BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

"Using the power of Mana, a civilization had grown strong...

In time, Mana was used to create the ultimate weapon: the Mana Fortress...

This angered the gods. They sent their beasts to destroy the Fortress...

A violent war rocked the world, and Mana seemed to disappear...

Before all was lost, a hero with the Mana Sword smashed the Fortress...

Though the civilization had been destroyed, the world was peaceful again...

But time flows like a river...and history repeats..."

The capital of the Empire was Northtown, and so was the Resistance's base. The Resistance knew how to keep security tight...yet there was a back door in Southtown. Three figures made their way through this secret way, being given the password by Mara, a Resistance agent.

They were now surrounded by soldiers, and the leader was there.

"Here they are Krissie." said a soldier.

"Who're you? Imperial spies?"

The foremost of the three spoke up. "Hasn't Jema been here?"

"You know Jema? So you're the ones he's been talking about. Welcome to the Resistance!"

"My name's Randi." The boy replied.

A girl behind him spoke to Krissie. "You're the leader? A girl?"

The third newcomer, a sprite child of the Upperlands, broke in. "Jealous, Purim?"

"Knock it off Popoie. We need to hurry up and find Dyluck."

"Wait," said Krissie. "You know Dyluck?"

"Why?"

"He's been draining energy from people who go to the ruins in the east."

"That was happening in Pandora! Why would he...?"

"We'll check into it. Sounds like Thanatos' doing..."

>>>>>>>>>>

Jema stood guard at the entrance to Tasnica, pondering the events of the day. Something was different about the king. Some questions are going to be asked soon, but he was almost afraid of the answers they would bring.

>>>>>>>>>>

"Sheex has infiltrated Tasnica."

"Yes, Thanatos."

"...the Mana Knight is growing into an obstacle."

"Yes."

"Let us be rid of him. He is here in Northtown. He does not leave alive."

"Yes, sir." Thanatos' general turned to leave.

"Geshtar."

"Yes?"

"Do not fail me this time."

"I'm intent on revenge. He will slip past me no more."

>>>>>>>>>>

"Hey boss! What next?"

The Scorpion Army Boss looked at her two soldiers. "What next? We're going to take Kilroy and defeat the Emperor! Nothing can stop us when we get rid of him!"

>>>>>>>>>>

Northtown was filled with Resistance soldiers, Imperial spies, Mana heroes, dark villains. Thanatos smiled grimly from his spot by Emperor Vandole. Dyluck stood next to them, oblivious, fully in Thanatos' power.

It was only a matter of time

Heroes (WINCON: Eliminate the Bodyguard)

1. Randi: (Mana Knight) 1 RID kill per night

2. Purim: (Mana Pandoran) Uses mana to balloon target (block)

3. Popoie: (Mana Sprite) Uses mana to silence target (redirect)

4. Krissie: (Resistance Leader) 1 save per night

5. Jema: (Tasnican Knight) RID remedy for zombies; Randi's mentor (BTSC)

6. Mara: (Resistance Agent) Has 1 spy per night

Bodyguard (WINCON: Majority) Has NK and BTSC

1. Thanatos: (Dark Lich) Target becomes zombie until remedy from Jema (target can't act or post)

2. Geshtar: (Mech Rider) Second chance at Mana group (vote can x2)

3. Sheex: (Dark Stalker) Usurper of Tasnican throne (role steal/night) If lynched, night's stolen role will be shown

Scorpion Army (WINCON: Outlive Mana and Bodyguard)

1. Scorpion Army Boss: (DEPLOY KILROY!) Has RID kill/night. Can only be killed by RID. If targeted for NK or lynch, Army boy will die in her stead unless they're both dead.

2. Scorpion Army Boy #1: (Decoy) Has Popoie's ability on even nights and Krissie's on odd

3. Scorpion Army Boy #2: (Another decoy) Has Krissie's ability on even nights and Popoie's on odd

Sage Joch: LJ

1. Molly

2. maurice

3. Framm

4. Segul

5. araver

6. Hirkala

7. onetruth

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

12.firno

Backup:

1. Slick

No actions or votes will be accepted past 9:00 PM...uh...EST

Questions and suggestions for host in blue

Let the night begin. Send in your actions!

• Answers 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Night 1: Troubles Begin

The Bodyguard stalked the streets under the moon looking for their first victim. Geshtar saw Molly walking through a dark alley, lost after leaving the Pub's nightly party. He revved

up his mech cycle, ready to mow down his target. At the last moment, a Scorpion Army Boy grabbed and drug Molly out of the way. Geshtar knew he was found out, and raced back to the castle.

Thanatos went about his own dark way. The first unlucky person to cross his path was Hirkala.

"You!"

Hirkala turned, startled.

"You will have to do. Follow me."

Hirkala obeyed, already loosing sense of reality. Thanatos led him to the castle.

