BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

unreality

Question

MURDER MYSTERY II: The Shifting Sands of Shyzoth

In ancient times the desert city of Shyzoth was a shining jewel, an oasis of prosperity amid the bronze and white crystalline sands of the vast desert. A thousand years before it was the seat of the greatest and largest empire of this planet, an empire spanning multiple continents. Now the empire has long since fallen into disarray, a multitude of competing city-states. Of these regions, however, Shyzoth is perhaps the oldest and most powerful. It is a city webbed by canals, aqueducts and irrigation systems where water == life in such a harsh location. Its buildings are ancient and sandy and majestic, topped with colorful minarets and the dominant religion, Hanshin, supplies many towers as Pinnacles reaching toward the exalted land in the sky.

The city is also a city of intrigue. A shady organization known as Tal'vrak runs the underground. Black markets thrive using secret signs and smoke symbols, integrated into the bustling street markets. Amid the trading of ancient empire artifacts and array of useful items is the trading of illegal weapons, drugs (Shyzoth is the capital of the world for an addicting desert flower called psyflora) and even slaves. There are certain streets that even the stalwart City Enforcers hesitate to visit. Streets that you can go to hire dark-robed monk assassins and slimy cutthroats, but only if you accept the risk of dying in the process.

The politics of Shyzoth are as complex and twisting as its high-walled streets and network of dusty canals. A figure known as the Mazoth rules the city as sort of a mayor, but the Mazoth does not have absolute control, far from it. The Mazoth must answer to his puppet masters, the Shyzoth Chancellors, a group of 5 ex-Mazoths that supposedly have lots of wisdom and charisma but really just have pockets full of gifts and bribes from various organizations, companies and individuals. Many potential Mazoths run for office on the idea of bringing justice and accountability to the halls of leadership, but they have to balance this initial desire with the possible future of becoming a Chancellor themselves after their 5 year term is up. It's a public election to be a Mazoth but when a Chancellor dies, the remaining Chancellors hold a private meeting to choose the replacement from ex-Mazoths, hence all the @ss-kissing that goes on.

That's not all though. It is often said that Shyzoth has two different avenues of leadership. After the empire fell due to its connection to a violent religion called Zamoa (which is now outlawed everywhere and hated and feared), all city-states are ideally supposed to be secular. However the religion Hanshin, which has been around for a very long time as the religion of the desert nomads, has taken root in Shyzoth in the past few hundred years and come to dominate the spiritual scene. The church is led by women only and the position of Theocrata goes to the most esteemed of these women. It is a position of dictatorship and extreme fundamentalism. Hanshin is a religion that attempts to integrate itself with every possible aspect of daily life and make its presence known.

Now that we have some background, let's introduce the scenario. A small number of people have gathered in a public square to hear the speech of a man known as Cabuul. Cabuul entered the city a couple weeks ago with a small troupe of followers, admirers and "disciples" that he collects in his wanderings. Many different types of people come to these kind of speeches. Many have crazy theories about codes within what he speaks. He has called himself a Martyr for Truth even though he was still alive. He's an enigma and a troublemaker. Medical personalities have diagnosed him with mild schizophrenia and extreme narcissism. Social personalities have described his voice as fluid and delicious and captivating.

Now he's dead.

More details to come later, but basically the City Enforcers have quarantined off the square and everyone that was listening to Cabuul's speech for one reason or another must remain inside until the killer has been brought to justice. However city law states that a quarantine can only be under effect for a certain time limit. If the killer has not been arrested by < *** >, the quarantine lifts and everyone can go home - including the killer, and this will become a cold case. (There are no intermediate "hours" or anything like that, it's a straight shot).

Now the City Enforcers have supplied two of their best people to be the official handlers of the case, and unlike the two the detectives from the previous MM, the City Enforcers have actual authority here. They can make arrests and prevent BTSC with the arrested person while they question them under influence of truth serums. However after the third (or maybe fourth?) false arrest they will be taken off the case and then the killer can only be caught my a majority vote citizen's arrest. Ordinary citizens cannot make arrests or accusations on their own, they must present their case to the City Enforcers who have agreed to hear out any cases reasonably before deciding to arrest. If the arrest was correct, the credit will go to the citizen that suggested it (or to the City Enforcers if they did it of their own volition).

