BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Evidence of God's Design

^ Hook me up wit' sources to yo' statistics broski.

Do you have any idea why we need a new flu shot every season? Here, here's a multiple choice question for you.

a) God is evil and tries killing us with knew things when his first plan fails

b) The virus is mutating (aka EVOLVING), and we need to defend ourselves with something capable of handing this new version of the virus

c) New viruses appear spontaneously, it's just a coincidence that they cause similar effects

d) None of the above, I'm an idiot

(..Or am I thinking of bacterial diseases..? I know viruses can't reproduce outside of their host cell.)

I have never had a Flu shot. Ever. Have only gotten the Flu once. 1998 I remember cause I only had it once.

Do you have any idea why we need a new flu shot every season? Here, here's a multiple choice question for you.

b) The virus is mutating (aka EVOLVING), and we need to defend ourselves with something capable of handing this new version of the virus

c) New viruses appear spontaneously, it's just a coincidence that they cause similar effects

(..Or am I thinking of bacterial diseases..? I know viruses can't reproduce outside of their host cell.)

For a) God is not evil, not to say there isn't evil out there though. :o

My statistics, Hey these are from your scientists, you should have notes somewhere. If not start looking into what scientific evolutionists are writing. :duh:

Sorry andromeda, it is one of plasmid's links, just that it was a very long one and did not want to attach :blink:

You misunderstood, I meant that you could provide a link to a website/article where you read that so I could read it too :) about discarding the theory that we and apes descended from the common ancestor.

Michael Denton, Evolution: A Theory in Crisis, London: Burnett Books, 1985, p. 326-329

Francis Hitching, The Neck of the giraffe: Where Darwin Went Wrong, London: Pan Books, 1982

Richard Dawkins, The Blind Watchmaker 1986 Penguin: London 1991,

Fichard Dawkins, Zoologist and Professor for the public understanding of Science, Oxford University, "Darwin Triumphant: Darwinism as a Universal Truth,"

Lee Spetner, Not By Chance! New York: The Judaica Press, 1998

Stephen Jay Gould, The Panda's Thumb, New York.

Duane T. Gish, The Amazing Story of Creation from Science and the Bible. 1990

GOD, THE ANCIENT OF DAYS, I AM, you know JESUS, THE BIBLE: 2000 b.c. up to 65 a.d.

Alright bro, let's math it up.

I have a deck of 52 cards. I lay them all out face up in a random order on the table. There is a one in 52! chance that the cards would have landed like this. This is about 1 in 8*10^67. MATHEMATICAL IMPROBABILITY, IT MUST NOT HAVE HAPPENED.

In fact, give me 10,000 cards. Then there's a 1 in 10000! chance the cards would have landed like that. Gmoozzzz, so impossible, it can NEVER HAPPEN.

Your point fails.

:lol:

Alright bro, let's math it up.

I have a deck of 52 cards. I lay them all out face up in a random order on the table. There is a one in 52! chance that the cards would have landed like this. This is about 1 in 8*10^67. MATHEMATICAL IMPROBABILITY, IT MUST NOT HAVE HAPPENED.

In fact, give me 10,000 cards. Then there's a 1 in 10000! chance the cards would have landed like that. Gmoozzzz, so impossible, it can NEVER HAPPEN.

Your point fails.

Well that was intelligent, I guess you do have that 1 chance to hope for or in or on. Point taken. Just not going to put all my eggs in that or should I say CARDS IN THAT BOX. :lol:

No dude, it isn't about that once chance. I could have arranged those 52 or 10,000 cards in any other order, and my results would be different, but life would have still evolved because the material was there in the first place. We wouldn't be human and we wouldn't be here, but evolution is geared toward humans, so that doesn't matter.

No dude, it isn't about that once chance. I could have arranged those 52 or 10,000 cards in any other order, and my results would be different, but life would have still evolved because the material was there in the first place. We wouldn't be human and we wouldn't be here, but evolution is geared toward humans, so that doesn't matter.

Evolution isn't geared towards human. Sorry, massive typo that changes the meaning entirely. :duh:

ok hambone but i am sorry but you seemed to have not actually read my post. EVOLUTION IS A FACT. this is non debatable. what you are trying to debate is the cration of life. another matter entirely. The theory of evolution was written by Charles Darwin. he believed in god. No where in his theory did he mention how life was created he was talking about how life changed/evolved. they are 2 different things! Now for everyone who likes to mess up the two please please please read the original document!!!

Sorry for the exclamations but i am an amateur historian with a scientific background and have discovered that only by reading the original texts can you find out what someone actually wrote. Far far far too often people read works witten by a third party to explain something and never read the actual subject they are trying to learn. this adds an inherent bias that never gets removed. so once again the theory of evolution was written by Charles Darwin, he believed in god and does not use it to explain how life was created only how it evolved.

Please please please stop confusion the term evolution with the term creation. they do not mean the same thing.