Sheex was doing his job, stalking dark alleys. He saw araver far off and followed him, mimicking his every move. "Interesting. And useful."

The Dark Stalker returned to the Emperor's castle.

>>>>>>>>>>

The Resistance was also working late. Mara waited for any sign of life during midnight in Northtown. She watched Brandonb as he crossed the town square until she could recognize his face under the lamppost. She then returned to the base.

Krissie searched all over town, looking for Segul. He was a new face in town, and she wanted to make sure he wasn't in trouble. A few words with the townspeople and she learned he was sleeping in the inn. Safe and sound.

>>>>>>>>>>

The next morning in the town square everyone was there, but Molly was still a bit shaken up...and Hirk was always spacing out...

1. Molly

2. maurice

3. Framm

4. Segul

5. araver

6. Hirkala -- Zombified

7. onetruth

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

12. firno

Day 1 ends 12/14 at 9:00 PM EST.

edit: wow, late post. sorry everyone.

Edited by LJayden

Here's the post I've been waiting to submit all night, and now that my questions have finally been answered and my strategy ruined...

I'm glad to finally be back in a game of mafia! However, I am not very happy with my role.

As such, and because I cannot see a reasonable chance of my faction winning otherwise, I am going to go ahead and come out and and let everyone know that I am a member of the Scorpion Army. I am saying this now, and early enough, because I think there's a chance that I will either get killed or zombified if I wait until the night post [though this obviously did not happen. I guess not being able to make this post on time worked out for the best].

I urge the other Army members not to out themselves right now.

I just wanted to let the heroes know that I think it is in our best interest to work with you considering our wincons can occur concurrently. You all just have to outlive the BGs, and we have to outlive the BGs... and Mana.

Anyways, I'm obviously not going to tell you which member, because I don't want to be hit by Randi's RID. Plus I don't see much threat from BG's kill right now considering the spy should be their #1 target (plus, killing me really won't make a difference considering, if I'm a boy, then I'm interchangeable, and if I'm the Boss, then I'm invincible). [Though I guess now that I'm forced to make this post late, after I've been spied, there is at least 1 person that knows my specific ID... maybe two :rolleyes: ]

So take this as you wish. The BGs should be the #1 priority for the Heroes right now, and the Heroes should be BGs #1 priority. So I want to come out and propose an alliance between the Army and the Heroes.

Also for what it's worth, it should be known and made clear to everyone that Sheex not only copies the ID of his target, but he also gets to know that ID. So araver has been spied by the baddies.

1. Molly - Voting for Onetruth

2. maurice

3. Framm - Voting for Maurice

4. Segul

5. araver

6. Hirkala -- Zombified

7. onetruth

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

12. firno

Okay, OT. You're #1 on my list. Did you try to kill me? Or was it Framm....or Hirkala...or Araver...or...Maurice....

Who tried to kill me!?

Off-topic: First Bb, a very classy move. Kudos to you :thumbsup: It makes this game much more enjoyable. I also dreamt of doing that in a Mafia as a Indy, just never gotten around for that to happen.

Also for what it's worth, it should be known and made clear to everyone that Sheex not only copies the ID of his target, but he also gets to know that ID. So araver has been spied by the baddies.

I was thinking the same. And it sucks. For both teams of your proposed alliance.

Not enough for a vote now as I'm engaged in another heated voting. Will return in approx 3 hours to put a vote.

1. Molly

2. maurice

4. Segul

5. araver

6. Hirkala -- Zombified

7. onetruth

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

12. firno

As promised, a belated welcome to mafia gift. :D

This is a random vote to get the talking started.

:rolleyes:. Thanks, now unless you're BG and I have reason to think not, I'll say that we should work together.

I do wonder about Bb's claim. I agree with araver that it is a noble gesture. But how do we know for sure. He asked the other Army guys to not speak up. Wouldn't it be easy to claim a role where there are two (or three) others and neither can work to sort it out? Not accusing mind you, just think it curious.

Night 1: Troubles Begin

Sheex was doing his job, stalking dark alleys. He saw Framm far off and followed him, mimicking his every move. "Interesting. And useful."

The Dark Stalker returned to the Emperor's castle.

:duh: My roster had a goof...time to make a more efficient way of keeping track of you guys :blush:

I'll do better next time!

Random vote at the moment. At least until I get some answers.

1. Molly - Voting for Onetruth

2. maurice

4. Segul

5. araver - Voting for Slick

6. Hirkala -- Zombified

7. onetruth

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

12. firno

Recap on Night 1 events:

- Geshtar targeted Molly for the kill.

- Molly was saved by Army Boy #1 (having Krissie’s ability the other one being a redirect on odd nights could not have saved Molly. And from the Signup thread responses from LJ we know that only save stops the night-kill).

- Sheex copied Framm’s abilility (which means Sheex can use it tonight/today, right?)

- Thanatos zombyfied Hirkala.

- Mara spied Brandonb.