There are also other things that need figuring out. There will be a list of questions that citizens want to find the answers to in addition to snooping out the killer. There are more crimes than just murder. If the citizens deliver correct answers to the City Enforcers they will be rewarded; punished for wrong answers. Also the killer may or may not have a secret agenda in progress during the events.

All of the characters will have more personality and more secret information than last time and the events around the murder will be more fleshed out… it's a good idea to not give away all your info at once though, not if you want to survive and possibly win. There will be multiple layers of intrigue.

There will also be "items", tangible objects (possibly evidence-related) that can change hands and be used to provide various information, abilities, etc.

Don't let yourself be covered by the shifting sands of Shyzoth…

Public Knowledge:

> not having a list of "questions" to answer

> an arrest involves the City Enforcers arresting a specific person for a specific crime. The truth serum is good for 1 question - to determine if they did that specific crime or not. Then the enforcers can hold that person in individual quarantine (no BTSC except with the enforcers) as long as they want, but only one person can be arrested at a time

> 3 incorrect arrests before it becomes a situation of majority voting. We'll explain that if/when it comes to it

> list of people in the square: (with some personality traits in brackets)

Businessman [hotheaded, big ego, likes to get in scuffles]

Disciple [always getting caught up on/fascinated by tiny details]

Chancellor [prudish and germophobic]

Hot Dog Vendor Dude [outgoing, people person]

Hobo/Beggar [sloppy, sometimes drunk]

Hanshin Priestess (Identical Twin Sister to Scientist) [devoutly religious]

Outsider [foreign accent]

City Enforcer I [aggressive]

City Enforcer II [obsessed with the law, nitpicky]

Man Eating Sandwich [talks with a full mouth; observant though]

Coroner [nervous wreck]

Well-Known Tal'Vrak Mob Boss [mob boss attitude]

Hippie [hippyish]

Pregnant Animal Trainer Lady [good at manipulating men]

Scientist (Identical Twin Sister to Hanshin Priestess) [intellectual]

when you claim a role, also give him/her a name! And of course you always act as your role would, and always remain in character on the thread and in game-related PMs

Hosts: Unreality & Frost

1) Filly

2) Golfjunkie

3) Framm

4) Molly Mae

5) Blablah

6) Izzy

7) yuiop

8) MissKitten

9) JarZe (unconfirmed)

10) Klose

11) JS

12) Kat

13) GMaster479

14) dawh

15) nashville 1998

• Answers 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

*Looks around suspiciously* So they didn't get me? I got away with murder?

EDIT:

/Sarcasm

Don't get me wrong. :P I was trying to find something on you (especially after you wrote that immunity letter :rolleyes: ), but no one seemed to have any goods on you (or at least no one cared to share them with the police :dry: ). Something about the whole psyflora thing rubbed me the wrong way, but I couldn't figure out what arrestable offense I could drum up to address it. :mellow:

(And I waited too long to start arresting people. :blush: )

Something about the whole psyflora thing rubbed me the wrong way, but I couldn't figure out what arrestable offense I could drum up to address it. :mellow:

I think the attempted eradication of an entire species is grounds for an arrest, but whatever man. *smokes psyflora*

I asked quite a few people about MM, but she was unwilling to speak whatsoever, there's actually nothing you can do if there's no evidence spread among us and the "killer" doesn't speak... How can you find him/her???

I tried contacting MM but then she just turned me down and said TTYL... :dry:

I had 2 confessions, and neither was from MM.

Of course, at the time I thought I'd lost due to my arrest, which was never posted because I was innocent, so I was feelin' reckless. Whoops. A little misunderstanding of the rules there.

...Did you submit them before or after me? Because Gmaster said you didn't turn him in, and he was confused, and he ended up confessing everything to me, haha, because you knew anyway and he assumed I did, and I went with it.

Timing depending, one of us won. *glares at Bob, for my father*

...Did you submit them before or after me? Because Gmaster said you didn't turn him in, and he was confused, and he ended up confessing everything to me, haha, because you knew anyway and he assumed I did, and I went with it.

