BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Evidence of God's Design

Actually, no. What I seek to do is, for those who want to, explain why the ideas and support for theism is weak and false. I do NOT try to deconvert people, nor do I care if you do. But since you mentioned Pascal's wager, I attacked it.

Those who don't want to discuss it, I don't discuss it with (unlike those door to door Jehovah's witness people. Who I have had the fortune to avoid thus far in my short 16 year lifespan).

Are you guys TRYING to convert me to atheist? :dry:

I didn't mean to. I was just showing my opinion. You have to be open minded about this like when they talk about evolution in science class. Even if you don't believe in it because you believe God created the world, you still have to listen to your teacher, or else you fail on the test.

• Upvote 1

@Unreality It is easier to see that bootstrapping the universe could be done by something smaller in size but more complex, in which case redundancy would be evidence for a God/Universe of this kind. How would something as intricate as the universe be generated from something that is greatly less complex?

You mean you aren't a militant atheist I presume. I'm not either. I don't argue with people unless they specifically want to. Then, of course, I try to woop them, if you know what I mean =)

I mean that my parents are Christian and I don't them to believe that I MIGHT not believe in God, although I do have faith that he does. Its just that no proof has came so far and that leaves me in doubt.

I'm not really sure what my aprents are, they used to go to church till one day there was a sermon that made my folks really angry and now they don`t go. Maybe they believe in god, I'm not sure but I know they don't like organized religion.

Oh. My parents are Christian too, but thankfully they're very accepting. I think that as long as your parents aren't like psycho-christians, they'll be just as accepting. Of course, I don't know your parents, so...

I really don't know if they are really acceptive, and I don't think I will test that theory anytime soon.

Hello...God bless you all

I believe in God for a very simple,uncomplicated reason,

If anyone asks me a very easy mathmatical question, e.g.(If the sum of 2 numbers is 17 ,and the difference between them is 1...what are the numbers?)

My brain will assume the first number to be (X) , simply, because I don`t know the answer, now....Is (X) a real number?....YES it is.

Does it exsist?...YES....and so on.

Old people saw all around,human,creatures,earth,stars.....without knowing where did they come from....so they assume that there is someone who creates all these things, they gave him the name(GOD) insted of (X)...So he is real and exsists.

• Upvote 1

If anyone asks me a very easy mathmatical question, e.g.(If the sum of 2 numbers is 17 ,and the difference between them is 1...what are the numbers?)

My brain will assume the first number to be (X) , simply, because I don`t know the answer, now....Is (X) a real number?....YES it is.

Old people saw all around,human,creatures,earth,stars.....without knowing where did they come from....so they assume that there is someone who creates all these things, they gave him the name(GOD) insted of (X)...So he is real and exsists.

Just to be clear you believe god exists because someone/thing had to create the universe?

• Upvote 1

8 and 9. It took me a second, but I got it.

• Upvote 1