BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

5 answers to this question

I'm not sure if this makes sense but this is the best I can do right now. I'm glad this wasn't on the COGAT test.

1. B There are 2 shapes in each box. I'll call them outside and center. Outside for the first box becomes center for the next box. So, outside for the first one is a hexagon. The second has a hexagon for the center. The outside for the same box is a square, which becomes the center for the next one. The center alternates between black and white.

2. C Same as 1 without the color change.

3. B This one involves inverting the colors. These are matched as follows: 1&4, 2&5, 3&? Since the third one is black outer circle with a white square center, the next image will have a white outer circle with a black square center.

4. D This is similar to 1 and 2 except now there are three shapes. I will call these outside, middle, and center. The outside for one box becomes the middle for the next box. The outside is always the same as the center.

5. D The outside for one box is the middle for the next box.

6. C Similar to 5. In this one the middle is also the center for the next one.

Still working on 7 and 8.

Edited by Thalia

7. E The outside for one box is the inside for two boxes over.

8. A It might help to copy this one into Paint and draw a plus sign on each one. Then, split them into triangles. Here goes nothing. . . In each box, half of the image changes. In the first box, the top half changes to give the second image. The other half stays the same. The right half of the second image changes to give the third image. The bottom half of the third image changes to give the fourth image. The left half of the fourth image changes to give the fifth image. The top half of the fifth image changes to give you the next image. In each change, the triangles will rotate in some seemingly random direction except for the change in the bottom. That one just inverts the colors. Given this, A, D, and E are the only ones that keep the bottom half the same. A is the only one that meets the rotation requirement.

Edited by Thalia