BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Evidence of God's Design

Here is another really cool thing to look at. My link

My point sometimes is What are the odds, this wasp has an immunity? All the things that I have pointed out, even the ones I was called an idiot (and some other wonderfully colorful commentary) for, what are the odds.

Here is another really cool thing to look at. My link

My point sometimes is What are the odds, this wasp has an immunity? All the things that I have pointed out, even the ones I was called an idiot (and some other wonderfully colorful commentary) for, what are the odds.

I'm beginning to think that you don't know the first thing about molecular genetics and/or biochemistry?! Not even the basics dude. :huh:

Have fun in church :) if that is even remotely possible :P

I'm beginning to think that you don't know the first thing about molecular genetics and/or biochemistry?! Not even the basics dude. :huh:

Have fun in church :) if that is even remotely possible :P

My edit time was out.

Wasp is immune to what?

There are nearly one million known species of insects and an estimated 10 million undescribed ones. Why would God go through such an ordeal, creating so many insects?

No your right, but I can drum the hell out of a 7 piece Tama. That's what I do. Church is always interesting and fun... and never the same twice. 9:45 now gotta go, talk to ya later. Golf today too so probably check in tonight.

My edit time was out.

Wasp is immune to what?

There are nearly one million known species of insects and an estimated 10 million undescribed ones. Why would God go through such an ordeal, creating so many insects?

I have to go. Immune to the damn spider bite, it is deadly for everyone else down there. :thumbsup:

hambone: It happened through evolution. Laying eggs on the spider turned out to work, so the behavior was kept. Not saying that this proves God doesn't exist, as I think He does and He started evolution, but that's how it happened.

Izzy: Where do you find this stuff????????? =)

As for (2), I'm not equipped to explain evolution. There are others who are:

- dawh

- octopuppy

- ADParker

I can't do it justice

I will bite on this.

This is why evolution is such an amazing process. It is very simple...take random mutations over many generation, apply natural selection (an un-random act of letting those that are unfit die) and you can achieve extreme complexity in a relatively short amount of time.

The brain is a perfect example of this. It looks exactly like you would expect if it had evolved in fits and starts not as if it was designed by an intelligent creator. There are many parts of the brain that are not very efficient but they work good enough. That is all that evolution cares about. There is a book called Cludge which explains the evolution of the brain better than I can.

Complexity = God is not a very good analogy. In nature you find things that are incredibly complex, which is what you would expect to find if things evolved incrementally over time, without fore-though or intelligence, operating on the principals of natural selection.

The entire concept of complexity or chaotic systems arising from very simple rules is the basis of evolution and even most of science. It was revolutionary in its time and seems counter intuitive to many people even today.

I have to go. Immune to the damn spider bite, it is deadly for everyone else down there. :thumbsup:

I don't wanna burst your bubble, but did you actually read the article? :duh:

It says nothing about tarantula stinging a tarantula hawk. It only says and I quote:

Body lengths measures up to two inches, and the wasps are rather robust, which provides good protection during encounters with tarantulas.

It says nothing about being immune to their venom?!

1. They require a spider to serve as host for their larvae.

2. A female wasp finds a tarantula by smell.

3. She then attempts to sting the spider.

4. Once stung, the tarantula becomes paralyzed within seconds.

5. She will drag it back into its own burrow, now a burial vault, lay a single egg on the spider’s abdomen, then seal the chamber.

6. The egg hatches and the small larva of the tarantula hawk feeds on the tarantula's insides.

The adult tarantula hawks are feeding on nectar.

How does this has to do anything with Intelligent Design, this is just an adaptation.

You avoided answering my question though... :dry:

This seamed to get left behind. If man wrote the Bible, like you all say, and the Bible's job is to Validate Jesus Christ as the Son of God, for all us little people, (stupid,weak,base,sick,lonely) of the World. Who otherwise have no hope. If that is it's job, for the Love of God the Temple was the center of the World to these people. Read world history, you don't have to read about it in the Bible. Why when scripture was written to say He said it would be torn down, and less than 40 years later it happened, and No mention of it? Not one of the brilliant writers 100, 300, 3000 years later can think to mention the destruction of the Temple after they took the time to mention Jesus saying it would happen.

Someone please tell me what they think about this statement.