Timing depending, one of us won. *glares at Bob, for my father*

I really have no idea what the rest of you all were trying to do (and how people "win"). All I was told was to try to solve whatever crimes I could find. So what conditions you people were trying to meet was completely opaque to me. :wacko:

I got 4(5?) of you for various crimes, though I suspect that there were a couple others on whom I could've moved, but I couldn't find enough information to formulate an opinion on the type of crime. The Coroner was less than helpful, neglecting to mention the bomb or the snake scales in his initial report to me on the autopsy, so I couldn't follow those leads.

My theory on the bomb is that the hobo had the detonator and was too drunk to use it. As for the snake scale, that implicates the animal trainer somehow, but we'll have to see what unreality reveals to find out exactly what that means. :unsure:

I really have no idea what the rest of you all were trying to do (and how people "win"). All I was told was to try to solve whatever crimes I could find. So what conditions you people were trying to meet was completely opaque to me. :wacko:

I got 4(5?) of you for various crimes, though I suspect that there were a couple others on whom I could've moved, but I couldn't find enough information to formulate an opinion on the type of crime. The Coroner was less than helpful, neglecting to mention the bomb or the snake scales in his initial report to me on the autopsy, so I couldn't follow those leads.

My theory on the bomb is that the hobo had the detonator and was too drunk to use it. As for the snake scale, that implicates the animal trainer somehow, but we'll have to see what unreality reveals to find out exactly what that means. :unsure:

TBH this was my first game of murder mystery and I quite didn't know what exactly to do... I tried talking to people but if they don't say anything there's not much I could do. I also don't know if every player has it's own objectives (now that I think of it I think I should've asked this to the hosts in the first place :blush:). I thought someone "wins" if they succesfully lead to the arrest of the killer. So I'm sorry if I wasn't of much help...

As the minute hand of Shyzoth’s clock tower traveled past one of the the giant numbers on its face, the City Enforcer announced to the square the end of the quarantine. Relieved that they could finally go home, the various people who had remained in the square throughout the quarantine began to depart. The Chancellor, Buzz Killington, headed back to work after having taken quite a long nap, as there was an important meeting underway that he was already late for. Miles Barker, the Disciple, wasn’t sure what to do now that his leader was gone, and he milled about around the square for some time, wondering what will become of the Zamoans now. Red, the hobo, remained where he had been the entire time, relaxing in his favorite shady spot in the square, content. With all that had just happened, Asma Mazar-a Sharif, the Hanshin Priestess, felt she needed to confide her thoughts with someone, so she left for her church. François LaPonte, dismayed at not succeeding in his ventures, departed from Shyzoth to find another city worth targeting. Mmarf, having given away his sandwich, noticed François’ dismissal, and followed after him. Cole Sear, the Coroner, and Tiffany Silverstein, decided to work together to raise the baby, and they went back to his mother and helped her get better using the money that the Scientist had given him. Alk'ti Nieni Malak, the Scientist, left for her lab, dismayed at her inability to obtain some psyflora for her experiments. It didn’t help that she had had to manage her twin sister throughout that whole ordeal.

However, not all of those that lasted the quarantine were free to go. Inspector Crouseau stared down at the five criminals whom he had arrested. Lined against the southern wall of the square were Ziggy Stardust the Hippy, Mr… the Businessman, Don Marlon the Mob Boss, Bob the Hot Dog Vendor, and finally, Crouseau’s partner, Ralph, the other City Enforcer. Ralph glared menacingly at the two men to his left, who looked away, whistling innocently. Crouseau went to Ziggy first.

“Due to the fact that you’ve been a big help to this investigation, and since you’re charged with petty theft, I’ll allow you to go with only a fine for one hundred zoths.”

High as a kite, Ziggy replied with a “whatever, man,” and walked away nonchalantly, completely disregarding his father’s cries for help. He was so high he even thought he was a dealer of psyflora throughout the entire quarantine, but in reality had never even encountered one flower, and was merely high on weed.

“Now as for you, you certainly have more serious charges on you, so I’ll have to take you in,” Crouseau said to the Businessman, “but we’ll be fair. You’re not in as bad a situation as these guys over here.” Crouseau nodded in the direction of the other three, then proceeded to put Mr… into the back of his enforcer car. “Now, what about you three? You’re the cause of all this. Care to explain yourselves?”

