Riddle of the Dead

Shakeepuddn

Question

• Answers 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

a treasure chamber?

LOL! No, nothing that obvious. Not being condescending as I'm sure you're not familiar with my style. Please check out some of my other riddles and you'll get the idea. Everything is metaphor.

Good luck . . . I made this tougher cause I'm tired of the Dude and Plasmid dispatching them so swiftly. :angry:

Edited by Shakeepuddn

Treasure waits beyond the reach

gold within a hold,

remnants of the dead are stitched

to keep the living whole.

Broken bones among the weeds

scattered ‘round and round,

where untouched gems wait silently

o’er blades upon the ground.

A garden? You need to mulch the soil with dead leaves and humus. You use bone meal in the soil to help the bulbs bloom. Gems above the blades.

I had not a glimmer on this one until moonthirsty and MissKitten got me pointed in the right direction, so regardless of the number of guesses, this is definitely a tough riddle requiring a team effort.

Perched above the earthen plain

Within cocoon it's born

Once picked, just mangled stalks remain

Among which grows more corn

[or maize if you prefer]

I had not a glimmer on this one until moonthirsty and MissKitten got me pointed in the right direction, so regardless of the number of guesses, this is definitely a tough riddle requiring a team effort.

Perched above the earthen plain

Within cocoon it's born

Once picked, just mangled stalks remain

Among which grows more corn

[or maize if you prefer]

Sorry. No dice.

It's the "remnants of the dead..." couplet that keeps throwing me off. W/o that line, I'd guess

a fruit or nut tree

As to the forum activity, I've seen it ebb and flow since I've been active here (I think I started coming to the forums when you were still posting new riddles regularly. I think one of the first riddles I worked on here was one of yours but I can't remember exactly which one.) My feeling is that it depends on how many riddle writers are active. I've never been good at writing the riddles so I haven't contributed much on that end. But it seems that the forum will go through spurts of new riddle writers which will generate a lot of activity for awhile, at least until the writers either run out of riddles or move on to something else.

It's the "remnants of the dead..." couplet that keeps throwing me off. W/o that line, I'd guess

a fruit or nut tree

As to the forum activity, I've seen it ebb and flow since I've been active here (I think I started coming to the forums when you were still posting new riddles regularly. I think one of the first riddles I worked on here was one of yours but I can't remember exactly which one.) My feeling is that it depends on how many riddle writers are active. I've never been good at writing the riddles so I haven't contributed much on that end. But it seems that the forum will go through spurts of new riddle writers which will generate a lot of activity for awhile, at least until the writers either run out of riddles or move on to something else.

Thanks for the input. However, your answer didn't germinate. : )