BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Evidence of God's Design

After thinking about this question for a while I would ask a similar question. Why would God give us Free will if He knows that eternal life could be spent in Hell?

Good for you. However, that does not prove you've been active at a church for the last 14 years, and doesn't get rid of your troll status.

I am beginning to realize that you don't understand what I am saying. I was saying I am closer to you than you might realize sometimes.

OK now that I know what trolling is, I disagree. hambone is simply someone who is defending his religion. I went through confirmation, and I know that the courage to defend your religion even if someone persecutes you is a gift of the holy spirit. Thus, I see hambone as a good Christian, not a troll.

(Dammit hambone, if I'm defending you for nothing... :lol: )

By saying survive do you mean as a species of Human Beings, or survive as to not starve to death if possible?

Individually I meant, not as a species :)

Starve to death, being mangled to death, strangled, raped and killed, axed, hanged, stabbed, shot, beheaded, eaten by a bear, you take a pick. If you had lived a life of virtue and you are facing violent death, why do you struggle to survive? Or better yet, you are lost in the Amazonian jungle, or Alaskan wilderness, or floating on a raft in the Pacific Ocean, facing horrible death, WHY do you struggle to survive? Remember you are a good person and you have nothing to be afraid of when you face God and his judgement. You are facing an infinite time in Heaven, no pain, no more struggle, why do you fight with every fibber of your being for one more breath?

Why did God give us SURVIVAL INSTINCT if there's afterlife?!

EDIT: I did it. :lol::thumbsup: The Quote thing that is.

You can quote up to 10 times in one post ;)

Okay. When Israel would celebrate passover, the priest would take two goats. One was sacrificed for the Lord the other would have the sins of Israel applied to it, by the laying on of hands of the priest. The (scapegoat) as it became to be known, was released into the wilderness. Both were identical goats or twins. The goat that died for the Lord went through a brutal examination. Or trials. First the priests would examine the outside of the goat, the mouth, eye's, hoofs, to check for disease. Then slit it's throat and take it's skin of to look for bruises. Then split the goat in half, look inside for cancers or disease, then cut it's organs open. If anything did not pass the inspection the goat was rejected as having spot of blemish and not fit for the passover sacrifice.

While all this was going on Jesus the Son of God was standing before the people and Pilot, with Barabbas. Bar in the Hebrew language means "son of" Abba means "father". You had Jesus "Son of the Father" and Barabbas "son of the father".

One was released to the people with his sin still on him (a murderer) while Jesus was sent to be crucified. Only after 5 trials, The High priest, Caiaphas, Herod, back to Caiaphas to Pilot to the Roman Guards back to Pilot. Pilot washed his hands and Declared the "he found no fault in this man" A sacrifice worthy of God. No sin.

It is tradition that when the scapegoat died in the wilderness that a scarlet thread turned miraculously white. (though your sin be as Scarlett they will appear white as snow) It was a sign from God. The scapegoat had a thread tied around its horn, the one to die for God had a thread around its neck. Three threads. Three men (one of them God, or Jesus, all God but all man). One died for God = Jesus. One died with his sin on him = The thief that said "If your god get us down save us and yourself" but he was angry and really did not believe in his heart. He died with his sin on him. But one changed.= The thief that said "Remember me in your kingdom" all the wrong words, all the right heart. Jesus said to him "Today you will be with me in Paradise".

Everyone will have the opportunity to accept that. Though that is the plan. Not everyone will. Remember: Pride was found in Satan in Heaven, was cast out with a 1/3 of the angels. Don't think God wants that again. So Free will. I believe if we are Out of Free Will able to Worship him now. Pride will not be found in us when were in Heaven. I believe we will replace the 1/3 of the Heavenly Hosts that were tossed.

Individually I meant, not as a species :)

Starve to death, being mangled to death, strangled, raped and killed, axed, hanged, stabbed, shot, beheaded, eaten by a bear, you take a pick. If you had lived a life of virtue and you are facing violent death, why do you struggle to survive? Or better yet, you are lost in the Amazonian jungle, or Alaskan wilderness, or floating on a raft in the Pacific Ocean, facing horrible death, WHY do you struggle to survive? Remember you are a good person and you have nothing to be afraid of when you face God and his judgement. You are facing an infinite time in Heaven, no pain, no more struggle, why do you fight with every fibber of your being for one more breath?

Why did God give us SURVIVAL INSTINCT if there's afterlife?!

You can quote up to 10 times in one post ;)

Well I don't know if everyone feels that way. I will give you examples. Some people that don't know the Truth may feel that way, though I don't think that the desire to live has anything to do with where you will spend eternity. Or even the fact that there is an after life. I'll be back.

Edited by hambone

Well I don't know if everyone feels that way. I will give you examples. Some people that don't know the Truth may feel that way, though I don't think that the desire to live has anything to do with where you will spend eternity.

I'm talking about people that believe in Heaven and God and all that stuff, prey to God to survive.

Why did God give us survival instinct if there's an afterlife?

Start your answer with: God has given us survival instinct because___________________________________________________.*

*fill in the blank

I'm not mocking you I'm being curious?! :) It's OK not to know the answer.

I'm talking about people that believe in Heaven and God and all that stuff, prey to God to survive.

Why did God give us survival instinct if there's an afterlife?

Start your answer with: God has given us survival instinct because___________________________________________________.*

*fill in the blank

I'm not mocking you I'm being curious?! :) It's OK not to know the answer.

Okay, God has given us survival instinct because that is what He chose to do so, instead of just being born and killing us all and taking us to Heaven before we sin. I believe my answer is almost as silly as the question really. Having a desire to live or survive does not mean there is no God. Not all people have held on to this life at a time of facing death. Let me give you some examples.