Original post

There is a scripture in the Bible that says Jesus said about the Temple of Solomon "You see all these stones here before you, I tell you the truth, not one stone will be left upon another until all be torn down". Okay, no big deal right? That temple was destroyed in 70 a.d. when Titus of Rome sacked Jerusalem. World History. That however is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible. Though we know it happened. If men wrote and or changed the Word or precious scriptures as you say, why then did it not read something like this, somewhere in the Bible "And just like Jesus predicted or said, in 70 a.d. Titus of Rome destroyed the Temple, burned it to the ground (and because of the amount of Gold they used in the building of it) and when they did the gold melted into cracks and crevices. Men broke even debris apart looking for gold. Not one stone left upon another." The reason it's not in there, It had not happened yet. That simple.
Edited by hambone

My edit time was out.

Wasp is immune to what?

I'm sorry andromeda, is this the question I didn't answer? I don't know, food for frogs?

I'm sorry andromeda, is this the question I didn't answer? I don't know, food for frogs?

Nope. This is.

OK then what logic did God use when he created hermaphrodites?? (Hermaphrodites are organisms with both male and female reproductive organs)

But, never mind.

"I would also like to know if you do or do not believe in Divine creation."

Hey ham,

Have read through this thread after coming back from holiday. You obviously have strong beliefs. I don't. I do however believe in evolution, so can't go along with your evidence for divine creation. Where,how and why it all started....God knows! :thumbsup:

"I would also like to know if you do or do not believe in Divine creation."

Hey ham,

Have read through this thread after coming back from holiday. You obviously have strong beliefs. I don't. I do however believe in evolution, so can't go along with your evidence for divine creation. Where,how and why it all started....God knows! :thumbsup:

Hey Wilson, doesn't sound like you saw any of the Open Championship. I voted your reply up one, because it was very non-hateful toward how I believe. Yes strong belief system. How u been?

... Cause he can...

Why do you choose your religion over others? Choose theories over others? "cause you can"? A "just cause" answer doesn't quite cut it. Infact it makes you look... like not an "analytical thinker", acutally, not a thinker at all. A "just cause" answer means you are leaving things by chance and not making decisions in a logical manner.

If you were trying to help Hambone, you didn't. Are you assuming he's a "just cause" guy?

What do your biology books say?

I wanted to know your answer on this, but I knew you wouldn't answer...

Could I have an answer? I'll gladly answer your question afterwards.

I wanted to know your answer on this, but I knew you wouldn't answer...

Could I have an answer? I'll gladly answer your question afterwards.

Roberto I recommend you read this entire thread then ask me again If your answer was not found. :rolleyes:

Lots of people have commented on this thread. Most of which are those of you who do not believe in Intelligent Design or God created. That means you must believe what biologist say. Which is that the earth is 4.7 billion years old, mostly based on an outcrop of rocks in Scotland. They say that the Earth started out as a molten planet then cooled. Question: Where did all the water come from that covers the earth?

The astronomer John D. Barrow has written about the significance of the Anthropic Principle. he noted that water, one of the most vital elements in the existence for all life, is an incredibly unusual and unlikely element to have formed in our Universe unless it were purposely designed by God. He wrote: "Water is actually one of the strangest substances known to science. This may seem a rather odd thing to say about a substance as familiar but it is surely true. Its specific heat, its surface tension, and most of its other physical properties have values anomalously higher or lower than those of any other known material. The fact that its solid phase is less dense than its liquid phase (ice floats) is virtually a unique property. The fact that ice floats allows aquatic life to exist in cold temperature zones. These aspects or the chemical and physical structure of water have been noted before, for instance by the authors of Bridgewater Treatises in the 1830s and by Henderson in 1913, who also pointed out that these strange properties make water a uniquely useful liquid and that basis for living things. John D. Barrow and Frank J. Tipler, THE ANTHROPIC COSMOLOGICAL PRINCIPLE, 1986, Oxford University Press: Oxford UK, 1996, reprint, p. 524.

Edit:

Edited by hambone

There are a couple of theories (I'm just telling you, I myself believe in God):

1. A comet

2. From the primordial soup

I know you believe in God. Could a comet or even a barrage of comets bring that much water? Biologists believe it was from a massive meteorite invasion "possibly". Although if that is what they say, Why then did the moon not get bombarded with the same meteorite attack and have a 2/3 coverage of water like the Earth does?

The soup idea, The planet molten and at an estimated 8000 degrees fahrenheit would evaporate any moisture, then cool. There is an awful lot of water on this planet. Where did the soup come from?

Any other thoughts? Where did all this water come from?