- Krissie tried to save/saved Segul (not sure if save would have been mentioned if it weren’t neccesary/successful).

Things missing from the night-post:

- no successful redirects (Popoie/Army Boy #2)

- no successful blocks (Purim)

Guess these are from inactiveness/no action sent and possibly zombifying.

Nothing so far clearly indicates something for certain.

So, I have 4 questions for the host hoping some answers might point me in a better-than-random direction.

1. Can you make sense of this statement: “Geshtar knew he was found out, and raced back to the castle.” Because if target is saved, nothing points back at the one who attempted it. Especially if the name in the night-post is just a feature (as suggested in the Signups thread). So why use “found out” in the post? Was there a hint or can we ignore that part of the sentence?

2. In this description “Geshtar: (Mech Rider) Second chance at Mana group (vote can x2)” the ability is that "his vote always counts x2 " or "his vote can count x0/x1/x2" or a classical manipulator "can make any vote count x0/x1/x2"?

3. Do saves always appear in the night-post or only when successful (i.e. the same rule as blocks and redirects appearing in the night-post)?

4. Thanatos can zombify himself? (I admit it's a stretch since this is not a normal trap a Night/Day cycle role, but I wanna know if it's possible)

1. Molly - Voting for Slick

2. maurice

4. Segul

6. Hirkala -- Zombified

7. onetruth

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

12. firno

Changing my vote for pressure. Because nothing is happening and we need some talky-talks.

2. maurice - Voting for woon

4. Segul

6. Hirkala -- Zombified

7. onetruth

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

12. firno

*wondering if maybe araver was intended target and got redirected to Framm? Anyone agree?

random vote so as to not focus on the one person too early...though was tempted to pass Framm's gift on...

4. Segul

6. Hirkala -- Zombified

7. onetruth - Voting for Maurice

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

12. firno

Maurice, let's keep you talking, since you do that so well. :P

I don't know who to vote for. I have little to no information.

Not permanent but here's my initial vote

4. Segul- voting for firno

6. Hirkala-zombified

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

12. firno

By the way firno I do have a reason, not just 'cos I know you.

@ Framm and OT, I don't want to give away too much about my role...its not the most important but can be as I'm given the chance to gather more information. I can also be probably more helpful to goodies than my role, so I'd suggest that a vote for me may be a baddie vote not wanting me to, as you say OT "talk"... :blush:

Still would like to hear from woon, but considering using pressure and changing my vote if needed...

{edit - Segul's vote seems suspicious. Segul are you willing to hint at why you're voting for firno?}

Edited by maurice

6. Hirkala-zombified

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

12. firno - voting for segul

revenge is sweet

6. Hirkala-zombified

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

12. firno - Voting for Segul

fixing colors

6. Hirkala-zombified

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

12. firno - Voting for Segul

fixing colours

ta:)

Firno, are you just voting for me to get revenge or do you have a reason? and in response to Maurices question, I admit that my vote was partly born of, I suppose, illegal BTSC, but we were very cautious and anything that would directly affect the game was covered by a series of lies and mind games, so largely we know no more than if we had not spoken at all, however when we were discussing rules, how to play and details of this Mafia he said some mildly suggestive things. Also I wanted to test if firno had reason to kill me. Please we are new, my vote was not entirely based on this and I (and him probably) are very sorry. Please do not ban, boot or punish us it won't happen again and I am very sorry.

Am I forgiven?

Please this is my first Mafia and I really enjoy it, also we did very little really since we have been on guard almost the whole time I know only a vague possibility that I have solid information.

Edited by Segul

Firno, are you just voting for me to get revenge or do you have a reason? and in response to Maurices question, I admit that my vote was partly born of, I suppose, illegal BTSC, but we were very cautious and anything that would directly affect the game was covered by a series of lies and mind games, so largely we know no more than if we had not spoken at all, however when we were discussing rules, how to play and details of this Mafia he said some mildly suggestive things. Also I wanted to test if firno had reason to kill me. Please we are new, my vote was not entirely based on this and I (and him probably) are very sorry. Please do not ban, boot or punish us it won't happen again and I am very sorry.

Am I forgiven?

Please this is my first Mafia and I really enjoy it, also we did very little really since we have been on guard almost the whole time I know only a vague possibility that I have solid information.

@Segul I was merely asking if you had a reason, not suggesting anything was afoul. I certainly do not have the power to boot, ban or punish you, nor is it my desire to. I'm hoping though that your , as you yourself described it, "iilegal BTSC" took place prior to the game starting , ie before roles were handed out.

Now, I sort of fibbed when I said I can not punish you. In general, recipricated votes and metagaming may get you lynched. I do not wish to tell you how to vote. In fact, I was hoping that you gave me reason to vote for firno so that maybe I would to. But I might suggest you vote for someone for cause.

@ firno that goes for you too. Again just a recommendation. And maybe for the two of you, some friendly guidance

Edited by maurice