BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

UN Mafia

araver

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I propose to everyone here, a challenge.

Let me live through the day. If Slick is England, he will kill me during the night. If he is not England, I will not die tonight, and everyone left is a goodie. (Meaning anyone who can leave, should.) Hirk, if you are right, you've got nothing to lose. If I'm right (which I am, but you wont believe me when I say that), than if you lynch me, you will be sorry.

Marking final votes:

Hooded Figure: Araver

1. Blahblah

2. DarthNoob - Lynched and found to be North Korea

3. Hirkala - Voting for Blablah - FINAL

4. EDM - Killed by Secret Alliance

5. JS - Lynched and found to be Afghanistan

6. Framm - Killed by Secret Alliance

7. Slick /Petrus - IMPRISONED by Australia until N4

8. Segul - Killed by Canada

9. maurice - Voting for Blablah

10.firno

11. golfjunkie - Voting for Blablah - FINAL

1. Blahblah - Voting for Firno

10.firno

Blablah, I'm leaving the game tonight. I have fulfilled my WinCon. And you asking to be left alive is a huge trap. You know someone has to die today. You will probably try and throw it on Firno, get him lynched, I leave, you kill and boom... It's a 2-2 vote the next day. All you gotta dot then is hope the random lynch comes out in your favor.

I'm NOT skeptical! At all! Would you like to see my spreadsheet? It's full and there are only 2 roles I am not completely sure of... And yours is not one of them. I KNOW who you are and it is NOT England.

Well, I sent in a message to Araver last night saying I want to try to leave the game, so I'm just about helpless. You got me. But I've one card left. To play. Let's hope Firno's inactive. Araver, I forfeit my quiting of the game.

1. Blahblah - Voting for Maurice

10.firno

And I'm making my vote count two times.

EDIT: You know, this is my first time playing mafia as a baddie, and I think I played the part pretty well for the first time around.

Edited by Blablah99

All this will do bla, if allowed, is prolong the game.

I will simply propose to Hirk that he do the same, with a promise that we will vote off firno tomorrow due to his inactivity. Then we all still win, except firno, but certainly not you. It will just take us a day longer.

Clarification on the leaving part/vote weight:

Rules say that if a player is able to leave, his vote counts x0. But since the host cannot be sure that he is actually able to leave until AFTER the lynch (since surviving the lynch is necessary for leaving), the vote counts x1 until the lynch is over. I think Molly left me a little paradox to solve here and I should have clarified that statement in the rules before. Let me know if there's something unclear about this rule.

I do not see any question I need to answer in red. But I believe neither of you read the above post.

Edited by araver

Act 6

Discussions started very soon on this day, as people were almost sure of everything now. Confusion soon ensued when opinions were challenged and more outing ensued.

After lunch, with three votes pinning him down, one of the delegates renounced his previous arrangements and decided for an all-out attack. New plans were started, but the Hooded Figure felt he needed to intervene:

"Gentlemen, I see some of you have misinterpreted a rule:

Imagine A and B are left and A decides to leave and B doesn't. Now imagine A and B vote for each other the next day. If both their votes count x1, it's a tie and I will flip a coin and A *may* win and leave. Hence, if he leaves and I count his vote as x0, he would not have been able to leave. Herein lies the paradox of that rule.

Therefore votes count x1 until a player leaves."

A few moments later, BlaBlah realized that not even his best laid plans could not have gotten him of that situation. With sportmanship, China pleaded no contest and the day ended. The Hooded Figure took his hand and disappeared in a flash.

The remaining players looked at each other, then Hirk stoop up. "Gentlemen, it has been a pleasure to work with you. Without breaking the principles I stand for, I am looking forward to future cooperations. Now, if you'll excuse me, I believe I'll just show myself out." Sweden tried the door that appeared after the Hooded Figure left and smiled as it opened. "So long."

The three remaining players looked at each other: Australia, USA and Russia were able to leave tonight, with no obstacles in their way. They shook hands and returned to their quarters. Sleep will come tonight and tomorrow freedom will be earned.

What about England? Well, after waking up and reading the transcripts of the day he considered his two possibilities: Either allow for Aus and USA to leave and be able to leave the next night or kill one of them and still be able to leave the next night ... that was no choice at all. Too much blood was spilled already. Two more nights of sleep will do the trick.

End of act 6

1. Blahblah - Lynched and found to be China

3. Hirkala - Left after D3 - WON

7. Slick /Petrus - Left after D5 - WON

9. maurice - Left after D4 - WON

10.firno - Left after D4 - WON

11. golfjunkie - Left after D4 - WON

Kudos to Hirk, maurice, firno, golfjunkie and Slick for completing your WinCons and leaving successfully! :thumbsup:

Congratulations to all players, I've seen a good game (from where I'm standing :D).

1. Blablah - China

2. DarthNoob - North Korea

3. Hirkala - Sweden

4. EDM - South Korea

5. JS - Afghanistan

6. Framm - Canada

7. Petrus - England

8. Segul - Japan

9. maurice - Australia

10.firno - USA

11. golfjunkie - Russia

Action -> Result

1. Blablah - China - Intercept message from Russia -> Russia was not targeted by South Korea

2. DarthNoob - North Korea - Spy Golfjunkie -> GJ is Russia, he knows who you are now.

3. Hirkala - Sweden - Save Hirk, Spy Framm -> Framm is Canada.

4. EDM - South Korea - No action.

5. JS - Afghanistan - Block JS -> Worked

6. Framm - Canada - Save Hirk->Maurice is Australia.

7. Petrus - England - No action.

8. Segul - Japan - No assasination attempt.

9. maurice - Australia - Trap Maurice->Worked.

10.firno - USA - No guess.

11. golfjunkie - Russia - Spy Framm->Framm is Canada. DarthNoob as North Korea spied you.

Action -> Result

1. Blablah - China - No vote manipulation.

Action -> Result

1. Blablah - China - Intercept message from Australia -> Did not work

2. DarthNoob - North Korea - Dead.

3. Hirkala - Sweden - Invulnerable, Spy Petrus -> Petrus is England.

4. EDM - South Korea - Dead.

5. JS - Afghanistan - Kill Framm, Block Maurice -> Worked & worked (after imprisonment was already in place)

6. Framm - Canada - Kill Segul->worked. Dead.

7. Petrus - England - No action. Informed of Canada's ability inheritance for the next night.

8. Segul - Japan - No assasination attempt. Dead.

9. maurice - Australia - Trap BlaBlah->Worked.

10.firno - USA - Guess (China,Segul) -> Incorrect.

11. golfjunkie - Russia - Spy Segul->Did not work.

Action -> Result

1. Blablah - China - No vote manipulation because of trap.

Action -> Result

1. Blablah - China - Leave -> In progress

2. DarthNoob - North Korea - Dead.

3. Hirkala - Sweden - Leave -> In progress

4. EDM - South Korea - Dead.

5. JS - Afghanistan - Dead.

6. Framm - Canada - Dead.

7. Slick - England - Save BlaBlah -> Did not work

8. Segul - Japan - Dead.

9. maurice - Australia - Trap Petrus/Slick -> Worked

10.firno - USA - Guess (China,BlaBlah) -> Correct.

11. golfjunkie - Russia - Spy BlaBlah -> BlaBlah is China. BlaBlah did not visit anyone.

Action -> Result

1. Blablah - China - Forfeited leave - Doubled own vote (not enough)- Plead no contest

Congrats guys. :thumbsup:

@Maurice: Remember when I said to trust my initial vote? I originally voted for JS before reading the actual Night Post, I missed the first part of it.

Anyways...

Here are some helpful hints to Segul and the newer players.

1) Don't out your role till you absolutely have to. It makes the game slightly boring if everybody just outs their role, and it makes it really hard for baddies to win.

2) If you are caught defending a baddie than you will be lumped in their with the baddies. So you can try and defend them if you think that they are a goodie, just be careful with how heavy you are defending them. You will end up dying at night or being heavily pressured during the lynch.

3) If you have an RID kill/save/spy/etc... and are a goodie then it is best to start N1 with trying to find baddies, unless there is a punishment that goes with RIDing. Like firno, he could have been a indirect spy by being able to eliminate players to be China.

Feel free to make amendments to this if y'all want to add something to it.