“Well, you see officer, I really had no part in this, and was only being manipulated by the Do-“

“You shut your trap, smartmouth! I knew I couldn’t trust you with such an important task. Way to screw us over by telling the cops right away!” Don Marlon said, cutting off Bob. “I only wanted Cabuul outta the way because he was a threat to the way of life here – preaching change and a new world – we can’t have none of that in Shyzoth. I rule this place (well, part of it), and I couldn’t let him take away my power!”

“So you hired Bob to take him out for you?” enquired Crouseau.

“No, I hired him to hire someone else. That way I’d be removed from the crime. Though he went and told me who he hired, which ruined that plot.”

“Hey, you asked me who I hired!” Bob retorted.

“Well I was probably drunk or something! Didn’t you remember our original agreement? You weren’t to know why; I wasn’t to know who, it worked well that way. It didn’t help that you raised Crouseau’s suspicions from the start. You don’t rat out the guy you hire.”

“Yeah, yeah…” Bob muttered.

“ Anyway, none of it matters now, as you’re all under ar – wait, is that? Bob, what are you hiding? Is that psyflora?” questioned Crouseau.

“What? Of course not, why would I have any of that?”

“You’re a black market trader, why wouldn’t you?” jeered the Don.

“Your crimes just keep increasing…” Crouseau shook his head, then turned to his partner. “What about you? How did you get caught up in this?”

“I’ve been on the Tal’Vrak payroll for a while now, so I was bound to be involved in something like this. Don’t listen to those two, they’re both at fault as well, and they screwed up this whole plot.”

“Yeah, so I realized. What I’ve been wondering, though, is how did you do it?”

“Ahh…a stroke of genius. See this wire I’m holding? It was the murder weapon. To be more precise, it was part of the murder weapon. This desert is a glorious thing. The arid sands blow constantly, and the sun beats down relentlessly. That heat, it is oh so good. Ever wonder where I was before we got here? I was up there.” Ralph points to a rooftop high above at the corner of the square. “From there I killed Cabuul. Crossbows are all well and good, but an ice crossbow, now that’s genius. Barely leaves a trace. In this heat, the arrow would be gone in seconds, the crossbow with it.”

“So that’s how…no wonder no one ever figured it out, that’s almost a perfect crime…except for these two over here,” Crouseau chuckled. “There were certainly a lot of false leads.”

“Yes, I was hoping they would distract you long enough for me to escape, but alas, it was figured out.”

“Indeed it was. Now all of you get in the car. You’re all under arrest, and don’t think you’ll be getting out any time soon.”

Crouseau shoved the three into the back of his car, alongside the shady businessman. Then he got in the front and pulled away, driving towards the Enforcer headquarters. As the dust settled behind the car, the sun set on the now quiet square, which had earlier been bustling with all kinds of activity, and where a radical, outspoken prophet had been silenced for the first, and final, time.

The main idea was that Cabuul was the spokesperson for a resurgence clan of Zamoan cultists, spreading the word and also coded messages for his cultist followers (in this crowd they were the Businessman and the Disciple).

Also we had some things with items going - for example, anything used or whatever on one of the twins had a 50% chance of being actually used on the other twin.

Here is the basic framework of the roles, although when we PMed them to people we fleshed them out a bit more, removing the +/* format and kind of explaining it better. So these are just the frames of what the roles are, with different levels of information, deception and items

Key:

+ Information

* Item

Businessman

+ secretly Zamoan cultist to get first half of Cabuul's coded speech [Every 17th word]

+ must find other Zamoan cultist to combine coded message

+ here to meet with Chancellor to bribe with jewel to get building contract for the new Chancellor Building

* JEWEL

Disciple

+ secretly Zamoan cultist to get second half of Cabuul's coded speech [Every 11th word]

+ must find other Zamoan cultist to combine coded message

+ hates the Hanshin priestess

+ over the past few days with Cabuul in and around town you have seen Pregnant Lady really flirting with him and/or trying to talk to him about something

Chancellor

+ there to meet with Businessman to give away the contract to build the new Chancellor Building in return for a jewel

+ addicted to psyflora but going through withdrawals. Needs the jewel to buy more drugs from Dealer

+ in a deep relationship with the Hanshin priestess. She's breaking her vows in order to be with her one love (you). But you feel guilty because sometimes your drug addiction comes first

* BUILDING CONTRACT RIGHTS

Hot Dog Vendor Dude

+ tal'vrak black market item peddler. has drugs and other stuff

+ wants money, jewels, etc.

