BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

"Using the power of Mana, a civilization had grown strong...

In time, Mana was used to create the ultimate weapon: the Mana Fortress...

This angered the gods. They sent their beasts to destroy the Fortress...

A violent war rocked the world, and Mana seemed to disappear...

Before all was lost, a hero with the Mana Sword smashed the Fortress...

Though the civilization had been destroyed, the world was peaceful again...

But time flows like a river...and history repeats..."

The capital of the Empire was Northtown, and so was the Resistance's base. The Resistance knew how to keep security tight...yet there was a back door in Southtown. Three figures made their way through this secret way, being given the password by Mara, a Resistance agent.

They were now surrounded by soldiers, and the leader was there.

"Here they are Krissie." said a soldier.

"Who're you? Imperial spies?"

The foremost of the three spoke up. "Hasn't Jema been here?"

"You know Jema? So you're the ones he's been talking about. Welcome to the Resistance!"

"My name's Randi." The boy replied.

A girl behind him spoke to Krissie. "You're the leader? A girl?"

The third newcomer, a sprite child of the Upperlands, broke in. "Jealous, Purim?"

"Knock it off Popoie. We need to hurry up and find Dyluck."

"Wait," said Krissie. "You know Dyluck?"

"Why?"

"He's been draining energy from people who go to the ruins in the east."

"That was happening in Pandora! Why would he...?"

"We'll check into it. Sounds like Thanatos' doing..."

>>>>>>>>>>

Jema stood guard at the entrance to Tasnica, pondering the events of the day. Something was different about the king. Some questions are going to be asked soon, but he was almost afraid of the answers they would bring.

>>>>>>>>>>

"Sheex has infiltrated Tasnica."

"Yes, Thanatos."

"...the Mana Knight is growing into an obstacle."

"Yes."

"Let us be rid of him. He is here in Northtown. He does not leave alive."

"Yes, sir." Thanatos' general turned to leave.

"Geshtar."

"Yes?"

"Do not fail me this time."

"I'm intent on revenge. He will slip past me no more."

>>>>>>>>>>

"Hey boss! What next?"

The Scorpion Army Boss looked at her two soldiers. "What next? We're going to take Kilroy and defeat the Emperor! Nothing can stop us when we get rid of him!"

>>>>>>>>>>

Northtown was filled with Resistance soldiers, Imperial spies, Mana heroes, dark villains. Thanatos smiled grimly from his spot by Emperor Vandole. Dyluck stood next to them, oblivious, fully in Thanatos' power.

It was only a matter of time

Heroes (WINCON: Eliminate the Bodyguard)

1. Randi: (Mana Knight) 1 RID kill per night

2. Purim: (Mana Pandoran) Uses mana to balloon target (block)

3. Popoie: (Mana Sprite) Uses mana to silence target (redirect)

4. Krissie: (Resistance Leader) 1 save per night

5. Jema: (Tasnican Knight) RID remedy for zombies; Randi's mentor (BTSC)

6. Mara: (Resistance Agent) Has 1 spy per night

Bodyguard (WINCON: Majority) Has NK and BTSC

1. Thanatos: (Dark Lich) Target becomes zombie until remedy from Jema (target can't act or post)

2. Geshtar: (Mech Rider) Second chance at Mana group (vote can x2)

3. Sheex: (Dark Stalker) Usurper of Tasnican throne (role steal/night) If lynched, night's stolen role will be shown

Scorpion Army (WINCON: Outlive Mana and Bodyguard)

1. Scorpion Army Boss: (DEPLOY KILROY!) Has RID kill/night. Can only be killed by RID. If targeted for NK or lynch, Army boy will die in her stead unless they're both dead.

2. Scorpion Army Boy #1: (Decoy) Has Popoie's ability on even nights and Krissie's on odd

3. Scorpion Army Boy #2: (Another decoy) Has Krissie's ability on even nights and Popoie's on odd

Sage Joch: LJ

1. Molly

2. maurice

3. Framm

4. Segul

5. araver

6. Hirkala

7. onetruth

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

12.firno

Backup:

1. Slick

No actions or votes will be accepted past 9:00 PM...uh...EST

Questions and suggestions for host in blue

Let the night begin. Send in your actions!

• Answers 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

205 answers to this question

1. Can you make sense of this statement: "Geshtar knew he was found out, and raced back to the castle." Because if target is saved, nothing points back at the one who attempted it. Especially if the name in the night-post is just a feature (as suggested in the Signups thread). So why use "found out" in the post? Was there a hint or can we ignore that part of the sentence?

