BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I can give information,

Or I could be used to enhance you’re imagination.

I once was a new sensation.

But I underwent a transformation,

Though I still hold the same occupation

I’m not part of the current generation.

Can you give an explanation,

to what I am?

LSD? Or, actually, MDMA?

MDMA was once used by therapists to make patients relax, to the state that they'll be more comfortable talking, giving out info, solving their problems, etc.

I'd consider crazy euphoria very imagination enhancing.

It was huge back then, but has died out a bit. (Unless you say "E" hardly anyone knows what you're talking about.

It's still used as it was used before, but also recreationally now, but since then, it has been criminalized, so it's cut with all sorts of crap now, then the criminalization itself could be a "transformation". ..Pills also have transformers on them?

Not part of the current generation can be attributed to its popularity way back, not so much now.

LSD? Or, actually, MDMA?

MDMA was once used by therapists to make patients relax, to the state that they'll be more comfortable talking, giving out info, solving their problems, etc.

I'd consider crazy euphoria very imagination enhancing.

It was huge back then, but has died out a bit. (Unless you say "E" hardly anyone knows what you're talking about.

It's still used as it was used before, but also recreationally now, but since then, it has been criminalized, so it's cut with all sorts of crap now, then the criminalization itself could be a "transformation". ..Pills also have transformers on them?

Not part of the current generation can be attributed to its popularity way back, not so much now.

You got it :). But the transformation was from using Ocotea Cymbarum for a natural safrole to the MDP2P intermediate.

Although going from legal to illegal is a transformation in it's self you're completely right.

And you even picked up on the transformers joke... well done.

And yes not part of our generation due to the massive outpour of Mephedrone.

I didn't think anybody would get it because of the first line, but you got it down to the smallest detail, congrats :D.

You got it :). But the transformation was from using Ocotea Cymbarum for a natural safrole to the MDP2P intermediate.

Curiously, which would be better, on a recreational level? I'm sure it could still be synthesized with either.. was there any actual reason for the switch?

thank you....:D

when's your next riddle coming...??? :D

Hahaha as soon as I can figure one out hard enough to stop Izzy getting it within a page :D

Curiously, which would be better, on a recreational level? I'm sure it could still be synthesized with either.. was there any actual reason for the switch?

On a recreational level, which realistically the only thing MDMA is useful for :), the use of Ocotea Cymbarum gives a more intensely euphoric feeling (obviously depending on dosage and in which way you intake the MDMA), but is very fleeting. The MD2P2 intermediate made from the isomerized safrole, i.e. isosafrole, lasts longer, but is not as intense. The main reason for the switch I believe was necessity, Ocotea Cymbarum is nearly extinct. And as far as using the Sassafras tree's for safrole, the tree's bark and leaves simply do not yield a high enough concentration of safrole to use for MDMA production without being isomerized when compared to the Ocotea Cymbarum, who's essential oil contains 70-85% safrole.

Another method is to oxidise the safrole directly into MDP2P via the Wacker process, using some sort of catalyst, though I must confess I don't know a lot about that particular method :D and i'm quite sure the catalyst is extremely hard to come by.

Hope that scratches the itch of you're curiosity Izzy :P

Edited by Somnolency

Hmm. Ocotea Cymbarum oil can be bought online (as far as a quick google search tells me), do you think it's pure enough to yield the safrole necessary for the synthesis? (Heh.. merely curious, no actual intentions to set up a clandestine chem lab in my closet :ph34r: )

I mean, I'm sure it's being done anyway, considering the availability of the oil/possibly seeds.

The itch just grew. :P

The main reason for the switch I believe was necessity, Ocotea Cymbarum is nearly extinct.