+ the day before, the Hanshin priestess bought a VIAL OF POISON from him

+ was told by his mob boss (also present) to hire a killer to kill Cabuul. Probably to test his trustworthiness? Possibly because of faction or religious feuds? Anyway he went ahead with it and hired a corrupt killer on the tal'vrak payroll - city enforcer I.

+ from 10 months ago to 8 months ago, Pregnant Lady was cheating on her Coroner boyfriend with you the street dealer

* PSYFLORA (one whole flower, doesn't really break down into smaller units, the whole thing is the whole experience)

* CITIZENS ARREST KIT (x2) (militia badge + truth serum = one time use of arrest bypassing the City Enforcers. Can't hold someone though, it's just to see if they did the crime you arrested them for)

Hobo/Beggar

+ cabuul gave him money and knife to kill him after the speech. Apparently to martyr himself - the hobo doesn't much care. But Cabuul died before the beggar could follow his instructions

+ over the past few days with Cabuul in and around town you have seen Pregnant Lady really flirting with him and/or trying to talk to him about something

+ you know that from watching that the Hot Dog Vendor Dude is a tal'vrak drug dealer front

* KNIFE

Hanshin Priestess (Identical Twin Sister to Scientist)

+ there to kill the new radical idealist, Cabuul

+ has a vial of poison, bought from the Hot Dog salesman who's actually a black marketer. It's a now-outlawed a sacred Hanshin poison reserved for religious enemies. Was going to slip it into cabuul's food after he gave a speech, but dropped dead first!

+ is actually breaking her vows and is engaged in a sexual relationship with the Chancellor

+ he thinks she's in love but actually she's in it to get influence in the government affairs

+ doesn't get along well with her non-hanshin scientist sister. Doesn't know what she's doing here listening to cabuul either

* VIAL OF POISON

Outsider

+ actually a bank robber that escaped a neighboring land to hide out in Shyzoth and lay low. He's carrying a bag of gold

+ he's heard of a gathering in the square and knowing the volatile nature of the city, has come to look for weapons - ideally explosive - in order to fuel his next robbery

+ his sister is Cabuul's widow. Cabuul cheated on her with Pregnant Lady, hence he hates Cabuul, but he knew he's the kind of guy that draws the kinds of guys that have weapons, so he came to his speech

* BAG OF GOLD

City Enforcer I

+ wants to get to the bottom of the crime(s)

* SEARCH WARRANT (twice per person can use it on someone to see what items they have on themselves)

City Enforcer II

+ partner of I

* PORTABLE POLYGRAPH (limit of three total uses to verify the truthiness of statements of fact, single clauses only. It's what the person believes to be the case.)

Separate PM to City Enforcer I: you are actually on the corrupt political/municipal payroll of the tal'vrak. The "street vendor" has passed on a job to you: kill Cabuul. You did so, using a crossbow made from ice, and ice darts. After the deed was done (you fired from a rooftop and then came in when called to the scene) and it all melted in the desert heat, you were only left with the piece of wire (the actual cross bow), hence you actually have two items:

* SEARCH WARRANT

* PIECE OF WIRE

Man Eating Sandwich

+ actually a private eye hired to track down a bank robber (the Outsider) who has fled to Shyzoth; located him in Shyzoth. Going to the square, just following the Outsider. Collecting data on him

+ you've done your research and know that the Outsider's sister is married to Cabuul

+ 9 months ago you were in town chasing a crook and slept with some random lady

* BINOCULARS (twice per holder can choose an item (have to know name) and see who has it at that moment)

* HALF-EATEN SANDWICH

Coroner

+ was told to be there by Cabuul to confirm his death after Cabuul will be stabbed to death with a knife

+ has a sick mother at home, he needs a lot of money to help her out

+ can team up with the City Enforcers if desired. Will receive periodic information about how Cabuul died

+ 1 year ago to 6 months ago you were in a fleeting relationship with Pregnant Lady. But you know she was cheating on you too

* SURGERY TOOLS (can be used to cut open Cabuul and inspect inside)

Well-Known Tal'Vrak Mob Boss

+ All he's interested in is money and women. Mainly money. Out to get his hands on as much dough as he can, by whatever means necessary.

