BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

"Using the power of Mana, a civilization had grown strong...

In time, Mana was used to create the ultimate weapon: the Mana Fortress...

This angered the gods. They sent their beasts to destroy the Fortress...

A violent war rocked the world, and Mana seemed to disappear...

Before all was lost, a hero with the Mana Sword smashed the Fortress...

Though the civilization had been destroyed, the world was peaceful again...

But time flows like a river...and history repeats..."

The capital of the Empire was Northtown, and so was the Resistance's base. The Resistance knew how to keep security tight...yet there was a back door in Southtown. Three figures made their way through this secret way, being given the password by Mara, a Resistance agent.

They were now surrounded by soldiers, and the leader was there.

"Here they are Krissie." said a soldier.

"Who're you? Imperial spies?"

The foremost of the three spoke up. "Hasn't Jema been here?"

"You know Jema? So you're the ones he's been talking about. Welcome to the Resistance!"

"My name's Randi." The boy replied.

A girl behind him spoke to Krissie. "You're the leader? A girl?"

The third newcomer, a sprite child of the Upperlands, broke in. "Jealous, Purim?"

"Knock it off Popoie. We need to hurry up and find Dyluck."

"Wait," said Krissie. "You know Dyluck?"

"Why?"

"He's been draining energy from people who go to the ruins in the east."

"That was happening in Pandora! Why would he...?"

"We'll check into it. Sounds like Thanatos' doing..."

>>>>>>>>>>

Jema stood guard at the entrance to Tasnica, pondering the events of the day. Something was different about the king. Some questions are going to be asked soon, but he was almost afraid of the answers they would bring.

>>>>>>>>>>

"Sheex has infiltrated Tasnica."

"Yes, Thanatos."

"...the Mana Knight is growing into an obstacle."

"Yes."

"Let us be rid of him. He is here in Northtown. He does not leave alive."

"Yes, sir." Thanatos' general turned to leave.

"Geshtar."

"Yes?"

"Do not fail me this time."

"I'm intent on revenge. He will slip past me no more."

>>>>>>>>>>

"Hey boss! What next?"

The Scorpion Army Boss looked at her two soldiers. "What next? We're going to take Kilroy and defeat the Emperor! Nothing can stop us when we get rid of him!"

>>>>>>>>>>

Northtown was filled with Resistance soldiers, Imperial spies, Mana heroes, dark villains. Thanatos smiled grimly from his spot by Emperor Vandole. Dyluck stood next to them, oblivious, fully in Thanatos' power.

It was only a matter of time

Heroes (WINCON: Eliminate the Bodyguard)

1. Randi: (Mana Knight) 1 RID kill per night

2. Purim: (Mana Pandoran) Uses mana to balloon target (block)

3. Popoie: (Mana Sprite) Uses mana to silence target (redirect)

4. Krissie: (Resistance Leader) 1 save per night

5. Jema: (Tasnican Knight) RID remedy for zombies; Randi's mentor (BTSC)

6. Mara: (Resistance Agent) Has 1 spy per night

Bodyguard (WINCON: Majority) Has NK and BTSC

1. Thanatos: (Dark Lich) Target becomes zombie until remedy from Jema (target can't act or post)

2. Geshtar: (Mech Rider) Second chance at Mana group (vote can x2)

3. Sheex: (Dark Stalker) Usurper of Tasnican throne (role steal/night) If lynched, night's stolen role will be shown

Scorpion Army (WINCON: Outlive Mana and Bodyguard)

1. Scorpion Army Boss: (DEPLOY KILROY!) Has RID kill/night. Can only be killed by RID. If targeted for NK or lynch, Army boy will die in her stead unless they're both dead.

2. Scorpion Army Boy #1: (Decoy) Has Popoie's ability on even nights and Krissie's on odd

3. Scorpion Army Boy #2: (Another decoy) Has Krissie's ability on even nights and Popoie's on odd

Sage Joch: LJ

1. Molly

2. maurice

3. Framm

4. Segul

5. araver

6. Hirkala

7. onetruth

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

12.firno

Backup:

1. Slick

No actions or votes will be accepted past 9:00 PM...uh...EST

Questions and suggestions for host in blue

Let the night begin. Send in your actions!

• Answers 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Okay. I am going to trust Molly for now. I have narrowed down the Bodyguard to three of five people. One of them is Maurice. The others are Slick, Woon, Onetruth and Firno. Three of them are bodyguard, one is the scorpion army boss, and one is Randi. I'm not sure if I'll survive the night, so I'm releasing my information now.

Okay. I am going to trust Molly for now. I have narrowed down the Bodyguard to three of five people. One of them is Maurice. The others are Slick, Woon, Onetruth and Firno. Three of them are bodyguard, one is the scorpion army boss, and one is Randi. I'm not sure if I'll survive the night, so I'm releasing my information now.

umm yeah we all should have it narrowed down to 6 people or so...unless you think BG's will target selves...so I'll throw out my BG list

Slick, firno and blah blah, (with woon and OT right behind, maurice being the 6th...something about that guy smells really really good though)

OT where she is only because Molly believes in her and despite his feelings towards me :huh: I trust Molly at this point.