There's a similar issue with the peyote cactus used by Native Americans in the southwest for thousands of years in psychedelic/spiritual ceremonies. It grows extremely slowly and develops the mescaline (the active compound similar in many ways to LSD/LSA and to the DMT variants including psilocin and bufotenin) over time. That's why it's more ecologically and environmentally conscious to use other cacti for these purposes (like the san pedro)

Hmm. Ocotea Cymbarum oil can be bought online (as far as a quick google search tells me), do you think it's pure enough to yield the safrole necessary for the synthesis? (Heh.. merely curious, no actual intentions to set up a clandestine chem lab in my closet :ph34r: )

I mean, I'm sure it's being done anyway, considering the availability of the oil/possibly seeds.

The itch just grew. :P

As far as I understand it the oil which is currently available as "Ocotea Cymbarum oil" is in fact a slight stretch of the truth. While there are two main species of Ocotea Cybarum, one from around brazil the other from around columbia, they are put under the same generic, but incorrect, banner name of "Ocotea Cymbarum." The type with the extremely high concentration of safrole comes from brazil, don't ask me to give it's full scientific name cause I don't know :), while the one being massed produced is from around Columbia / Venezuela and has a lower safrole content even than nutmeg (with regards to mass to concentration ratio.)

Because of this the use of the Columbian Ocotea Cymbarum oil for safrole, therefore MDMA synthesis, is effectively pointless. Rather the use Sassafras bark is far more common. But indeed, once again it must all be isomerized to MDP2P to be effective.

Safrole is a class 1 precursor, therefore I believe any Ocotea Cymbarum, regardless of its origin, is red listed by many european and oceanic governments. Meaning it is easily able to be bought, but they will defiantly grab all the details of the buyer and keep a close eye on any suspicious activity by them :dry:

Haha, well i'm happy to keep scratching it :P

There's a similar issue with the peyote cactus used by Native Americans in the southwest for thousands of years in psychedelic/spiritual ceremonies. It grows extremely slowly and develops the mescaline (the active compound similar in many ways to LSD/LSA and to the DMT variants including psilocin and bufotenin) over time. That's why it's more ecologically and environmentally conscious to use other cacti for these purposes (like the san pedro)

Yeah thats exactly it, but of course the Echinopsis Peruviana is far more prevalent around Oceania than the San Pedro.

Mescaline is an amazing substance. Unlike LSD/LSA or DMT the 'hallucinations' are based on real experiences, not fanciful imaginations. Everything visualised and heard when in the midst of a trip holds a logical progression, a pattern, it's a real learning experience. :D

Edited by Somnolency

Mescaline is an amazing substance. Unlike LSD/LSA or DMT the 'hallucinations' are based on real experiences, not fanciful imaginations. Everything visualised and heard when in the midst of a trip holds a logical progression, a pattern, it's a real learning experience. :D

that makes it sound more similar to cannabis than the other more 'trippy' psychedelics like LSD. But there is a cross-tolerance between acid, shrooms and mescaline I believe. They effect the 5-HT something-or-other haha, I don't know the details

I'm sure there are ways to get around government intervention. As long as it isn't actually illegal (red listed or not), the Shroomery Marketplace is bound to turn up a reputable trader. Who knows, Ocotea Cymbarum syringes may be as easily available as ones with shroom spores. :P ..I'm assuming more pricey.

I'd actually regard DXM's CEVs/OEVs based on "real life". The patterns pretty accurately reflect the colors/visuals of whatever you were looking at intently that day. The white stuff on the load screen for Assassin's Creed 2 is an pretty epic visual (coming from someone who hardly uses that word :P)

that makes it sound more similar to cannabis than the other more 'trippy' psychedelics like LSD. But there is a cross-tolerance between acid, shrooms and mescaline I believe. They effect the 5-HT something-or-other haha, I don't know the details

Mmm, I understand how it may appear more similar to cannabis in my previous description, but believe me, there is still the serious disorientation and disconnectedness that only comes with a psychedelic. It is also far more 'intense', for lack of a better word, than cannabis.

And depending on the type of mescaline, i.e. the type of cactus it is derived from, the trip can differ wholly. I would describe the effects as more solemn than that of acids; intelligible and continuous loops of illogical excitement.

