BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

"Using the power of Mana, a civilization had grown strong...

In time, Mana was used to create the ultimate weapon: the Mana Fortress...

This angered the gods. They sent their beasts to destroy the Fortress...

A violent war rocked the world, and Mana seemed to disappear...

Before all was lost, a hero with the Mana Sword smashed the Fortress...

Though the civilization had been destroyed, the world was peaceful again...

But time flows like a river...and history repeats..."

The capital of the Empire was Northtown, and so was the Resistance's base. The Resistance knew how to keep security tight...yet there was a back door in Southtown. Three figures made their way through this secret way, being given the password by Mara, a Resistance agent.

They were now surrounded by soldiers, and the leader was there.

"Here they are Krissie." said a soldier.

"Who're you? Imperial spies?"

The foremost of the three spoke up. "Hasn't Jema been here?"

"You know Jema? So you're the ones he's been talking about. Welcome to the Resistance!"

"My name's Randi." The boy replied.

A girl behind him spoke to Krissie. "You're the leader? A girl?"

The third newcomer, a sprite child of the Upperlands, broke in. "Jealous, Purim?"

"Knock it off Popoie. We need to hurry up and find Dyluck."

"Wait," said Krissie. "You know Dyluck?"

"Why?"

"He's been draining energy from people who go to the ruins in the east."

"That was happening in Pandora! Why would he...?"

"We'll check into it. Sounds like Thanatos' doing..."

>>>>>>>>>>

Jema stood guard at the entrance to Tasnica, pondering the events of the day. Something was different about the king. Some questions are going to be asked soon, but he was almost afraid of the answers they would bring.

>>>>>>>>>>

"Sheex has infiltrated Tasnica."

"Yes, Thanatos."

"...the Mana Knight is growing into an obstacle."

"Yes."

"Let us be rid of him. He is here in Northtown. He does not leave alive."

"Yes, sir." Thanatos' general turned to leave.

"Geshtar."

"Yes?"

"Do not fail me this time."

"I'm intent on revenge. He will slip past me no more."

>>>>>>>>>>

"Hey boss! What next?"

The Scorpion Army Boss looked at her two soldiers. "What next? We're going to take Kilroy and defeat the Emperor! Nothing can stop us when we get rid of him!"

>>>>>>>>>>

Northtown was filled with Resistance soldiers, Imperial spies, Mana heroes, dark villains. Thanatos smiled grimly from his spot by Emperor Vandole. Dyluck stood next to them, oblivious, fully in Thanatos' power.

It was only a matter of time

Heroes (WINCON: Eliminate the Bodyguard)

1. Randi: (Mana Knight) 1 RID kill per night

2. Purim: (Mana Pandoran) Uses mana to balloon target (block)

3. Popoie: (Mana Sprite) Uses mana to silence target (redirect)

4. Krissie: (Resistance Leader) 1 save per night

5. Jema: (Tasnican Knight) RID remedy for zombies; Randi's mentor (BTSC)

6. Mara: (Resistance Agent) Has 1 spy per night

Bodyguard (WINCON: Majority) Has NK and BTSC

1. Thanatos: (Dark Lich) Target becomes zombie until remedy from Jema (target can't act or post)

2. Geshtar: (Mech Rider) Second chance at Mana group (vote can x2)

3. Sheex: (Dark Stalker) Usurper of Tasnican throne (role steal/night) If lynched, night's stolen role will be shown

Scorpion Army (WINCON: Outlive Mana and Bodyguard)

1. Scorpion Army Boss: (DEPLOY KILROY!) Has RID kill/night. Can only be killed by RID. If targeted for NK or lynch, Army boy will die in her stead unless they're both dead.

2. Scorpion Army Boy #1: (Decoy) Has Popoie's ability on even nights and Krissie's on odd

3. Scorpion Army Boy #2: (Another decoy) Has Krissie's ability on even nights and Popoie's on odd

Sage Joch: LJ

1. Molly

2. maurice

3. Framm

4. Segul

5. araver

6. Hirkala

7. onetruth

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

12.firno

Backup:

1. Slick

No actions or votes will be accepted past 9:00 PM...uh...EST

Questions and suggestions for host in blue

Let the night begin. Send in your actions!

• Answers 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

@Segul & firno

Off-topic: It's not a matter of forgiveness and it's probably best that you were upfront with it.

