Tossed aside, luck has it's way

Tis the season, or so they say

Just for what it's worth.

Wounded, the pain, now so much greater

Store it away, reserve it for later

The pressure builds, myth or dictator

Pinch me to awaken.

17 answers to this question

There are these rocks where alot of shipwrecks are called The Manacles, where there are a lot of shipwrecks. They found a cast-iron cannon, and cast-iron can refer to ferrous alloys, which could be the special compound. So is cast-iron the answer?

Edited by NickFleming

sleep?

Wait no that's not it....

correct, not it, but thanks for waking this one up.

There are these rocks where alot of shipwrecks are called The Manacles, where there are a lot of shipwrecks. They found a cast-iron cannon, and cast-iron can refer to ferrous alloys, which could be the special compound. So is cast-iron the answer?

and not that. good thinking re trying meanings of words other than those expected from their context.

Thanks lol.... I'm going to be trying to think of answer to this one all night lol. Oops I repeated something in that answer....

Edited by NickFleming

Energy? Heard of course from underground could be geothermal energy, manacles bound could be potential energy, store it away reserve it for later definitely makes sense.......

All I can think of lol

Energy? Heard of course from underground could be geothermal energy, manacles bound could be potential energy, store it away reserve it for later definitely makes sense.......

All I can think of lol

good thoughts all but not relevant to this answer i'm afraid. please keep at it, it will come

Is it an onion? An onion stores energy for the plant, see my answer energy, it was fed to workers in Egypt, which could be myth or dictator, since Egyptian kings were rather tyrannical, and Egypt had its good share of mythology. The worker thing could also be where I slave each day line. Onions grow underground. Just for what its worth line could refer to when you say something worth a common onion, and if you rubbed onion juice in a wound it might hurt more. There's probably a planting, harvesting, etc. season for onions. And according to wikipedia they contain "chemical compounds believed to have anti-inflammatory, anticholesterol, anticancer, and antioxidant properties such as quercetin"

Edited by NickFleming

You said Store it away, reserve it for later and Pinch me to awaken. Are it and me the same thing?

a very good and fair question. they are not the same thing. "me" is the subject (answer) to the riddle but not the "it"

EDIT:

Is it an onion? An onion stores energy for the plant, see my answer energy, it was fed to workers in Egypt, which could be myth or dictator, since Egyptian kings were rather tyrannical, and Egypt had its good share of mythology. The worker thing could also be where I slave each day line. Onions grow underground. Just for what its worth line could refer to when you say something worth a common onion, and if you rubbed onion juice in a wound it might hurt more. There's probably a planting, harvesting, etc. season for onions. And according to wikipedia they contain "chemical compounds believed to have anti-inflammatory, anticholesterol, anticancer, and antioxidant properties such as quercetin"

more good thinking but still not it

Edited by plainglazed

salt or salt water

Right on! Well done, sir.

In no ordinary cellar found - used to be or sometimes still kept in (salt) cellars

Heard of course, from underground - common and known to come from below ground; also PoW heard (phonetically) of course (coarse) when not finely ground

A special compound, in manacles bound - PoW - maNaCles

Mine is but a home. - found in (salt) mines

Back to where I slave each day - and an idiom reference - "back to the salt mines" meaning to return to work

Tossed aside, luck has it's way - salt thrown over the shoulder for luck or to ward off bad luck

Tis the season, or so they say - maybe the most common seasoning

Just for what it's worth. - another idiom reference - "worth its salt" meaning justified value

Wounded, the pain, now so much greater - as in "salt in your wound"

Store it away, reserve it for later - another definition of salt

The pressure builds, myth or dictator - salt proportedly is bad for high blood pressure

Pinch me to awaken. - a "pinch of salt" to add a little zest/enliven/wake up

Endless (A)t Las(t)