Yeah, there is a cross-tolerance between most psychedelics, but to be fair there is a cross-tolerance between most drugs as they affect very similar sections of our brains and secrete very similar chemicals (i.e. Serotonin and Dopamine, of course.) Indeed the 5-HT2 receptor you're talking about actually belongs to the Serotonin receptor family :).

I'm sure there are ways to get around government intervention. As long as it isn't actually illegal (red listed or not), the Shroomery Marketplace is bound to turn up a reputable trader. Who knows, Ocotea Cymbarum syringes may be as easily available as ones with shroom spores. :P ..I'm assuming more pricey.

I'd actually regard DXM's CEVs/OEVs based on "real life". The patterns pretty accurately reflect the colors/visuals of whatever you were looking at intently that day. The white stuff on the load screen for Assassin's Creed 2 is an pretty epic visual (coming from someone who hardly uses that word :P)

Certainly there is a market for Ocotea Cymbarum, it's actually much easier to get then I perviously mentioned :). Also you can buy 92-95% pure safrole cut with minimal other precursors (i.e. keytone.) Theres a whole market out there dedicated to the blackmarket exportation and importation of natural precursors, though i've got to say it's a lot harder to get you're hands on than shroom spores :D.

Yeah DXMs, CEVs and OEVs all have that "real" feel. But mescaline gives a 'spiritual' edge to the trip, and trust me i'm not someong who using 'spiritual' a lot :P.

Hahaha yeah, the Assassin's Creed 2 load screen is seriously epic.

Yeah DXMs, CEVs and OEVs all have that "real" feel. But mescaline gives a 'spiritual' edge to the trip, and trust me i'm not someong who using 'spiritual' a lot :P.

Hahaha yeah, the Assassin's Creed 2 load screen is seriously epic.

DXM is a drug - dextromethorphan - a dissociative anesthetic similar to nitrous oxide, PCP and ketamine. It's in many cough syrups (though you have to find one with no other ingredients because most of them will kill you guaranteed at higher doses) so it is legal but underestimated because it's an extremely powerful substance. It's like nitrous multiplied by 1 million, with the euphoria, anesthesia, analgesia, extreme "spinnies" as if drunk, feelings of detachment (hence the name dissociative) and often intermittent trance periods of sensations that your body is rotating, stretching, falling, buzzing or flying far far far away. At higher doses, intense spiritual and/or out of body experiences.

It was originally intended to be used as an anesthetic but it gets psychedelic at the same dose as it gets anesthetic so they've found better solutions since then

There's a pretty simple DXM extraction process, and you can make things called "lemon drops" to avoid the icky taste (DXM in pill capsules). DXM is a pretty awesome drug, look it up. Erowid is incredibly useful, and then there's this. (That same site has the only successful and tested extraction process I know of.) I'm not "spiritual" either (lmao.. others forum is evidence of that :P), but the dissociation DXM provides is similar to ketamine, and you get definite OBEs. A lot of them are just crazy (dancing with aliens, dividing by zero, etc.), but the CEVs/OEVs highly reflect what you've seen that day, which is what I meant with the Assassin's Creed 2 load screen. Colorful joy. :D It's also pretty long lasting, haha.

Ah yes, well clearly the most common cough syrup used is Robitussin, though here in Australia there are many, many substitutes, the government hasn't quite caught onto how easy it is to simply robo trip. Very little scheduling or review has been undertaken with regards to it :thumbsup:

As a trade off however they unfortunately decided to make salvia divinorum a class 1 drug... :dry:

Oooo, I took a look at that extraction process, nifty and not to complicated, ty :)

Yeah, Erowid is wonderful :wub:

Lol at "flying far far far away" unreality, hahaha!

From personal curiosities however, I would judge mescaline a far more spiritual experience, for me at least. DXM for me has always been more of a sloppy out of body experience coupled with serious disassociation :lol:

Edited by Somnolency