BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Secret of Mana Mafia

Oh yeah, I forgot about that guy...real jerk. Well if you do well enough in this Mafia game and stick around some, maybe you can replace him in our minds as the true Bb...

Hey! I just noticed your avatar, that's pretty neat. Would you mind if I mimic it on another website I know of?

Lol thanks... and might I say, what an incredibly strange and random thing to request

The only thing that I can think of that would be stranger is if the entire website decided to mimic it... :rolleyes:

Hey, mind checking to see if one of those people would be willing to fill the last spot on the roster here? ^_^

i want to play but i never have before. this one seems confusing but ill still try if u still need one more.

Dup, have you read the Newbie guide? If not please do so.

Do not be overwhelmed by character descriptions. I know very little of SoM, but that will not sway me from playing. What you need to focus on is the roles. At least that's how I approach it.

Now for the complexity of the game I can't really speak to much towards it. This is only my third game on here (and I was killed N1 in my second), but maybe someone else can chime in. If you do not join up I suggest you follow along once it gets going. And if you think you may want to play future games or do sign up for this one, go back and read a few older Mafias. Again, focus on the roles.

Lastly, welcome to the Den and tread lightly when you see the hammer around.

Edited by maurice

@ LJ/Host

Questions

1) What's the order of sacrifice between the Army boys? Do they go in order? Or random? Or one on an even day and one on an odd day?

Random. I flip a coin.

2) Does the army have BTSC? And if not, do they know each other's IDs?

No BTSC, but the Boss knows who her allies are. The Boys don't.

3) When does Thanatos get to use his ability?

It is a night act.

4) When does Jema get to use his ability? When does it go into effect?

Day act. Target won't be able to vote for that day, but will be free by night.

5) What's a killroy? How does the army kill?

Kilroy is an annoying boss in the game. The Army has no kill

6) Do the Bodyguards have to choose who makes the kill each night? Can the kill be redirected or blocked?

It is a group nightkill, but they can choose who will be featured for the kill in the post. Only Krissie's save can stop the NK. -- Zombify>Save>Kill>Redirect>Block>Spy

7) Does the army boy only die in the place of the Army boss during the lynch? Or also at night?

Both night and day.

8) What happens if Randi dies? Does the Army automatically win/lose (because there is no RID kill remaining to take out the Army Boss?)

If both the army boys are dead, the Boss can be killed by NK or lynch. There will be no more decoys to protect her.

9) Have you considered the point that if the BGs lose, then the Army automatically loses too? It seems a little strange that the Army has to try to preserve the BGs until all of the Heroes die off... Doesn't seem like it's really possible for the Army to achieve a wincon like that (i.e. the Heroes win as soon as the BGs die, and the Army wins if they have to be the last standing, so if the BGs lose, the Army automatically loses too).

I see your point...I could revise the indy wincon...

10) Does Thanatos' ability work to block on the same night that it is used? Or does it go into effect the following day?

Zombify>Save>Kill>Redirect>Block>Spy

11) What if Thanatos chooses Jema? Is Jema immune? Or does Jema permanently lose the ability to act/save himself?

I will give Jema two roles, and he will choose one to do the RID on. If he is correct, he will be free by the next night.

12) Are people informed that they are redirected? Is it put in the night post?

The redirect is put in the night post.

13) What happens if mara is redirected? Does Mara get to know who her spy target was redirected to?

Mara will learn the role the spy was redirected to.

14) Are blocks mentioned in the night post?

Yes.

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks!

Thanks Bb for helping iron this out. I will post an updated role roster soon.

Heroes (WINCON: Eliminate the Bodyguard)

1. Randi: (Mana Knight) 1 RID kill per night

2. Purim: (Mana Pandoran) Uses mana to balloon target (block)

3. Popoie: (Mana Sprite) Uses mana to silence target (redirect)

4. Krissie: (Resistance Leader) 1 save per night

5. Jema: (Tasnican Knight) Day RID remedy for zombies; Randi's mentor (BTSC)

6. Mara: (Resistance Agent) Has 1 spy per night

Bodyguard (WINCON: Outnumber Heroes) Has NK and BTSC

1. Thanatos: (Dark Lich) Night target becomes zombie until remedy from Jema (target can't act or post)

2. Geshtar: (Mech Rider) Second chance at Mana group (vote can x2)

3. Sheex: (Dark Stalker) Usurper of Tasnican throne (role steal) If lynched, night's stolen role will be shown

Scorpion Army (WINCON: Outlive Mana group and Bodyguard)

1. Scorpion Army Boss: Can only be killed by RID. If targeted for NK or lynch, Army boy will die in her stead unless they're both dead.

2. Scorpion Army Boy #1: (Decoy) Has Purim's ability on even nights and Popoie's on odd

3. Scorpion Army Boy #2; (Decoy) Has Popoie's ability on even nights and Purim's on odd

Sage Joch: LJ

1. Molly

2. maurice

3. Framm

4. Segul

5. araver

6. Hirkala

7. onetruth

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

Backup:

1. Slick

Questions and suggestions for host in blue

Hope this helps...

edit: colour goof :huh:

Edited by LJayden

Heroes (WINCON: Eliminate the Bodyguard)

1. Randi: (Mana Knight) 1 RID kill per night

2. Purim: (Mana Pandoran) Uses mana to balloon target (block)

3. Popoie: (Mana Sprite) Uses mana to silence target (redirect)

4. Krissie: (Resistance Leader) 1 save per night

5. Jema: (Tasnican Knight) Day RID remedy for zombies; Randi's mentor (BTSC)

6. Mara: (Resistance Agent) Has 1 spy per night

Bodyguard (WINCON: Outnumber Heroes) Has NK and BTSC

1. Thanatos: (Dark Lich) Night target becomes zombie until remedy from Jema (target can't act or post)

2. Geshtar: (Mech Rider) Second chance at Mana group (vote can x2)

3. Sheex: (Dark Stalker) Usurper of Tasnican throne (role steal) If lynched, night's stolen role will be shown

Scorpion Army (WINCON: Outlive Mana group and Bodyguard)

1. Scorpion Army Boss: Can only be killed by RID. If targeted for NK or lynch, Army boy will die in her stead unless they're both dead.

2. Scorpion Army Boy #1: (Decoy) Has Purim's ability on even nights and Popoie's on odd

3. Scorpion Army Boy #2; (Decoy) Has Popoie's ability on even nights and Purim's on odd

1. Molly

2. maurice

3. Framm

4. Segul

5. araver

6. Hirkala

7. onetruth

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

12.firno

Backup:

1. Slick

Questions and suggestions for host in blue

Hope this helps...

edit: colour goof :huh:

Sorry, I have a few more Qs.

Then this still brings up the question... how does the Army win if they are supposed to outlive the Mana AND the BGs? It just kinda flipped the situation where now the Army must work to protect the Heroes until the BGs are all dead. i.e. if the Mana all die, then only the BGs can kill and there's really very little chance in the Heroes winning, and if the Heroes lose, the Army automatically loses... I dunno, I guess it's possible, but only when considering the redirect.

That's concerning, considering there's a decent chance that it will out the person that was redirected.

Yes.

Same issue as #12

So do we have all our members now, if so when will this Mafia begin

once we have everything sorted out. trying to get this game to run as smooth as possible. thanks for the recruit!

Sorry, I have a few more Qs.

Then this still brings up the question... how does the Army win if they are supposed to outlive the Mana AND the BGs? It just kinda flipped the situation where now the Army must work to protect the Heroes until the BGs are all dead. i.e. if the Mana all die, then only the BGs can kill and there's really very little chance in the Heroes winning, and if the Heroes lose, the Army automatically loses... I dunno, I guess it's possible, but only when considering the redirect.

I see your point. Seeing the boss has no action, I'll give her a RID kill

That's concerning, considering there's a decent chance that it will out the person that was redirected.

Only the person redirected to will be mentioned

Yes.

Same issue as #12

I tell who was blocked

Thanks again Bb.

If this is all good I can post it up within the day. Watch out for any last minute role changes.

I just got my role, should I post stuff like this on the main thread

It's not necessary. On the main thread you mainly cast your vote for the lynch or join in on the discussion

edit: what Molly said.

Edited by LJayden

1. Molly

2. maurice

3. Framm

4. Segul

5. araver

6. Hirkala

Backups:

1. NickFleming

Don't let NF mentor you!!! It will result in horribleness and suicide (in Mafia, of course)!!! LOL

:dry:

• 4 weeks later...