I guess it's hard for both of you to start playing Mafia in the same game and cannot completely *not talk* about it in real life. It's something anyone of us can relate to.

However, try to not spoil it by talking between yourselves. There are probably a lot of things not covered by the Guide that you're likely to discover gradually when actually playing a Mafia. My advice would be that each time you want to say something about Mafia rules to the other, re-check if it's something you know/thought of because of your role i.e. if it is "neutral". If this something is indeed neutral, then it does not hurt to say it in the forum instead of in real life. If it's not neutral, either find something neutral that implies that something or stay quiet so as to not hint to your role unnecessarily.

Makes sense?

Also, it would taint/ruin your first-time experience with Mafia. Reasoning like "because X knows what something is/does (E.g. RID), he knows it because of his role, etc." is not really necessary and can also lead you to wrong actions/a wrong path pretty quick. E.g. That's how you got red-flagged as suspiciously metagaming.

So, just try to keep out of it guys, OK?

On-topic:

As a side note about maurice's question - maurice wanted to obtain an answer without actually pressuring you with a vote. And it worked.

So, next time someone asks you something, unless you're voted by that person and need to defend/change his mind, don't answer that easily :D

I'm not entirely altruistic here, but someone should warn you about this tactic.

@Maurice - no offence meant, it's just that no long ago we were newbies too, remember ;)

So, I cannot let anyone take advantage of them with that tactic. More than once :P

Edited by araver

ooops sorry about that i think i may actualy change my vote to this:

Sage Joch: LJ

1. Molly - Voting for Slick

2. maurice - Voting for woon

3. Framm - Voting for Maurice

4. Segul- voting for firno

5. araver - Voting for Slick

6. Hirkala-zombified

7. onetruth - Voting for Maurice

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

12. firno - Voting for slick

On-topic:

As a side note about maurice's question - maurice wanted to obtain an answer without actually pressuring you with a vote. And it worked.

So, next time someone asks you something, unless you're voted by that person and need to defend/change his mind, don't answer that easily :D

I'm not entirely altruistic here, but someone should warn you about this tactic.

@Maurice - no offence meant, it's just that no long ago we were newbies too, remember ;)

So, I cannot let anyone take advantage of them with that tactic. More than once :P

So we're not newbies anymore, cool...

@Segul understand that I wasn't trying to take advantage of you. If we are on the same side, then giving me a reason to vote for firno is advantageous to us both. If you don't have a reason to vote for firno, then its advantageous to us both that neither of us do, as you may be voting a fellow goodie, make sense?

@araver you give me too much credit. Sometimes probing for information is just that, probing for information. From my brief experience it seems that activity always helps the uninformed, which is the real reason I favor voting off inactives.

btw I would have asked you the same question if you voted with that kind of reason ... but I guess the point is a newbie gives those reasons...meh

@Maurice - Yeah, I think we're slowly starting to *not be* newbies. *shrug* Maybe I'm too excited about the other recent Mafia and our future co-hosting.

I wasn't raising a point against you regarding that probing/question. Just warning Segul and firno to not to out too much information when asked.

Activity is good. Sharing information is good. Outing too much information is not always good and should be chosen wisely.

@Araver: What's a RID? Do you have one?

We all got a RID: Role is hidden ID is public :P

Seriously, my first mafia I did not understand what RID stands for, there was no RID Kill role.

Some of the previous mafias I had been reading up to that point did mention it but I didn't bother to go into detail. So the first time I saw in someone in one of the Mafias I was reading making a passing reference to RID Kills and since the guide was not explicit on what a RID Kill is (or maybe I wasn't reading it right) I had to dig up/read several other instances of already-played Mafia-games in order to understand what it comes from.

I know, it looks silly, but there's actually small language barrier there.

BTW, @Segul and firno,

I have the ability to force players to reveal their roles publicly in the thread if I want, which I am now using on you both.

Please post your role IF you are a BG.

B))

@ araver...seriously? me?

:lol:

Edited by maurice

lol!

BTW, @Segul and firno,

I have the ability to force players to reveal their roles publicly in the thread if I want, which I am now using on you both.

Please post your role IF you are a BG.

