BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Angel Mafia

Hirkala

---Angel awoke on the floor. His hand felt like it was on fire as he opened his eyes, groggily. As his eyes adjusted, he found himself staring at a strange sight. He finally processed the information and leapt up, yelling loudly. His hand WAS on fire. He had awoken on the lobby floor of the Hyperion Hotel, his hand resting in a stream of sunlight bursting through the rear, glass doors. He jumped around, wildly trying to put his blazing hand out, dodging his friends that lay sprawled on the floor as well. He felt a rush of wind soar past his head and suddenly the flame was gone. His hand smoked as he turned to the source of the strange wind. His mouth gaped open in shock at the man who stood before him.

---“DOYLE?!?” he said, not believing what he was seeing. The others began to groan and sit up, taking in their surroundings. “Doyle, how did… Where… Wha…”

---“Easy dere, big fella!” Doyle responded. “Yer gonna hert yerself tryin to wrap yer head around why I’m standin before ya. Have a seat an I’ll explain everytin.” Angel continued to stare at Doyle and sat down, heavily, on the ottoman in the center of the lobby. The others got up, slowly, shock and confusion evident on their faces. They gathered around to listen to what Doyle had to tell them.

---“Alright, look,” he said. “It’s ba, really, really ba. We may not make it out o dis one. Da big ba is comin an it’s comin fer us. Da Powers dat be brought me back ta try an halp ya.”

---“Why does he keep saying ba?” Fred whispered to Wesley.

---“He’s saying BAD,” Angel muttered. “Why does no one understand an Irish accent? It’s not that hard…” Fred and Wes glanced at each other and rolled their eyes.

---“Maybe it’s because you all sound like ponces!” a voice said, from the shadows. Angel turned quickly, immediately recognizing the voice.

---“Spike! What are you doing here?”

---“Oh, calm down, you git! I’m ‘ere to ‘elp!” Spike replied, stepping out from around the corner and joining the group. “Anyway, Brachen boy was about to let us in on a little secret, weren’t you?”

---“Dat I was, Spikey. De’re back. Da worst ones… Jasmine, da Beast, Wolfram an Hart, and da Circle o da Black Torn. Dey come back to hav dere revenge on yous. Holtz an his lil gerlfriend Justine are back as well. All of em, roonin around town looking fer us all. And if dey finds us… Well, let’s just make sure dat don happen!” The group stared at the Irishman, not knowing what to say for some time.

---Finally, Angel stood up and turned to everyone. His eyes scanned his closest friends, Cordy, Wesley, Fred, Gunn & Lorne. He looked at Spike and grimaced. Then his eyes stopped on his son, Connor. He smiled.

---“Let’s go to work!”

Goodies - Be the last faction standing

Angel - Vampire - Can RID kill each night

Cordelia Chase - Part Demon - Through her visions, can learn the identity of one person per night

Wesley Wyndam-Pryce - Human - Excellent at deciphering ancient texts; Can make any lynch vote count for 0x, 1x, or 2x

Charles Gunn - Human - Jumps in at the last moment and saves someone

Winifred Burkle - Human - Through use of her "Magic Bullet," has 2 RID guesses each night to free one person from Jasmine

Krev-Lorne Swath of the Deathwok Clan - Pylean - Hits a high note and blocks a player's action

Allen Francis Doyle - 1/2 Brachen - Through his visions, can save one person per night

Connor - Part Demon - Punches people so hard their action is redirected (Connor's choice)

William the Bloody - Vampire - Can RID kill each night

Baddies - Be in the the majority BTSC/Night Kill

Jasmine - Higher Power - Can turn one person into "Shiny, Happy People" each night, rendering them ineffective until freed

The Beast - ...BEAST!!! - Can RID kill each night

Wolfram & Hart - Human (Although as a law firm, it's debatable) - Masters of screwing things up, they can redirect one target per night

Circle of the Black Thorn - Humans & Demons - Architects of the Apocalypse, they have the power to block a player's action at night AND change a vote during the day

*If a player is captured by Jasmine, no actions or posts are allowed

Indies - Kill Angel, Capture Connor & Outlive Wolfram & Hart

Daniel Holtz - Can RID kill any non-human each night; Can not die while Justine is alive; Knows who Justine is

Justine Cooper - Can RID someone; If correct, result is PMed to Holtz; If Connor is RIDed, he is captured; Knows who Holtz is

Nicknames that will be used:

Cordelia Chase - Cordy

Wesley Wyndam-Pryce - Wesley or Wes

Charles Gunn - Gunn

Winifred Burkle - Fred

Krev-Lorne Swath - Lorne

Allen Francis Doyle - Doyle

William the Bloody - Spike

Wolfram & Hart - W&H

Circle of the Black Thorn - The Circle

Daniel Holtz - Holtz

Host: Hirkala

1. Filly

2. Blablah

3. Framm

4. Glycereine

5. Izzy

6. onetruth

7. Lionheart

8. yuiop

9. EDM

10. Limey

11. MissKitten

12. RMZ

13. NickFleming

14. woon

15. golfjunkie

Backup:

1. Slick

2. Phaze

3. Molly Mae

4. LJ

Roles will be PMed shortly

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Night is scary :unsure: (something moves in bushes) Wait? What was that sound? *swallows* (Something jumps out, with something gleaming in the moonlight)

Edited by NickFleming

Awwww I thought we were hanging them :( Then again that wouldn't really work with vampires. Can you burn a demon to death? And I share your desire Filly :lol: Unless its me :unsure: Who knows, I could, unknown to me, be a corpse on the ground right now. The suspense is killing me!

