From a long lost friend I've pirated the lot

So now for top marks, this you must spot

FWIW/shameless plug - here are some links to similar ones from before:

• Answers 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The X-men.

I'm not very much into X-men, so I just wiki'd and tried to put them together. Here's what I got.

Gale--Storm

Sights--Mirage

Witch--Warlock or Magik

Jean--Jean Gray (Not to mention the X-Gene)

Gilt--Elixer

Boulder--Onyx, Juggernaut, or Rockslide.

Knead/Need--??

Write--Beast (a bit of a stretch)

Of course, you could be referring to a former lover...

*Shrug*

The X-men.

I'm not very much into X-men, so I just wiki'd and tried to put them together. Here's what I got.

Gale--Storm

Sights--Mirage

Witch--Warlock or Magik

Gilt--Elixer

Knead/Need--??

*Shrug*

Interesting solution, Molly Mae.

But for the X-men movies, a couple of comics, and a short stint at playing the collectible Heroclix game -- years ago, I have been ignorant of the X-men. If, indeed, the solution is X-men...

"cites/sights" could represent many of the X-men characters. Several have vision or psychic abilities, or even an additional pair of eyes. The character I would choose from the clue would be Cyclops (Scott 'Slim' Summers).

"write/rite" could represent Ink (Erik Gitter) and-or Cypher (Douglas "Doug" Ramsey).

I see why you might have chosen Elixer (Joshua "Josh" Foley) for "guilt/gilt", but, by her X-men name, I would have chosen Bling! (Roxanne "Roxy" Washington). Yet, both seem a stretch to me.

Though you represented you had no clue for "knead/need", there is the stretch of Shadowcat (Katherine "Kitty" Anne Pryde), as kneading is an action performed by cats, and her character profile seemed, to me, that she was a needful one.

But for the X-men movies, a couple of comics, and a short stint at playing the collectible Heroclix game -- years ago, I have been ignorant of the X-men. If, indeed, the solution is X-men...

"cites/sights" could represent many of the X-men characters. Several have vision or psychic abilities, or even an additional pair of eyes. The character I would choose from the clue would be Cyclops (Scott 'Slim' Summers).

"write/rite" could represent Ink (Erik Gitter) and-or Cypher (Douglas "Doug" Ramsey).

I see why you might have chosen Elixer (Joshua "Josh" Foley) for "guilt/gilt", but, by her X-men name, I would have chosen Bling! (Roxanne "Roxy" Washington). Yet, both seem a stretch to me.

Though you represented you had no clue for "knead/need", there is the stretch of Shadowcat (Katherine "Kitty" Anne Pryde), as kneading is an action performed by cats, and her character profile seemed, to me, that she was a needful one.

Cyclops was actually my first thought for sights/cites--which started the whole X-men mess (still based off of Wilson's post). It does seem like quite a stretch for all of them, though. Except for Jean, perhaps.

Is it Katrina? ...and no, i cannot explain my answer

:)

not it, t_mo

The X-men.

Gale--Storm

Sights--Mirage

Witch--Warlock or Magik

Gilt--Elixer

Knead/Need--??

*Shrug*

Cyclops was actually my first thought for sights/cites--which started the whole X-men mess (still based off of Wilson's post). It does seem like quite a stretch for all of them, though. Except for Jean, perhaps.

sorry you two. quite interesting but not where I'm coming from with this one.

work is seriously cutting into my riddle solving time :dry:

me too, usually am more responsive, sorry to all.

Gene genie

hey Qesh - not it

for example; citing a sight = Map/brochure

no, nothing to do with that.

the final answers to the puzzle aspect of these quickie couplet riddles (thus far) are found similarly with anything not contained in the couplets themselves including the title as hints.

There was an engineer who had an exceptional gift for fixing all things mechanical. After serving his company loyally for more than 30 years, he happily retired. Several years later, the company contacted him regarding a seemingly impossible problem they were having with one of their multimillion-dollar machines.

They had tried everything and everyone else to get the machine to work but to no avail. In desperation, they called on the retired engineer who had solved so many of their problems in the past. The engineer reluctantly took the challenge. He spent a day studying the huge machine. At the end of the day, he marked a small "x" in chalk on a particular component of the machine and stated, "This is where your problem is."

The part was replaced and the machine worked perfectly again. The company received a bill for $50,000 from the engineer for his service. They demanded an itemized accounting of his charges.

The engineer responded: "One chalk mark: $1; knowing where to put it: $49,999."

I was on vacation for most of this one and I didn't want to guess at the end since Wilson has already gotten it right and has been providing clues, but it looks like there hasn't been too many other guesses. So to either end this one or perhaps just move along...

giggling children? I've tried to turn this into another homophone pair but so far I've been unsuccessful.

Yes indeed DD, you've spotted my mark. Hope you had a terrific vacation. Welcome back.

Gives credit where credit is due you've got

So when they're in yours, take your best shot - cites/sights, by dyalDragon and Thalia

One or the other, determined will tell

Clears out with a stick for this it can spell - which/witch, by Wilson

Afterwards ridden with an admission of me

Shines bright on its face so superficially - guilt/gilt, by Wilson

From the lands on high as a manner of speaking

Passing strong wind, an outburst of shrieking - gael/gale, by Wilson

A rock of ages you stand out in a crowd

All the more sure when you shout it out loud - boulder/bolder, by Dej Mar

Authorize to print maybe gets the point across

This passage one gains then forthwith a loss - write/rite, by t_mo and Molly Mae

Push and shove, tuck and roll, a good turn bears repeating

Always obliged am I, this demand is want for completing - knead/need, by t_mo

Known often with the blues, one printed one dyed

An instruction of sorts, worn on the outside - gene/jean, by Dej Mar

And the final Answer -

CitessiGhts

wHichwItch

guIltGilt

gaiLGale

bouLDerbolder

wrIteRite

kNeadnEed