BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

wolfgang

Question

A king with his retinue were passing through in a wood for hunting as he noticed something very strange!!more than 30 trees were marked with targets consisting of 10 evenly spaced concentric rings, and all were shot with an arrow exactly at the center of the smallest ring!

No bow was wrong !all were exactly shot at the center!

The king said" the one who shot these arrows is really a toxophilite!!".

After a while a 10 years old boy came across holding a bow in his hand.

He said"your magisty,I shot at these trees form varying distances ranging from 20 to 30 meters...but I am a very bad bowman".

He was telling the truth! but how he was able to shot all the targets without doing any mistake?

13 answers to this question

...he uses the term "bowman" to refer to the art of tying bows. Or perhaps his last name is Bowman and he has no morals. As he is young, he may also be weak in the arm. That would mean that he would make for a terrible bowhand (also called a bowman). But I'm just using various definitions of the word bowman.

I really do like Panwar's answer, though. =P

Edited by Molly Mae

the trees were in a circle. he stands beside one tree and aims at the one across, but punches a hole on the target behind him by mistake. he moves to the next tree, aims at the tree across and punches a hole on the target behind him again, does this until he punches holes on all targets.

...he uses the term "bowman" to refer to the art of tying bows. Or perhaps his last name is Bowman and he has no morals. As he is young, he may also be weak in the arm. That would mean that he would make for a terrible bowhand (also called a bowman). But I'm just using various definitions of the word bowman.

I really do like Panwar's answer, though. =P

I mean...he was a bad shooter.