Tonight, goodies, we swing things back in our favor...I think I finally know who Hirkala is...

Well, I think we should proceed with caution. Jema might be dead or (ironically) a zombie. If this is so, the BG has the upper hand, and will not need to hide behind their facade as goodies much longer. Last nights actions were rather interesting to look at, and I already know who Brandon is. Yes, I am aware that this message might be misunderstood, but I'll take that chance.

Maurice, I think you're saying that to foreshadow my death/zombification. If I die or become a zombie tonight, I blame you.

How do you get any of that out of my post? I foreshadowed this post a couple of posts back...read it...I suggest you don't lead goodies astray. If I am correct, then things will swing in the goodies favor, sorry Molly, as a Army Boy, I know you don't want that. If you are zombified tonight blahblah, then I will do what I can to bring you back, if you die then I'll try to figure out what I could have done differently I guess :unsure:

Night 3: Ceremony

Mara followed Molly tonight, and when Molly walked under a streetlight, she turned. Mara, still in the shadows, saw Molly's face, but no one saw her. The agent sneaked off, talking to herself. "Well that's good to know."

>>>>>>>>>

A Scorpion Army Boy walked the streets, his eyes wider than they usually would be, it was scary not having his buddy around. He went and looked for Maurice to try and see if he could be of any help. But he found Maurice in the pub, free from harm. No need to save him.

>>>>>>>>>

The bodyguard was fully active tonight.

Sheex was out doing his favourite hobby. Slick was hanging around outside the pub, open for all to see under the lantern by the doorway. Sheex sneaked up, and stood just outside the reach of the light. He could have stayed there as long as he wanted, but Sheex left as soon as he recognized Slick.

Geshtar was out riding his favourite mech bike. It was time to settle a score. He roared full blast into the park, where Molly Mae was. He came in fishtailing, knocking Molly to the ground. As his target got back up, slowly and painfully, Geshtar yelled at Molly. "Who's gonna save you now?"

Molly was taken to the castle in the same manner as Nick.

Thanatos was out visiting his favourite place in town. The Eastern Ruins. There he saw Hirkala and Brandon staring at ancient statues in the old palace's courtyard. Near the entrance to the courtyard he saw a figure. The Dark Lich had an aura about him that allowed him to control any zombies in the area. Hirk and Bran went to investigate the figure, in a moment they came to Thanatos with Blablah, and his mind was already going.

Thanatos nodded to his two minions. "Good work."

>>>>>>>>>

When morning came, Northtown was pretty quiet...

>>>>>>>>>

1. Molly - DEAD - killed by the Bodyguard

2. maurice

3. DarthNoob - LYNCHED - found to be Purim

4. Segul - LYNCHED - found to be the 2nd Scorpion Army boy

5. BlaBlah - zombified!

6. Hirkala - zombified

7. onetruth

8. NickFleming - DEAD - killed by the Bodyguard

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandon - zombified

12. firno

Day 3 ends 12/18, 9:00 PM EST

EDIT: Hey! Woot! 1K!

edit 2: apologies for delay

Edited by LJayden

not if we can somehow free up you zombies...I think? Surley baddies didn't kill or zombify themselves?

If they didn't zombify themselves, then they have the lynch majority to take out whoever they want, then they kill the remaining player tonight, game over. And in case that one of the zombies is un-zombified at the end of the day, then that player will just be zombified again tonight, game over. Basically the BGs had 2 simple kills this game, thus a single Hero lynch=BG win. So it should be over as far as I can tell.

2. maurice - voting for woon

5. BlaBlah - zombified!

6. Hirkala - zombified

7. onetruth

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandon - zombified

12. firno

good to see I finally made night post...Molly trusted OT, I guess me too because I'm sure he was Army boy...

still have not heard anything from woon, and firno you're next if woon clears self

Edited by maurice

Omg I'm so sorry this completely slipped my mind and I forgot about the game! Yesterday was super busy/fun for me (seeing lots of old friends) and today was of the similar sort. I'll have to tell future game masters that I check my email all the time so if I appear to be mia you can remind me easily

Anyway hope you guys are having fun, two bodyguards are dead so sweet!

2. maurice - voting for woon

5. BlaBlah - zombified!

6. Hirkala - zombified

7. onetruth - voting for woon

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandon - zombified

12. firno

I did want to hear from you before, seahorse. I wish the rest of the team had agreed at the time.

Edit: maurice, you're next on my list. I may change that to first.

Edited by onetruth

If they didn't zombify themselves, then they have the lynch majority to take out whoever they want, then they kill the remaining player tonight, game over. And in case that one of the zombies is un-zombified at the end of the day, then that player will just be zombified again tonight, game over. Basically the BGs had 2 simple kills this game, thus a single Hero lynch=BG win. So it should be over as far as I can tell.

Yeah, I'm going over it again and again, and this is the only conclusion I can come to as well.