B))

I do not see anything that allows you to do that in the rules and if you are in fact, as you earlier claimed ,in the scorpion army that narrows my check considerably, don't think because I answered maurice I am very trusting and/or stupid. In fact my post answering Maurice revealed nothing of game importance I do not think, Why did I answer Maurice, morality I suppose may have come into it, but I will not let morality cloud my judgement. Perhaps if you can get the host to corroborate your story about your power then maybe I will believe you until then, it is not nice to try and take advantage of me and firno because we are new. Although I hope I will always be able to see through attempts as transparent as that to get my role.

P.S. If this was genuine I am sorry and here is my role

I said I was not stupid

Edited by Segul

I do not see anything that allows you to do that in the rules and if you are in fact, as you earlier claimed ,in the scorpion army that narrows my check considerably, don't think because I answered maurice I am very trusting and/or stupid. In fact my post answering Maurice revealed nothing of game importance I do not think, Why did I answer Maurice, morality I suppose may have come into it, but I will not let morality cloud my judgement. Perhaps if you can get the host to corroborate your story about your power then maybe I will believe you until then, it is not nice to try and take advantage of me and firno because we are new. Although I hope I will always be able to see through attempts as transparent as that to get my role. :mellow:

yeh what segul said:)

In that case

4. Segul- voting for Molly mae

6. Hirkala-zombified

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

12. firno - Voting for Slick

In that case

6. Hirkala-zombified

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

fixing my color back...

But this is an interesting vote Segul...seems suspicious. Would you care to share with the rest of us why the target of a night kill should be lynched? I'm considering changing my vote to you, since woon isn't speaking,.

Well, I was going to say that your response might normally suggest that you are a BG, since I only asked for a response IF you were BG... and I got a response...

But now, in addition considering this...

In that case

Molly has been confirmed as a non-BG. You are now at the top of my list.

6. Hirkala-zombified

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb - voting for Segul

2. maurice - Voting for Segul

6. Hirkala-zombified

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

fixing my color again and hoping for an explanation.

5. araver

6. Hirkala-zombified

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

Removing my vote for now as there's enough pressure around. And plenty of time left.

LJ: Is tie on D1 random lynch or no lynch?

Other note, Framm needs a replacement. Those on MM already know, so it needs to be publicly announced too.

Well, I was going to say that your response might normally suggest that you are a BG, since I only asked for a response IF you were BG... and I got a response...

But now, in addition considering this...

Molly has been confirmed as a non-BG. You are now at the top of my list.

6. Hirkala-zombified

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

My vote for Molly Mae could have been a trick because I didn't thibk that one vote would make a difference

P.S. Voting for me suggests you are a bodyguard

Ok, well I'm not sure what's going on now... why no one has been participating in the game, WE NEED TO START STACKING VOTES AND MAKING THINGS HAPPEN!!! The alliance will not win if we do not do anything!! WE NEED TO PRESSURE PEOPLE!

So... I'm going to go ahead and point out that Segul is the most suspicious (citing my original reasoning).

Second to him, Araver is 2nd. For a few reasons, the most significant of which was when he removed his vote and claimed "Removing my vote for now as there's enough pressure around."

This is significant because his vote actually removed the pressure from the majority vote holder. He basically made it a point to try and halt pressure and stall discussion through that act. In addition:

LJ: Is tie on D1 random lynch or no lynch?

This would be VERY helpful to know before the end of the day!

It also goes to show that he is creating a tie vote for the purpose of either killing several people at once, or ending the day with no information being gained.

So yeah, Segul is #1, Araver is #2. Who's #3?

WE NEED VOTES!

Edited by Brandonb

Brandon, please chill. I read some if not all of your Mafias here on BD and I really don't like that kind of pretense mind-game. I mean maybe you're seeing new faces, but I don't see a new one when looking at you. Do you really wanna go back to never being trusted, ever again? :D

I removed my vote from Slick to disperse pressure (at least until I know the answer to the tie-lynch rule).

As I said in the question to LJ I think there are only 2 possibilities:

- no lynch (which seems good to me since no one who was voted for actually said something of value)

- random lynch (in which case I will break the tie with my current #1 suspicion of the three tied or leave it to chance as I'm not that paranoid to see any suspicious act/vote today).

All killed in a tie is not an option. That's not unheard of, but it's so exotic and since it's the least likely possibility its most logical that LJ would have put it in the rules, don't you think?

2 hours to go and a lot of inactivity. We need activity, not votes. We got enough of random/no-reason votes.

Edited by araver

5. araver

6. Hirkala-zombified

8. NickFleming

9. woon - voting for Segul

10. slick