BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Cavenglok

Question

Brian Dennis was now the official Head of the Police in Climax City after the Basilisk Incident. You are him, and he is you. You have access to medical info/autopsy, scientific info/identification and police squads (however many you want to take with you), but each time you use them, you must answer a riddle. I will prepare the riddle.

*Climax City is a fictional location, and unlike my previous mysteries, will not contain real-life locations.*

A woman walks into your office.

Dialogue: Woman

Woman: Where can I find Detective Brian Dennis?

You: You're speaking to him.

(Woman goes on her knees)

Woman: I don't have too much money, but.. MY SON'S KIDNAPPED!

(Woman bursts in tears)

You: Don't worry, ma'am, we don't need money for a kidnapping. I'm gonna have to ask you some questions, ma'am. Can you answer them for me?

(Woman nods)

You: Where do you live?

Woman: 134 Winston Street.

You: When did you last see your son?

Woman: Last night, I tucked him into bed.

You: Describe your son to us, please.

Woman: 14 years old, about 5'11", 170 pounds, black hair, brown eyes. Asian.

You: I see. Well, we'll have to investigate your house, seeing as it is the scene of the crime.

Woman: I'll give you a key so you can enter any time you want.

You: Thank you. We'll do our best to find your boy. What's your name?

Woman: Elena Walter.

You: Thank you, Ms. Walter.

Locations:

Elena Walter's Home

Items:

Glock G21

Notebook

Key to Elena Walter's Home

What will you do?

• Answers 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

It probably would have been good to do this earlier. Assuming they did run off together, they could have gotten pretty far by now. It would be a good idea to send out a BOLO to other counties, even out of state. However, even if that does find them, it doesn't solve the mystery, does it? In that case...

Find out what kind of surgery Sergio's mother had, and reasons why it might stress him out. I'm thinking maybe genetic disease or an accident, two things that could put stress on anyone.

You already found out that Sergio's mother had lung cancer.

You send out a BOLO (Be On the LookOut if people didn't know) to surrounding cities, but keeping the fact that it may be a kidnapping in mind, you tell them to lay low and try to be as discreet as possible.

Dialogue: Elena

You: Why have you been scolding Sergio lately?

Elena: Oh.. Where'd you hear that?

You: That's between me and the witness. Why?

Elena: ..I've been getting stressed out a lot.. With my lung cancer, lack of work... And sometimes Sergio misbehaves, and I snap.

You: That's all? How angry did you get?

Elena: Sometimes.. (tears come to her eyes) I hit him.

Edited by Cavenglok

Two Clips:

You find another interesting video clip, this time sent to you from a police officer. It's from Wayne Street of Climax City, near a train station. The time says 1:01, January 29th, 2011. Sergio and Amanda are soon seen running down the block. A second later, a gang dressed in black sprint down after them.

The second shows what appears to be the same gang enter a blue truck around 1:08, the same day. Two of them have a huge sack. They toss the sack in the truck and they drive away. You record the license plate of the truck. AAV293.

Edited by Cavenglok

Arrest the mom, give it a lot of publicity, the son, overcome with guilt will come back and tell you the whole story assuming he wasn't kidnapped. If he was then he won't and we know that he didn't just run away and can continue searching. Easy!

Edited by TheJMan211

You look for the license plate's owner. You find out that the car is from Ruralia. You have the address.

You arrested the mom. After feeding the news the "story." The news report is as follows:

"Elena Walter, a woman of 46 years of age living in Climax City, Maine, has recently admitted to Domestic Violence against her son, Sergio Walter. The court of Climax City is deciding upon whether to give her a death penalty or 20 years in jail. (That's right, you have that much power to make the sentences THAT ridiculous) Sergio, Mrs. Walter's son, is thought to be kidnapped, but police now thinks he ran away along with Amanda Zhou, his female companion. If anyone sees these children, please report to the nearest police station. The defendant wishes he can call Sergio to the witness stand to defend his mother. Otherwise, they have no hope. This has been Alan Stewart, and you are watching CCN. Back to you, John."

After a couple days, no news come.

You need to solve another riddle to bring about a police squad.

For the best of the best, answer this riddle.

"Once upon a time, there was a woman who hated her sister very much. One day, a genie told her that she had three wishes, but her sister would always get twice as much as her. She had three wishes. The woman wished she would always be the richest person in the world. Her sister also became the richest in the world, for you can't be twice as rich as the richest person. Then she wished she was the most beautiful person in the world. Her sister became the most beautiful person as well. What was the woman's last wish?"

For a slightly less experienced squad, answer this riddle.

"How do you drop an egg five feet without breaking it without a cushioning surface?"

easy.

beat me half to death with a stick.

:P:
drop it from a height greater than five feet so it drops five feet, but it doesnt hit anything.

of course, thalia probably got them first, but i didnt check. and i think 1 was a blond joke on here.

Edited by MissKitten

Blond joke?

Anyway, MissKitten and Thalia both got the first riddle right, so you bring the elite police squad with you. You knock on the door of the address. After a while, the steel door opens to a man looking very groggy, but he looks nice enough. Not the American image sweater and fair face, but he looks like an average person. He introduces himself as Robbie.

Dialoge: Robbie

You: Nice to meet you, Robbie. I'm Detective Brian Dennis. May I have a few words with you?

Robbie looks and growls low. You can feel the police squad tensing up behind you, but Robbie evidently doesn't.

Robbie: Whattya want?

You: Just wanted to talk. Have you seen this boy? He appears to have run away.

Robbie: Hey, that's little Ray Jee!

You: ..Ray Jee?

Robbie: Yeah, Mattie's kid. Man, I remember when he came here, all.. (he stops) Which reminds me, why should I trust you?

WIT

@Thalia peace*out got the second one right.

Dialogue: Robbie

You: I'm looking for the boy because I think he may have been kidnapped. I'm worried for his safety and I'm trying to find him as fast as possible, so any information at all would be appreciated.

Robbie: Hm. No.

You: Why not?

Robbie: I have my reasons.

(Shuts door loudly)

You: (to yourself) Now what?

You know you have a lie detector? For free? (no riddles)

Dialogue: Mateo

You barely snag a meeting with Mateo after threatening and pleading.

You: Have you heard anything about Ruralia recently?

Mateo: Depends on what you mean by that.

You give up. You're not gonna get anything by persisting.

You: What's the relationship between Sergio and Robbie?

Mateo: (fake surprise) Robbie?

You: Robbie in (Robbie's address). Apparently, he knows that Sergio is your child. What's your relationship with him? Or Sergio's?

Mateo: That's for you to find out.

You: (pissed) I don't like your mysterious speaking. You WILL give me straight answers.

Mateo: (eyes glow red) That'd make the game too easy, wouldn't it?

He leaves for a meeting.

Edited by Cavenglok