Edited by NickFleming

Awwww I thought we were hanging them :( Then again that wouldn't really work with vampires. Can you burn a demon to death? And I share your desire Filly :lol: Unless its me :unsure: Who knows, I could, unknown to me, be a corpse on the ground right now. The suspense is killing me!

Welcome to the World of Mafia, the paranoia will get to you if you are not careful. :lol::D

Heh heh.... Wait was that a hidden code to a teammate? Did you write something in white that, once highlighted, will reveal message? Every fourth letter? A complex cipher only you know how to decode?????? :wacko:

Woo W data oi ey faorl. I knew it! You were speaking in code! Now just to put in google translator and see what it means..... Lol jk. This should be subtitle:

Warning: Mafia may cause intense stress and/or anxiety. Should not be used if you have blood pressure problems. Once you lose mafia, either irritation or sudden relief of immense stress may have serious health issues. For more information, contact a doctor that happens to play it him/herself.

Edited by NickFleming

Prologue Part 2: Welcome to Hell.A.

The gang gathered their weapons and made their way out of Hyperion, heading for the most obvious place… Wolfram & Hart.

“We need to split up,” Angel said. “If they see us heading toward them in a big group, we are going to be an easy target!” Everyone agreed and the group split, taking different directions toward the law firm.

“Good luck everyone,” Angel said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Circle of the Black Thorn gathered in their usual meeting place.

“They are coming,” a voice said.

“Prepare the spell,” another replied.

Cyrus Vail began muttering in an ancient language, his power growing with each phrase. When he was done, he laughed his evil, gravelly laugh. “It is done.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel paused in the street. What was that? he thought. He still knew his mission, but for some reason, he could not remember, for the undead life of him, who he was with. He remembered someone telling him what was going on, but his face eluded him. No… I can’t remember my friends!!!

Night 1: Streets in Darkness

Angel wandered through the streets until he found yuiop. He drew his sword quietly and crept closer. As yuiop stepped beneath a streetlight, her face came into view. That’s not who I thought it was Angel thought.

Holtz and Justine sat in their apartment, making plans for the night. When they came to a decision, they decided it was time to act. Justine stepped through the doorway just as a dim, blue shimmer coated the entry. Holtz, following behind, was stopped dead by the barrier, stumbling backward.

“Go, Justine! Do what must be done!”

The Beast stalked the streets of L.A. searching for his prey. He came upon a group making their way toward Wolfram & Hart. As he stepped out of the shadows, they turned toward him, fearfully. He smiled when he saw Glyc before realizing that he wasn’t who he was looking for. And The Beast had his rocky heart set on killing someone in particular. Suddenly, Izzy came running out of the shadows straight toward Glyc. The Beast smiled, thinking that she would do for now until he could find his true target. NickFleming turned to see if he could help, but then he saw something that made his heart stop. It was HER! JASMINE!!! He fell to his knees and smiled. And before anyone else knew what had happened, the Beast brought his massive fist down on Izzy’s head, crushing her skull.

1. Filly

2. Blablah

3. Framm

4. Glycereine

5. Izzy - DEAD - Killed by the Baddies

6. onetruth

7. Lionheart

8. yuiop

9. EDM

10. Limey

11. MissKitten

12. RMZ

13. NickFleming - Shiny, Happy Person

14. woon

15. golfjunkie

Day ends at 4PM CST or in 23 1/2 hours

Edited by Hirkala

1. Filly - Voting for MissKitten

2. Blablah

3. Framm

4. Glycereine

6. onetruth

7. Lionheart

8. yuiop

9. EDM

10. Limey

11. MissKitten

12. RMZ

14. woon

15. golfjunkie

Okay. Random.org will do the work for me.

*Hirkala, blocks should probably be mentioned in the night post.

Edited by filly678

2. Blablah

3. Framm - Voting for Yuiop

4. Glycereine

6. onetruth

7. Lionheart

8. yuiop

9. EDM

10. Limey

11. MissKitten

12. RMZ

14. woon

15. golfjunkie

D1 randomness

2. Blablah - Voting for Filly

3. Framm - Voting for Yuiop

4. Glycereine

6. onetruth

7. Lionheart

8. yuiop

9. EDM

10. Limey

11. MissKitten

12. RMZ

14. woon

15. golfjunkie

Not pushing for a Filly lynch. Just want to talk.