BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

wolfgang

Question

A king has a beautiful daughter,one day she became very ill, nobody could help her (so the story),and the king swared to marry her anyone who can cured her( if he want to).

In another country , thousand miles away, lived three brothers, each one has something ( magical!!),

the first one has magical carpet to fly anywhere with high speed !

the second one has a magical mirror to see any place on earth!

and the third one has a magical herb,with which he can cure any illness!!

one day,the brother with mirror saw the girl,she was nearly to die...

he told his two bothers and expressed sympathy to save the girl , the second one said ,,we must hurry...I`ll take you to her on my flying carpet.

as they reached,,the third brother gave her his magical herb,and she bacame healthy.

now...each brother played an important role in saving king`s daughter.

which brother deserve her more? why?

Relax...and enjoy...

Edited by wolfgang

not the one who found her, neither the one who reached her, but the one who cured her with the herb

the king swared to marry her anyone who can cured* her

edit:*did you mean "cure"

Edited by kristmark1

i have read a similiar stroy somewhere in childhood...the one who cured her ..means giving rebirth kind of thing to the princess..has displayed the fatherly characteristic...so he can not marry her..the one who used his flying carpet has displayed brotherly chareteristics so he can not marry her too..but the one who saw her in the mirror and asked others for help has done what a lover should have done..so he qualifies for marriage..

the one who gave her the herb. he was the only one who gave his up and could not use it again. the one with the mirror could use it as many times as he wished. same with the flying carpet, he could fly it as many times as he liked. the one with the herb could use his only once and decided to give it to the princess.

i think i saw something like this somewhere else

The king said, that the one who CAN cured her, he could marry her. since no other brother didnt have the ability to cure the girl, the third brother can have her (if he wanted). Others may whine if they want, but those are the rules king said. The king didnt say that the one, who gets to the daughter fast enough, gets her. Also the king didnt say, that the perverts who spy on their daughter throug some wierd mirror can marry her.

Simply, the one who had the magic herb can have the girl.

the one with the mirror will be questioned after : "Why the f you look my daughter through our device??? HANG HIM!"

and the carpet-brother may have some kind of pay for his taxiride.

I hate to be a curmudgeon, but I would like to make a request to those who do not speak English as their native language: Could you please have someone who is fluent proof-read your puzzle before posting? In this case, because it is a logic puzzle, the wording is very important. But because the language is so non-idomatic (or just plain wrong) the reader must intuit the intent of the poster to make an intelligent reply. So, rewording the opening to read: "A king had a beautiful daughter. One day she became very ill and it seemed that nothing could be done to save her. In desperation, the king swore that any man who could cure her could marry her."

If that, indeed, was the intent, then the answer is the third brother, with the herb. He might not have cured her without his brothers' aid, but only he was able to cure her.

Mirror Boy, if it were not for him this problem would not have come into existence. Also he initiated action. (But if speaking technically (etymology) though worded loosely would be the only one able to cure her) I still vote Brother Mirror.

Edited by Polyna

i have read a similiar stroy somewhere in childhood...the one who cured her ..means giving rebirth kind of thing to the princess..has displayed the fatherly characteristic...so he can not marry her..the one who used his flying carpet has displayed brotherly chareteristics so he can not marry her too..but the one who saw her in the mirror and asked others for help has done what a lover should have done..so he qualifies for marriage..

To sak_lko: That is awesome! Clever way of thinking about it.

The king said, that the one who CAN cured her, he could marry her. since no other brother didnt have the ability to cure the girl, the third brother can have her (if he wanted). Others may whine if they want, but those are the rules king said. The king didnt say that the one, who gets to the daughter fast enough, gets her. Also the king didnt say, that the perverts who spy on their daughter throug some wierd mirror can marry her.

Simply, the one who had the magic herb can have the girl.

the one with the mirror will be questioned after : "Why the f you look my daughter through our device??? HANG HIM!"

and the carpet-brother may have some kind of pay for his taxiride.

To Aroooz: Haha! Nice = D Clever job

the one with the mirror cause he saw her first

To wireman: lol, calling on the "Bro Code"!

Since all three members were equally key parts of saving the girl, all three are entitled to marriage. If multiple brothers choose to wed her, they could either:

a) Play "rock, paper, scissors";

b) Dual to the death; or

c) Engage in a very promiscuous and polygamous love circle.

I'm all for a) or c) :P

If they all seem to be equally part of the solution, then they should let the princess choose. And if I were the princess, I wouldn't choose a guy with a magic mirror who can see me all the time and since I already took the herb then I have it's magic in my blood. So I will definitely choose the one with the flying carpet so we can fly together and sing that lovely Aladdin song. Sex in the clouds, that's something to die for. ;)

To sak_lko: That is awesome! Clever way of thinking about it.

To Aroooz: Haha! Nice = D Clever job

To wireman: lol, calling on the "Bro Code"!

Since all three members were equally key parts of saving the girl, all three are entitled to marriage. If multiple brothers choose to wed her, they could either:

a) Play "rock, paper, scissors";

b) Dual to the death; or

c) Engage in a very promiscuous and polygamous love circle.

I'm all for a) or c) :P

:D

the one who gave her the herb. he was the only one who gave his up and could not use it again. the one with the mirror could use it as many times as he wished. same with the flying carpet, he could fly it as many times as he liked. the one with the herb could use his only once and decided to give it to the princess.

i think i saw something like this somewhere else

:thumbsup:

I hate to be a curmudgeon, but I would like to make a request to those who do not speak English as their native language: Could you please have someone who is fluent proof-read your puzzle before posting? In this case, because it is a logic puzzle, the wording is very important. But because the language is so non-idomatic (or just plain wrong) the reader must intuit the intent of the poster to make an intelligent reply. So, rewording the opening to read: "A king had a beautiful daughter. One day she became very ill and it seemed that nothing could be done to save her. In desperation, the king swore that any man who could cure her could marry her."

If that, indeed, was the intent, then the answer is the third brother, with the herb. He might not have cured her without his brothers' aid, but only he was able to cure her.

thank you....and I`ll never write again. :(