2. In this description "Geshtar: (Mech Rider) Second chance at Mana group (vote can x2)" the ability is that "his vote always counts x2 " or "his vote can count x0/x1/x2" or a classical manipulator "can make any vote count x0/x1/x2"?

3. Do saves always appear in the night-post or only when successful (i.e. the same rule as blocks and redirects appearing in the night-post)?

4. Thanatos can zombify himself? (I admit it's a stretch since this is not a normal trap a Night/Day cycle role, but I wanna know if it's possible)

1. Ignore it. Simply for the story. Geshtar wouldn't run away normally...had to make an excuse

2. Vote can count x1 or x2

3. They always appear

4. Thanatos is by nature a type of zombie....but there is no rule saying he can't target himself.

And for tie lynch, I flip my lucky coin.

Edited by LJayden

Are you guys sure Segul isn't just making a noob mistake?

Well maybe, but seeing as how ive got two votes on me, maybe 3, don't see what choice I have. Rather a newbie possible goodie be lynched than a certain goodie

Brandon, please chill. I read some if not all of your Mafias here on BD and I really don't like that kind of pretense mind-game. I mean maybe you're seeing new faces, but I don't see a new one when looking at you. Do you really wanna go back to never being trusted, ever again? :D

We need activity, not votes. We got enough of random/no-reason votes.

So let me get this straight, your defense is that I need to leave you alone or I will not be trusted, because I am pressing evidence against you? I don't care if I am not trusted, I find it's safer to always assume that no one trusts me... but this is evidence that you have not negated. Prior to JL's clarification you were sticking to the idea that there was enough pressure... when there was even disbursement of pressure. As I said, you were either pushing to kill everyone, or prevent people from learning info, so lets hear it, and don't bother trying to sidestep by pointing to JL's clarification. I wanna hear your reasoning for it being a good idea that nothing is learned. And again, as I said, I have a few reasons for suspecting you... beyond what I have posted about so far. Now lets hear what you have to say BG.

Are you guys sure Segul isn't just making a noob mistake?

Could have been a noob mistake... could have been a noob response... could be a noob panicking right now rather than responding (the reason that he is here to read, but not to defend)... but then again, why would he be panicking?

Silence is no defense... silence is death.

Edited by Brandonb

@LJ - Thanks for the answers.

@Bb - And that was not my defense. Try to read it again thinking its not a defense and a meaning might actually reach you. You're on my ignore list atm.

@Slick - waiting for your response. Putting my vote back since now I'm sure you can give a response:

1. Molly - Voting for Slick

2. maurice - Voting for Segul

3. Framm - Voting for Maurice

4. Segul- voting for Molly mae

5. araver - Voting for Slick

6. Hirkala-zombified

7. onetruth - Voting for Maurice

8. NickFleming

9. woon - voting for Segul

10. slick

11. Brandonb - voting for Segul

12. firno - Voting for Slick

5. araver

6. Hirkala-zombified

8. NickFleming

10. slick-voting for Brandonb

Only b/c he's confusing the noob's in my belief, and is the most suspicious to out himself quite so early. I could be wrong though, I haven't found much else to lynch someone. If anyone is with me, better change quickly.

As for myself, you may go to the signup thread to see I was gone at work all day. Besides that, it was purely a guess to vote for me to begin with, unless you can prove otherwise. Take your imaginary speculation, and put it in your pipe and smoke it. :P:P:P

@Bb - And that was not my defense. Try to read it again thinking its not a defense and a meaning might actually reach you. You're on my ignore list atm.

@ everyone else, just notice that he made sure to tie it up again once someone got in the lead. What we have here is a Baddie hooked on the line (Segul) and another baddie trying to save him. No worries, the third baddie will make himself known just before the end of the day to push it into Slick's favor (or to even the vote to a tie with Slick once he changes his vote to Segul to save himself)

6. Hirkala-zombified

8. NickFleming

Edit: Just to make it clear Slick, araver just pushed you back into a tie for the majority. You have a 50% chance of being lynched right now.

Edited by Brandonb

As for myself, you may go to the signup thread to see I was gone at work all day. Besides that, it was purely a guess to vote for me to begin with, unless you can prove otherwise. Take your imaginary speculation, and put it in your pipe and smoke it. :P:P:P

I know you could have been inactive, but when active you're more likely to provide a defense D1 than a noob. And that no-defense-needed strategy doesn't actually count IMHO. So, I'm not changing my vote.

I do wonder about Bb's claim. I agree with araver that it is a noble gesture. But how do we know for sure. He asked the other Army guys to not speak up. Wouldn't it be easy to claim a role where there are two (or three) others and neither can work to sort it out? Not accusing mind you, just think it curious.

Based on this thought from earlier, ots post re segul and slicks post I'm thinking Bb is BG...if wehe gets lynched its win win. He said he doesn't like his role, so he won't have to play it. If he's lying then we've lynched a BG.

Someone please move my vote to brandon.

Someone please move my vote to brandon.

2. maurice -voting for Brandonb

6. Hirkala-zombified

8. NickFleming

Granted, I probably would have claimed Army no matter what faction I ended landing in... Your vote change is still a bad move.

Granted, I probably would have claimed Army no matter what faction I ended landing in... Your vote change is still a bad move.

Do you have something on segul? I actually would like to keep playing with you...but I won't get starstruck into losing this for my faction. So if you have a solid reason for segul being BG I'd love to hear it

5. araver

6. Hirkala-zombified

8. NickFleming - voting for Molly mae

For vote manipulator reasoning. I'm determined to learn something from D1 :D

Edited by NickFleming

5. araver

6. Hirkala-zombified

8. NickFleming

Only b/c he's confusing the noob's in my belief, and is the most suspicious to out himself quite so early. I could be wrong though, I haven't found much else to lynch someone. If anyone is with me, better change quickly.

He's trying to bury me again.

BTW, I should keep alive if possible and araver has nothing on me, nor anyone else. I just want a fair trial like the next guy. It's so rare these days. Read my above post before he tries to bury the heck out of it again. That may be his scheme to fool y'all.

5. araver

6. Hirkala-zombified

8. NickFleming

He's trying to bury me again.

BTW, I should keep alive if possible and araver has nothing on me, nor anyone else. I just want a fair trial like the next guy. It's so rare these days. Read my above post before he tries to bury the heck out of it again. That may be his scheme to fool y'all.

Still trying to bury me.

Edited by akaslickster

Do you have something on segul? I actually would like to keep playing with you...but I won't get starstruck into losing this for my faction. So if you have a solid reason for segul being BG I'd love to hear it

-Earlier when I was playing off of Molly Mae's straight forward request of araver, I decided to play around and make a straight forward request of Segul and firno, asking them to reveal IF they were BG. I was playing around, but I got a quick and rabid response from Segul. Why be so offended by it unless he thought I was really trying to get him to reveal his baddie status? Suspicious, but only suggestive.

-Then he followed up by making a vote in favor of Molly, a confirmed non-BG. I STRONG suggestion that he was not thinking it through, and a STRONG suggestion that he is against Molly for some reason (what other reason than because he tried to kill her the night before?).

-Following that, he made a post saying that I was BG because I voted against him... even though his actions are mounting up as being very suggestive of being BG.

-So he was able to make that comment, but then refused to actually defend, or to change his vote away from the confirmed innocent. At this point I'm thinking that he needs to consult his BTSC before he slips up again.

-At this point his BTSC buddies have told him to leave his vote where it is, so that Araver can keep it tied. So that at the end of the day, Segul (who is already HIGHLY suspicious) will be able to jump in and change his vote to place someone else in the majority. Sure it will confirm him as a baddie, but he's already there, so it won't make much difference. Plus it will rid the thread of all conversation tomorrow (A HUGE advantage for the BGs) when he have a confirmed baddie to lynch.

If you have something, anything, more solid on ANYONE else, let me know.

Also, araver is a BG. Both because of his constant and punctual but indirect defense of Segul through his acts, and also because of his behavior. I had him down as suspicious when he made the grand congratulatory post following me outing myself. What better thing for a baddie to say, when both opponents have joined forces against you, than 'good job I support you'? Again, that only made him suspicious, but his consistent acts since them have condemned him.

Less than 18mins to go before a baddie gets away clean!

@ Nick, JL said that he can choose to have a x1 vote

Well that's why I'm looking forward to playing with you. gimme 5 minutes to think. Will someone please post the real most updated roster so I can think this through.

Edit I'm on my phone and nicks had at least 2 errors

Edited by maurice

Well that's why I'm looking forward to playing with you. gimme 5 minutes to think. Will someone please post the real most updated roster so I can think this through.

Edit I'm on my phone and nicks had at least 2 errors

6. Hirkala-zombified

8. NickFleming- voting for Molly mae

FYI, taking note that Nick chose to vote against a confirmed innocent.

8mins remaining.

Edited by Brandonb

5. araver

6. Hirkala-zombified

8. NickFleming - voting for Molly mae

10. slick-voting for segul

Happy now?

Thank you Slick :)

One more vote will put us out of the woods.

6. Hirkala-zombified

8. NickFleming- voting for Molly mae

10. slick - voting for Segul