Thanks for debating skill lessons BTW. ^_^

gvg, check out the Proud to be American thread. Stars and Spangles and G&U&C were only stating what they believed and why, but they were undoubtedly trolling. This is a spinoff of the same thing, make a little less extreme.

...Or.. I dunno. Poe's Law, anyone?

what you are basicly saying is, just because those things are complex, there is no way that in 1000s of years of generations, those connections and neurons and stuff coulnd't have been build up?

so just because it's complex, evolution is wrong..

that doesn't make any sense to me.

and it's not that for example the brain chooses which connections it makes, but that it seeks connections with all the other brainscells around it. that doesn't sound like only-god-could-have-think-about-it level of complex

Okay, God has given us survival instinct because that is what He chose to do so, instead of just being born and killing us all and taking us to Heaven before we sin. I believe my answer is almost as silly as the question really. Having a desire to live or survive does not mean there is no God. Not all people have held on to this life at a time of facing death. Let me give you some examples.

This question was asked so you'd think logically. Usually you just whip something out of the bible and answer with that.

OK my question is: What was God's logic when He had chosen to give us survival instinct even though He created afterlife for everyone to infinitely enjoy.

My answer would be (for the sake of argument) that He'd given us survival instinct so He wouldn't have to do the creation thing over and over again. Cause if we don't have an instinct to survive, we wouldn't struggle to survive, we wouldn't care if we die, so the number of people would be rapidly decimating, and God would have to dedicate a WHOLE DAY to create us yet again. :rolleyes:

Instead of thinking of a logical solution you said because He had chosen to do so, yeah but WHY? You say that He created a perfect world, so He must have used logic, right?

OK then what logic did God use when he created hermaphrodites?? (Hermaphrodites are organisms with both male and female reproductive organs)

No more bible, just logic, and because He had chosen to do so is not an answer, cause God did not create something out of caprice! He must have used logic. :rolleyes:

Thanks for debating skill lessons BTW. ^_^

You're welcome :D now only if you'd implement some of them :lol:

Edited by andromeda

Izzy your videos are a riot :lol: . Andromeda your probably one of the only people that can make a point about something and not sound like your holding a machete while making it. unfire, that's what I'm saying buddy, and you want to talk to me about a multiple Universe theory or some other idea just as wacko to me. It is MY (caps are not yelling) MY MY MY mine all mine Get it for Goodness sake these are reasons that make sense, to me.

Okay I have a question for you guy's, meaning There's no God people. Explain to me and everyone about the Amazon water lilies. How they grow and pollinate?

A personal message I sent to Quag, a simple question really: it's not private, though I don't think he will be back to this thread. So I'll print in below. I think it's a good question.

There is a scripture in the Bible that says Jesus said about the Temple of Solomon "You see all these stones here before you, I tell you the truth, not one stone will be left upon another until all be torn down". Okay, no big deal right? That temple was destroyed in 70 a.d. when Titus of Rome sacked Jerusalem. World History. That however is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible. Though we know it happened. If men wrote and or changed the Word or precious scriptures as you say, why then did it not read something like this, somewhere in the Bible "And just like Jesus predicted or said, in 70 a.d. Titus of Rome destroyed the Temple, burned it to the ground (and because of the amount of Gold they used in the building of it) and when they did the gold melted into cracks and crevices. Men broke even debris apart looking for gold. Not one stone left upon another." The reason it's not in there, It had not happened yet. That simple.

This seamed to get left behind. If man wrote the Bible, like you all say, and the Bible's job is to Validate Jesus Christ as the Son of God, for all us little people, (stupid,weak,base,sick,lonely) of the World. Who otherwise have no hope. If that is it's job, for the Love of God the Temple was the center of the World to these people. Read world history, you don't have to read about it in the Bible. Why when scripture was written to say He said it would be torn down, and less than 40 years later it happened, and No mention of it? Not one of the brilliant writers 100, 300, 3000 years later can think to mention the destruction of the Temple after they took the time to mention Jesus saying it would happen.

Okay I have a question for you guy's, meaning There's no God people. Explain to me and everyone about the Amazon water lilies. How they grow and pollinate?

I don't see the point, but it's actually pretty amazing :)

Night-time pollination

First evening: The pure-white flowers open during the evening with a pineapple-like fragrance. A chemical reaction inside the flower heats the bloom to as much as 12°C (20°F) above the ambient temperature, helping to disperse the perfume and attract the scarab beetle pollinator (Cylocephata castaneal). This flower is initially female and receptive to pollen carried by a beetle from another flower.

Second evening: As daylight approaches the flower shuts, trapping the beetle. During the day, the flower becomes male and produces pollen that coats the beetle as it tries to escape. The flower reopens the following evening as a dark pink. This colour is unattractive the pollen-coated beetle which travels to another white flower.

If you are interested, google it next time ;)

Aren't you supposed to be in church? Is there a recess during the service? :huh:

:thumbsup: andromeda, I know about the lily I've seen them. What is really cool is after the beetle is let go the lily changes colors to a pink. The beetle is attracted to the white blooms, it changes color so the beetle does not bring it's own pollen back to it. That is just another stupid reason for Intelligent Design.

Church is at 10:00 a.m. to about 1:00.

EDIT: I would rather talk to everyone on this level. You see it as amazing, and I know you don't believe in God, while I see it as evidence of God's Design. I don't hate you or think your an idiot for believing the way you do, and pretty sure you don't think I'm an idiot for believing the way I do.

Edited by hambone