BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Cavenglok

Question

Brian Dennis was now the official Head of the Police in Climax City after the Basilisk Incident. You are him, and he is you. You have access to medical info/autopsy, scientific info/identification and police squads (however many you want to take with you), but each time you use them, you must answer a riddle. I will prepare the riddle.

*Climax City is a fictional location, and unlike my previous mysteries, will not contain real-life locations.*

A woman walks into your office.

Dialogue: Woman

Woman: Where can I find Detective Brian Dennis?

You: You're speaking to him.

(Woman goes on her knees)

Woman: I don't have too much money, but.. MY SON'S KIDNAPPED!

(Woman bursts in tears)

You: Don't worry, ma'am, we don't need money for a kidnapping. I'm gonna have to ask you some questions, ma'am. Can you answer them for me?

(Woman nods)

You: Where do you live?

Woman: 134 Winston Street.

You: When did you last see your son?

Woman: Last night, I tucked him into bed.

You: Describe your son to us, please.

Woman: 14 years old, about 5'11", 170 pounds, black hair, brown eyes. Asian.

You: I see. Well, we'll have to investigate your house, seeing as it is the scene of the crime.

Woman: I'll give you a key so you can enter any time you want.

You: Thank you. We'll do our best to find your boy. What's your name?

Woman: Elena Walter.

You: Thank you, Ms. Walter.

Locations:

Elena Walter's Home

Items:

Glock G21

Notebook

Key to Elena Walter's Home

What will you do?

• Answers 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

How is gun flame? Hmm...

But shortdude got it right. In order, you have to use the axe, gun and bomb to open the door. Wait.. Now that you tried to observe it best you can behind the spikes, the door has no hinges, and has iron bars covering it. It's a piece of rock piled together. The spikes actually seem like thin wood.

Edited by Cavenglok

The police call. The location of the phone call doesn't exist. It's just a barren strip of land. Ask them if there's a underground door or something. They say they skimmed the place over. The metal detector is, well, useless because the entire place is covered in metal. Or so it says. They say that they'll try digging.

You chop through the spikes and you get to the door. You try to bust the iron bars, but it doesn't work. You don't doubt the bomb would blow them off, but that's a risk you're not taking. For all you know, it COULD be a very weak one and only bend the iron. The target is next to you, by the way.

You shoot the target. It falls and hits what you now realize is a switch. The iron bars withdraw. You set up the bomb right next to the door. You turn the key. It ticks and the monitor says thirty seconds. You sprint as far away as possible. You count to 30, and the door blows apart Ina ball of flame. It crumbles into ashes. You walk through the door. You get a phone call from the Wall Number. "Good job," it said. The voice sounds familiar. It continues, "What happens when the unstoppable wrecking ball comes across an unsmashable wall? As you speak, a huge wrecking ball descend from the high ceiling. A giant wall is standing before you.

Run out of the room, because if the wall is unsmashable and the wrecking ball is unstoppable then the only compromise is the wall being pushed back and if you stay in the room you will be crushed.

You shoot the target. It falls and hits what you now realize is a switch. The iron bars withdraw. You set up the bomb right next to the door. You turn the key. It ticks and the monitor says thirty seconds. You sprint as far away as possible. You count to 30, and the door blows apart Ina ball of flame. It crumbles into ashes. You walk through the door. You get a phone call from the Wall Number. "Good job," it said. The voice sounds familiar. It continues, "What happens when the unstoppable wrecking ball comes across an unsmashable wall? As you speak, a huge wrecking ball descend from the high ceiling. A giant wall is standing before you.

You said the voice sounded familiar, does the cell phone have a record conversation function, if so record the conversation so you can study the voice more later.

A general theory...

Amanda was pregnant and instead of Amanda and Sergei running off Amanda kidnapped Sergei so he wouldn't tell anyone.

Am I close?

But didn't Amanda disappear after Sergio?

A general theory...

Amanda was pregnant and instead of Amanda and Sergei running off Amanda kidnapped Sergei so he wouldn't tell anyone.

Am I close?

No. I'm starting get slightly annoyed by these presumptions that Sergio and Amanda had sex. THEY ARE NOT IN A ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP. I know, it's odd that two people of the opposite gender can be that close of friends without love kicking in, but they're not.

The wall is knocked over, you cry out loud. The ball, which is about the size of a house, is released. (ironic. In a game of logic, my puzzle has defeated logic.) You know that if you don't get out of the way, you'll be smashed by the ball. You jump behind a fence. The ball barely catches you, and you feel your nose break. Good news is, the wall is broken. Even better, you can escape. The bad news? You just smashed half your police squad.

Well, at least you're out. You call 911 and they take the injured police officers. Half your elite police force is gone. (heh. I'm evil.) At least you can go about anywhere now, after you got pardoned from the judge in court. (again, defeated logic) You may continue your case.

Turns out no one in the squad knows how you got there. The lie detector doesn't lie. (see what I did there?) Seems like you have an enemy who doesn't want you to find Sergio and Amanda.

You were at the corner of the sidewalk of Robbie's house. The CCTV shows you walking down the street. Then people who seem to be the same people who kidnapped Sergio and Amanda sneak up behind you and hit you on the head. You're knocked out and stuffed in a bag similar to Sergio's and Amanda's. They drive you to the small maze-like structure. They drive away. Sadly, the truck leads out of the city, and you don't have a right to search anywhere outside Climax City, Ruralia and Washington D.C. Darn.

There is no such number, according the phone directories, but the area code points to Climax City.

You are now armed with an odd Uzi-sized AK47 and a full-body bulletproof armor. The elite police force is completely trustworthy. Same ones from the Phoenix. By the way, the ones from the Basilisk have been arrested.

The conversation has been recorded. You also track the number. Somewhere around the luxurious area of Climax City.

You take a drug that prevents the use of sedative called dedative against you. I know, so creative.

Edited by Cavenglok