsure:

lol no. Have there been any unearthly things in my mysteries? No, the epidemic doesn't count, that's more like a freakish 21st century epidemic. Also, I never said it wasn't Mateo, just said there wasn't enough evidence to try and arrest him. Now that you think about it, it DID sound a lot like Mateo... And it's pronounced DEEdative. Nice try, though. :P

You encounter Robbie. He's... unhappy that you're here. No, wrong word, surprised is a better word.

Dialogue: Robbie

You storm in his house and sit on his couch.

You: Miss me?

Robbie: (bewildered expression, stuttering) How..! But..! I..! Room..!

You: (looking at fingernails, take out taser and toss it, catching it, examine it) I got a few questions to ask you.

Robbie trembles.

You: I went through an... interesting building the other day. Almost got crushed, in fact. You know anything about it?

Robbie is trembling violently. Looks like you'll have to use your WIT.

WIT: Make sure the you've got the taser aimed at Robbie and that your finger is on the trigger.

You: It's over Robbie. It's time to tell me what you know. I've got an elite police force waiting outside, and if they suspect anything or if I don't report back in five minutes, they will break in and are prepared to shoot on sight.

If he makes any sudden movement, tase him instantly.

You: What do you know about Sergio?

EDIT: Forgot to ask a question. :P

Edited by benjer3

WIT: Make sure the you've got the taser aimed at Robbie and that your finger is on the trigger.

You: It's over Robbie. It's time to tell me what you know. I've got an elite police force waiting outside, and if they suspect anything or if I don't report back in five minutes, they will break in and are prepared to shoot on sight.

If he makes any sudden movement, tase him instantly.

You: What do you know about Sergio?

EDIT: Forgot to ask a question. :P

That would probably literally scare him half to death, and you wouldn't get any answers from him. It would be better to try a gentler approach, calm him down a bit. Not a lot, just enough to get your answers, since fear is a good motivator.

Try: Don't worry, I won't taze you as long as I get the truth. So relax, have a cup of water or something. Just be careful not to spill any on yourself, 'cause if I do end up tazing you, it will hurt a lot more. *wait thirty seconds* So what do you know about Sergio?

MATEO IS NOT ALIEN. Jesus.

My computer is being messed up, so I have to type in the codes for color myself. Bear with me if I type in the wrong code.

Dialogue: Robbie

You: Don't worry, I won't tase you as long as I get the truth. So relax, have a cup of water or something. On second thought, don't, 'cause judging from your panic attack, it will hurt a lot more when I tase you.

Robbie: Mrmph. (sits down shakily)

You: So what do you know about Sergio? And why don't you tell me a little about Mateo also?

Robbie: S-Sergio's Mateo's kid.

You: Got that part.

Robbie: Mateo leads the gang.

You: Gang? (you can't wait to use this as evidence against a fellow officer that you have an uncanny talent of choosing cases that involve gangs)

Robbie: The Phoenix.

In a quick movement, you somehow manage to make it look like you zapped his lamp next to you without tasing it. Really, you just did it really quickly.

You: Why don't you start telling the truth? My brother killed the boss. I saw it. I stabbed the corpse, in fact.

Robbie shivers.

Robbie: F-fine! He leads the l-local Mafia.

Suddenly, a bullet flies through the window into his chest. He barfs blood all over you. You ignore it and catch him, drop him, and flip the sofa and use Robbie's body to protect your head, your only unprotected part. You know you have a bulletproof suit on, but after the Basilisk epidemic, you don't particularly trust it. Somehow you expected the murder to happen. You hear sixteen shots. Three go through. One snitches your arm. Thankfully, no blood. But still, damn. It was a nice suit.

You take out the AKUzi and fire random shots in the direction of the window. One of them miraculously hit their mark. Man, you love this.

It seems there are no more assassins. You stick Robbie's foot out just in case. Good. No more. You crawl out and walk out of the house and into the street to see who you killed.

What a surprise. It resembles one of Sergio's, Amanda's and your kidnappers. No doubt Mateo's gang.

But before you move on, you should probably check out why Sergio and Amanda were on the streets in the first place.

Edited by Cavenglok

Mateo wanted to spend more time with Sergio, so he kidnapped him. Considering his mother hit him he was willing to leave her. Sergio then wanted some company so Mateo kidnapped Amanda, hence why Amanda was kidnapped afterwards.

Even if I'm wrong I think it's pretty well thought out :P

I think maybe since Mateo wanted Sergio away from the mother, but he couldn't just directly come and get him since his ex tried to keep Sergio away. So he snuck in to kidnap Sergio, only he wasn't there. Sergio saw his dad and guessed that he was probably upto no good, so he tried to run away. This made Mateo mad and he kidnapped him. But then Amanda saw him, and tried to get help, so he had to kidnap her, too....

Well, considering this is almost gibberish......Segul would be wayyyy closer than me....:D

Edited by EDM

yeah, but there is that small matter of "I plead the fifth". He could choose not to talk. I agree, you need to talk to him, but not by arresting him. Maybe talk to him in his house or something?

Can you choose a time that you know Mateo will be out and then knock on the door? that would allow you to bust his door down. And then you could be waiting for him when he gets back.

If the stuff in the spoiler is legal, do it. Have all your police guys except one hidden around the house. Take the one guy in with you, and make sure you have your taser. and replace the part of the suit that was shot.

CASE CLOSED, right? Mateo's the kidnapper, so let's arrest him and find out where he's hidden the kids.

Yes, but we only know he is guilty because Cavenglok told us, the closest thing to cavenglok in the Brian Dennis world would be God and I don't think "I got a message from God" would stand up in court :P

Very true. You'll need proof to arrest Mateo. For that, you need a witness. I don't want to go through court crap, so bring me a witness who holds plenty evidence, ie.) kidnappees. You see where I'm going with this?

And you need to specify in "answers." I'm presuming you want to find out where Sergio and Amanda are.

"In the wall," he replies.

Well, that's very helpful, isn't it?

@MissKitten I'm pretty sure that's legal. I don't know, it's kind of dick-y in my opinion, but technically they weren't there. I don't know so much about waiting there. How about a couple police officers "investigating" and you're on the sofa watching?

Edited by Cavenglok