Yes people have expanded on the theory of evolution to try and explain the creation of life etc. but just because you find that that part is not completly proven 100% does not mean anything. The theory of evolution is called a theory but is a scientific fact!!!!! please go check it out. The whole bit about microbes doesnt convince you then do some research, fish, frogs and birds (probably a lot more as well) have all EVOLVED in the last 100 years, some naturally, some in labs. (not not all fish/frogs/brids just some species so dont get cute) The Theory has been proven!! now the descent of man is still up for debate but like i said the evedince is strongly leaning towards Darwin.

now along the lines of reading the original documents. if you have not read the bible in its original language you have not read the bible! it seems most of you are americans and seem to deal with only english (maybe spanish depending on where you are) but i live in Canada the great white north (32C and everthing turning brown due to heat today) I also work in a technical field. We have documents in english and french. i cannot tell you how many times i have found discrepencies in translations of the same document. I will always refer to the document in the language that it was written to get the right answer. usually english but occasionally french.

knowing this just think.

old testament mostly written in ancient hebrew then translated to greek then often latin then english. you dont think there are errors???

new testament written in greek and or latin, greek parts translated to latin then all is translated to english. again it is 100% impossible due to differences in languages that the bible you read in english is exactly the same as it was written. some terms cannot be translated. some mistakes are made just out of simple error. if memory serves 2k years ago there was no copy/paste or spellcheck.

Final point all religions were created by man in order to control man. doesnt men a god or gods do not exist it only means that people can be bad and will use anything to control others.

Come on Quag, I am not proving or trying to prove evolution does not exist or happen, I am showing why life did not happen by chance. You are right most religions were created by man. THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUTH. Jesus is the Truth. :thumbsup:

Spelling.

Edited by hambone

I can show legal and scientific evidence of Jesus Christ and the fact he is risen from the dead. Though just like the scientists that have come to see that the Universe and everything in it was By Creation [ GOD ] that you will not accept, you would not accept anything else that shows the existence of ONE TRUE GOD. :wacko::huh::duh:

now along the lines of reading the original documents. if you have not read the bible in its original language you have not read the bible! it seems most of you are americans and seem to deal with only english (maybe spanish depending on where you are) but i live in Canada the great white north (32C and everthing turning brown due to heat today) I also work in a technical field. We have documents in english and french. i cannot tell you how many times i have found discrepencies in translations of the same document. I will always refer to the document in the language that it was written to get the right answer. usually english but occasionally french.

knowing this just think.

old testament mostly written in ancient hebrew then translated to greek then often latin then english. you dont think there are errors???

new testament written in greek and or latin, greek parts translated to latin then all is translated to english. again it is 100% impossible due to differences in languages that the bible you read in english is exactly the same as it was written. some terms cannot be translated. some mistakes are made just out of simple error. if memory serves 2k years ago there was no copy/paste or spellcheck.

Final point all religions were created by man in order to control man. doesnt men a god or gods do not exist it only means that people can be bad and will use anything to control others.

I agree. There are also many versions of the bible, and I can imagine that many of those who transcribed the book, centuries ago, added some of their own "wisdom" ^_^

I can show legal and scientific evidence of Jesus Christ and the fact he is risen from the dead. Though just like the scientists that have come to see that the Universe and everything in it was By Creation [ GOD ] that you will not accept, you would not accept anything else that shows the existence of ONE TRUE GOD. :wacko::huh::duh:

then show the evidence

Hambone you were decrying the theory of evolution but not making the distinction between the acutal theory and people who use it to try and describe the creation of life. I am glad that you admit evolution exists. particually as someone mentioned it is just a theory. you did after all quote the laws of thermodynamics which technically is also just a theory. As to life happening by chance or not, maybe it did maybe it didn't. I dont pretend to know and you cannot pretend to know either. You can claim to BELIEVE one thing or another however. As to jesus existing i have no problems with that. Rising from the dead hmm id love to see your proof, but people being declared dead than coming back to life is something that has happened to a lot more people than just Jesus, so if that is your "proof" in jesus's divinity it is, i am sorry to say, not proof.

I would like to know why you believe all other religions are bogus but christianity isn't. Seems to me it is just as bogus as all the others.

*note* i just pointed out any belief in jesus coming back from the dead dont cut the mustard so try another one.

Why skip the point He raised from the dead, start with this one. It is a remarkable point. What year do you think the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) were written? There is archaeological evidence of this, not just the Bible. What time period was it written? This is going somewhere be patient. -_-

Why skip the part of raising from the dead? again i get the feeling you didnt read my post (i know i tend to be long winded) ok here goes again. There have been many many instanced of people thought to have been dead rising up again. the whole saved by the bell things was started in victorian england when people were so afraid of being falsey declared dead and then buried alive, that bells were attached to the coffins via stings so that if someone "rose" from the dead the dead shift or night watchman could dig them up and save them. Assuming your archeological evidence exists (still havent seen you give any proof) then what is more likely a guy claiming to be son of god arises in a small insignificant area of the wolrd 2k years ago (again why not china??) actually being the son of god? or possibly awaking from a coma and appearing to rise from the dead? the first would be laughable if so many people hadnt died because of it. the second is entirely plausible and has been proven to have happened on a number of occasions. but then maybe they were all gods sons/daughters.