+ He has his eye on his new street dealer, he isn't sure quite how trustworthy the guy is yet.

+ Also trying to prevent the deal for the new Chancellor building, which facilitate the removal of his headquarters.

+ There in the square to meet with his rebellious son (Hippie) who said crazy s*** is going to go down

+ Also, the Mob Boss is actually the one behind the murder of Cabuul. Intel has informed the boss that Cabuul is a spokesperson for the Zamoan cult and a catalyst for change against the status quo (the mobs and corruption). If Cabuul's popularity grows or if his coded zamoan messages lead to enough instigation, the mobs would be done for. So the Mob Boss told the street dealer to hire someone to kill Cabuul after the speech. Hence the Mob Boss doesn't know who but the subordinates don't know why except for perhaps a hazy idea

* REVOLVER (personal defense)

Hippie

+ thinks he's witnessing profound events, man.

+ wants peace but came too late to prevent the death of Cabuul, which he figured might happen due to all the animosity in the city.

+ is a pickpocket by trade, using an item he invented from trippy rainbow clay: a counterweight to be placed in someone's bag/pocket and swapped with the item being stolen (if the person has more than 1 item, an item is picked randomly). However the person stolen from now has the counterweight and can use it themselves, etc.

+ told his father (Mob Boss) to meet him here too. He's been rebelling against him but wants to make amends

* RAINBOW COUNTERWEIGHT

Pregnant Animal Trainer Lady

+ late in third trimester

+ father could be a few different possibilities but she is sure (due to timing) that it's the Coroner. She wants to tell him at some point though she knows it would shift his priorities away from the invesetigation and toward getting money for her (because she really needs financial support from the baby daddy!)

+ though lately she has been attracted to Cabuul and while he's been in or near town she's really hit it off with him. She's actually quite the gold/fame digger!

* DEADLY SNAKE

Scientist (Identical Twin Sister to Hanshin Priestess)

+ studying psyflora but it's illegal because of people like her sister (neither sister knows why the other is in the square today)

+ so she needs to get it from illegal sources hence why she's here in the square. She has a small suitcase of BANK NOTES, the equivalent of 10 months funding from the association. First she needs to find a source of psyflora though... and her sister canNOT find out about this...

* SUITCASE OF BANK NOTES

TBH this was my first game of murder mystery and I quite didn't know what exactly to do... I tried talking to people but if they don't say anything there's not much I could do. I also don't know if every player has it's own objectives (now that I think of it I think I should've asked this to the hosts in the first place :blush:). I thought someone "wins" if they succesfully lead to the arrest of the killer. So I'm sorry if I wasn't of much help...

Yeah, that is one of the problems with these, people often aren't sure what to do. That's why we tried to give everyone at least one objective so they would have something to try and do. There wasn't any really way to "win," though figuring out the murder was the main goal of everything. The idea was to try and have each player accomplish their own goals, and by giving you objectives, you'd be able to behave more like your character would to get what you want. We probably should have included at least one more hint about the real murder outside of the three involved, though that turned out to be unnecessary as they practically gave themselves up (though Ralph was fine, although quiet).

Yeah, that was my understanding. I did know about some other crimes (JarZe the bank robber, idk if you got him), but I didn't think they were important?

They couldn't arrest Jarze, he robbed a bank in a far off place, the crime was outside of their jurisdiction. Sure, the murder was the main thing, but the other stuff was so that people would have something to do, especially those that weren't as close to those involved with the crime.

I was lost for the most part, at first I thought that I had to get information that the Outsider was indeed the bank robber, but after that I was lost. Not to mention that people did not want to really talk with me.

Who stole my Binoculars? :angry:

Sorry about that, we probably should have been more clear from the start. Your role didn't have much of an objective really, and you couldn't do much if the Outsider wasn't successful.

Yeah, that is one of the problems with these, people often aren't sure what to do. That's why we tried to give everyone at least one objective so they would have something to try and do. There wasn't any really way to "win," though figuring out the murder was the main goal of everything. The idea was to try and have each player accomplish their own goals, and by giving you objectives, you'd be able to behave more like your character would to get what you want. We probably should have included at least one more hint about the real murder outside of the three involved, though that turned out to be unnecessary as they practically gave themselves up (though Ralph was fine, although quiet).

