BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Bank robber Bob lives on the American Canadian border. Every time Bob robs a bank he returns to his home. When the police arrive with warrant in hand, Bob runs to his bedroom at the back of his house and locks himself in. Disgusted the police leave. Why is this?

8 answers to this question

Surely it's not because the back of his house is in the other country? There are several extradition and mutual assistance treaties in place between Canada and the USA to prevent this very thing. The forces would come in multinationally to ensure that he could be taken into custody, regardless of which country he was in when arrested. I suppose it is possible, but only if one side failed to fill out the appropriate paperwork.

However, since the exact question was "Disgusted the police leave. Why is this?", it does not state that he remained at large. Perhaps while in his back bedroom, he tried to eat the money, resulting in projectile vomiting of the currency on himself and others. That would be pretty disgusting.

:D

I think that he was arrested, if he wasn't it should have been made clearer. The police might have been angry because the actual cash was on the other side of the border while Bob could still be arrested.

Could it be that he has two bedrooms, one at the American side and one at the Canadian side when the police of one country come to his house he goes to the side of his house in the other country.

I wonder what he would do if both come at the same time???