I'll stand up strong,

Release the throng--

What's blue I do command.

After a few rough edits...

• Answers 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

maybe it's just pirates in general? or ship captains?

Or wait, could it be Captain Hook?

by chance that I got it right (doubtful), my official answer is Captain Hook!

Leaving the other answers in there in case they're right, or close to it :blush:

maybe it's just pirates in general? or ship captains?

Or wait, could it be Captain Hook?

by chance that I got it right (doubtful), my official answer is Captain Hook!

Leaving the other answers in there in case they're right, or close to it :blush:

Some good answers, but no. You've followed the right path, though.

I don't really like hints, but...

He doesn't soar with eagles any longer...

Some good answers, but no. You've followed the right path, though.

I don't really like hints, but...

He doesn't soar with eagles any longer...

Captain Jack Sparrow? don't know how much sense that makes but...

i thought it was a .45 that did him in, but it was a .44

also thought release the throng had seomething to do with freeing the slaves and controls all that is blue meant the Union leader...oh well

I signed up today and like your ridde. I only saw the rest of the stanzas after I have adding a reply. I don't have the answer yet, but here goes...

This was probably a famous sports personallity in a team called "eagles" (sorry I am not American so will have to do my homework.)

There are 8 people in total in a team or group and was one of 6 family members. He died at the age of 45 undefeated. He excited the "throng". He was probaly a boxer who gave many a man a blue eye and their lives were in his hands (boxing gloves). He died a broken man but his name is among the stars or even in Hollywood on the pavement. Am I on the right track or way off?

Rocky Marciano died at age 45 in an airplane (eagles sore). He is the sixth greatest heavyweight champion ever. And he came from a family of six (had trhee sisters). From wikipedia: Ring Magazine numbered Marciano at #12 on the list of the 80 Best Fighters of the Last 80 Years. He was undefeated and died a star. Patched eye men (men he gave blue eyes) came round after being knocked to the floor. Their lives were in his hands (boxing gloves). I excited thr "throng" (spectators). And his name means: 'From the god Mars'

Zues

No.

Is it the water cycle? from ocean to rain.... well we all know the water cycle so im not gona go through it all.

Not it, slyde. Sorry.

Rocky Marciano died at age 45 in an airplane (eagles sore). He is the sixth greatest heavyweight champion ever. And he came from a family of six (had trhee sisters). From wikipedia: Ring Magazine numbered Marciano at #12 on the list of the 80 Best Fighters of the Last 80 Years. He was undefeated and died a star. Patched eye men (men he gave blue eyes) came round after being knocked to the floor. Their lives were in his hands (boxing gloves). I excited thr "throng" (spectators). And his name means: 'From the god Mars'

This is interesting. I just Wiki'd Rocky Marciano and he fits almost exactly. I couldn't fit him into the first two lines or the last line. This is a very clever observation, but not what I had in mind.

I'm not looking for a specific person.