So does that mean that I managed to "catch" all of the people who actually committed crimes? B)) (I don't know if the Businessman actually successfully bribed the Chancellor or not. If he did, I probably could have arrested him for accepting a bribe... :unsure: )

Yeah, the three involved in the murder were basically going to have to hang together or hang separately. :rolleyes: I don't know what Bob was hoping to achieve by implicating Ralph. :wacko:

Well, my strategy was just to lay low. I couldn't get caught unless Bob or Don Marlon ratted me out, since no one could find evidence of the murder weapon.

If you read Advance Wars Mafia, MissKitten almost got screwed over by voting for Blablah, a confirmed innocent.

Edited by filly678

Well, my strategy was just to lay low. I couldn't get caught unless Bob or Don Marlon ratted me out, since no one could find evidence of the murder weapon.

Well, either the Hippie could have stolen it if he wanted to, or the PI could have spied it with the binoculars, but I guess he would have had to know the name first. If I had asked you if you had any other items, I could have lie-detected it. Or you could have given me the search warrants (for some reason). I did suspect that you had some other item once I knew you to be the murderer. I just couldn't find a way to ask about it.

It looks like Cabuul wasn't done with his speech. The Businessman never learned where the bomb was located. I guess he was supposed to be trying to find it as part of his objective (had he been more active).

I was lost for the most part, at first I thought that I had to get information that the Outsider was indeed the bank robber, but after that I was lost. Not to mention that people did not want to really talk with me.

Who stole my Binoculars? :angry:

The path of the counterweight was pretty interesting. Ziggy Izzy used it to steal a citizens arrest kit from Bob who was dealing those. Then Bob used it (again not sure what MissKitten was really thinking for most of the game :wacko: ) to steal from his mob boss Don Marlon Gmaster and got the Don's revolver which had 4 shots with 2 empties. The revolver was never actually fired I believe though the Don towards the end of the game had hired Bob to make another murder. That either fell through or didn't happen fast enough, but anyway, Gmaster tried to use the pickpocket on Izzy but she had nothing since she had already used the kit, hence it failed, so then Gmaster pickpocketed Framm (Mmarf) and got the Binoculars

So does that mean that I managed to "catch" all of the people who actually committed crimes? B)) (I don't know if the Businessman actually successfully bribed the Chancellor or not. If he did, I probably could have arrested him for accepting a bribe... :unsure: )

Yeah, the three involved in the murder were basically going to have to hang together or hang separately. :rolleyes: I don't know what Bob was hoping to achieve by implicating Ralph. :wacko:

yeah. Almost from the very beginning MK was trying to implicate and hint about Ralph being a baddie. Otherwise he was gliding along pretty well managing to do his enforcer duties while also staying off the suspicion radar - if it wasn't for his own employer ratting him out of course :lol: Frost and I didn't want to affect the game's affairs so we tried not to say anything outright although we emphasized multiple times (publically in the thread and privately to Bob) that getting arrested means that you lose, and that Bob was indeed a criminal, being the middle man for the murder operation. Still though, Bob persisted in dropping hints about Ralph which eventually brought the whole thing crashing down around the heads of the 3 mobsters

They weren't the only criminals to fail at their mission, however. The cultists - Disciple and Businessman - were meant to meet up to compare their two halves of their secret mission (if you want to know what it is, apply their codes to the speech :P I worked hard on that thing) so they could carry it out using the items present in the game. And despite BlahBlah (Disciple)'s fervent activity of trying to make contact with the other cultist, yuiop's inactivity made it hard for them to meet up. It was really Frost and I's fault - we should have replaced yuiop

Hmm. So if I say I'm 2 for 2 in these Murder Mysteries, while I didn't contribute to every arrest, it's still true, right?

Just a bit of critisism, the first game was better in that there was one clear objective (even for those involved in side-quests), and the winner was easily determined. I didn't really like how we had to go through the detectives to arrest someone. =/

Oh, dawh, yeah, I couldn't steal from Ralph even if I wanted to. I would just incriminate myself in the process. I think everyone that had something stolen from them told me to give them their item back because of the word rainbow, and it's like "Woah, dude, I don't have it."