BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

wolfgang

Question

I am sorry about my english,I hope you understand me ....

A king wanted to get rid of one of his opponents who was a chemist.

²well, I`m gonna give you last chance²,said the king ²I promise to release you, if you can bring me a liquid solution that can penetrate everything coming into contact with it ,you have one week to prepare it !².

After one week,the chemist came in holding a flask containing a red solution, giving bubbles and red fumes!

He poured a drop of it on a table, the table was immediatly penetrated,and the solution penetrates the ground also!

The solution was able to penetrate everything there!.

The king said: you have failed the test! and I have to kill you!

WHY???

16 answers to this question

The liquid didn't penetrate the container it was in.

I am sorry about my english,I hope you understand me ....

A king wanted to get rid of one of his opponents who was a chemist.

²well, I`m gonna give you last chance²,said the king ²I promise to release you, if you can bring me a liquid solution that can penetrate everything coming into contact with it ,you have one week to prepare it !².

After one week,the chemist came in holding a flask containing a red solution, giving bubbles and red fumes!

He poured a drop of it on a table, the table was immediatly penetrated,and the solution penetrates the ground also!

The solution was able to penetrate everything there!.

The king said: you have failed the test! and I have to kill you!

WHY???

or maybe the liquid needed some substance to cause a reaction which makes it unstoppable.

that the liquid could not penetrate it self, otherwise it will be all gone as soon as its "activated"

Dear friends....I know the answer is very easy....

but I want you to help him in a way to be saved...how??

I like your contributions to this board. Please don't worry about your english and continue to be a member of this board.

As to how the chemist can escape death

1) Perhaps the liquid solution is capable of dissolving everything, but not necessarily at the same rate. The container may be constructed of a material that dissolves slowly when it comes into contact with the solution, slow enough that it could hold the solution for purposes of demonstration.

2) Explain to the king that the flask was specially designed. It repels everything so that nothing can actually *comes into contact* with it. It is still able to hold the solution inside, but there is actually a thin layer of vacumn between the flask and the solution.

3) Perhaps the flask is the solid form of the liquid solution.

I like your contributions to this board. Please don't worry about your english and continue to be a member of this board.

As to how the chemist can escape death

1) Perhaps the liquid solution is capable of dissolving everything, but not necessarily at the same rate. The container may be constructed of a material that dissolves slowly when it comes into contact with the solution, slow enough that it could hold the solution for purposes of demonstration.

2) Explain to the king that the flask was specially designed. It repels everything so that nothing can actually *comes into contact* with it. It is still able to hold the solution inside, but there is actually a thin layer of vacumn between the flask and the solution.

3) Perhaps the flask is the solid form of the liquid solution.

Thanks...dear Bushindo !

I was to leave this board forever..but I like to stay with the good people who forgive me about my English.

Try another possibilities in this case...thank you again :rolleyes:

Simply tell the king that such a liquid can't be prepared,coz it'd penetrate everything in contact. You can't put it ANYWHERE. Even if it was possible to to prepare such a liquid,it'd penetrate the flask,the table,and even the ground right after it's preparation. Or tell the king to be present in his laboratory to witness the liquid for only a few seconds after it's preparation.

The king is right the first solution is a failure

The chemist need to prepare two flasks each with half the ingredients for the correct solution. When he combines the ingredients before the king by pouring both flasks onto the table it then eats through the table and floor

Claim that the solution is only prepared when it strikes wood

Edited by phaze

The king is right the first solution is a failure

The chemist need to prepare two flasks each with half the ingredients for the correct solution. When he combines the ingredients before the king by pouring both flasks onto the table it then eats through the table and floor

Claim that the solution is only prepared when it strikes wood

Great !!! the wrong answer is correct... :thumbsup: