BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Our brains emit electric pulses. We have complicated machines to read these pulses. I believe that when we die, the pulses from our brain reach a frequency that our complicated machines can't read. I believe this frequency matches the earth's magnetic field. In a sense, we meld with the earth. Our minds are at a higher state of awareness than normal, so it is like an everlasting shared lucid dream. This would explain many near death experiences. People in comas often report seeing heaven. This "heaven" is in my opinion, what they expect to see, and therefore, what they do see.

What do you believe?

Edited by Blablah99

• Answers 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You don't believe because you choose not to.

And you believe because you choose to?

It all comes down to faith, that's what it boils down to. Are you saying that Muslims are wrong? That Hindus are wrong? That Buddhists are wrong?

edit: and EDM, there's a major difference between OBEs and NDEs.

Edited by unreality

And you believe because you choose to?

It all comes down to faith, that's what it boils down to. Are you saying that Muslims are wrong? That Hindus are wrong? That Buddhists are wrong?

edit: and EDM, there's a major difference between OBEs and NDEs.

Evidence, it comes down to Evidence. Prove to me Jesus is not and I will prove to you that HE IS.

EDM, sorry, this forum is way too public for me to elaborate on the experiences I have had, OBE, drug induced, or otherwise. You mind tricks you either way, which is why NO ONE has EVER been able to gather any physical evidence of a soul. It's all mental. People have been given dissociative drugs and hooked up to those machines that show you the parts of the brain that are lit up during them. The results are conclusive. Do some research.

I have read the Bible, several Buddhist scriptures, some of the Koran, and various other things. Some of it was to pass time, other bits were for a pretty intense world religious course I took (and got an A in, so don't think I blew it off).

I didn't call God a jackass. I said he WOULD be one if he punished people for not knowing better.

Actually, there are currently attempts to recreate the big bang at CERN using the LHC. Earth can also be (somewhat) recreated by closing off some stuff in a water bottle (haha, we did this in like second grade). It rained in there. Did I create rain? No, but I certainly recreated it. We can clone humans (even though we don't actively). If I do, does that make me as magical as God? Doesn't seem like a difficult feat.

Hambone gets it. This is boring/pointless.

No, seriously, entirely unrelated, why did you quit (you can PM me).

unreality.....i was actually trying to answer a previous statement......

I'm with hambone.....Jesus exists; we know it.......if you don't want to believe; fine by me.......

But i'll stick to answering the question which started this: What do I believe about life after death? There is one and I'll be smiling from there when it's time....... :D :D :D

Muhammad is still in his grave as is buddha and whatever that thing is that Hindus pray to. Still dead.

you obviously have little to no knowledge of other religions:

1) Muhammad is not prayed to by Muslims. In fact the entire religion of Islam came about as a response to idolatry (worshipping things that are not true God(s)). The city of Mecca was full of marketplace-idolatry, with gods and commerce intertwined. Muhammad was said to be visited by the archangel to bring "Allah"s will to the people. The Quran is supposed to be an exact copy of a book existing in heaven, transmitted to Muhammad by the angel. You may have heard that Muslims do not like Muhammad to be portrayed, in picture/movie/sound/etc, not even reverently - because THEY DO NOT WORSHIP MUHAMMAD. They accept Jesus as a prophet, Muhammad as a greater prophet, but the whole thing with Islam is "submission" (that's what the word 'islam' means) to the greater being, Allah. To them, it's ridiculous and insulting to suggest that humans like Jesus and Muhammad can have godlike status. Hence you are confusing your own Christian beliefs and do not understand that Muslims worship no man as a god but rather God as God. Muhammad lived like a man and died like a man; he was no god. So yes his grave is full and the Muslims are okay with that. They believe Jesus was not resurrected either.

2) Buddha was also not a god. There is no official god in Buddhism, rather a life force and energy of the Universe. Buddhism can actually be incorporated as a life philosophy into many other religions. Buddha became enlightened, reaching a state that any human can reach (though some sects of Buddhism hold that it takes multiple cycles of reincarnation to reach nirvana and become freed from the cycle). But Buddha is no god, and Buddha died as the man he was. A great man, yes. An intelligent man, yes. A man that brought words of wisdom to a whole subcontinent and SE asia, yes yes yes. But he has never been considered a God even by the most devout of Buddhists, just like Muslims think of Muhammad as a messenger not a god

3) Hindus do not pray to 'one thing', they pray to hundreds of deities. These gods and goddesses all represent different things (many things) and have lots of stories, legends, folk lore, etc. Certain gods are attributed to certain weather, situations, elements, geographic regions, etc. Hinduism is the third most populous religion on earth. Chances are you if you were born in India, you would be a Hindu.

So, since you knew so little about these MAJOR religions, how can you say that Christianity is the way for you? Maybe there is a loving ever-present God - but perhaps you're wrong about the way He/She/It manifests itself. Maybe Christianity is wrong and one of the others is right. How can you know if you haven't explored other options?

Izzy.....this recreation does NOT mean you can be god.......it's like a chair (if it could speake and move).....creating another chair or table and saying that there's no one else who could have made it......that the chair was formed through science and evolution...... :dry:

hambone......Mohammad is a prophet(PBUH)......he is the messenger of the muslims.....( i should know; i live in the M.E)

oh.....Buddha is also a messenger........

And hindus don't simply worship idols or pray to many gods......they believe that god has many forms; that's why many are vegetarians and a cow is considered sacred....:)

you obviously have little to no knowledge of other religions:

1) Muhammad is not prayed to by Muslims. In fact the entire religion of Islam came about as a response to idolatry (worshipping things that are not true God(s)). The city of Mecca was full of marketplace-idolatry, with gods and commerce intertwined. Muhammad was said to be visited by the archangel to bring "Allah"s will to the people. The Quran is supposed to be an exact copy of a book existing in heaven, transmitted to Muhammad by the angel. You may have heard that Muslims do not like Muhammad to be portrayed, in picture/movie/sound/etc, not even reverently - because THEY DO NOT WORSHIP MUHAMMAD. They accept Jesus as a prophet, Muhammad as a greater prophet, but the whole thing with Islam is "submission" (that's what the word 'islam' means) to the greater being, Allah. To them, it's ridiculous and insulting to suggest that humans like Jesus and Muhammad can have godlike status. Hence you are confusing your own Christian beliefs and do not understand that Muslims worship no man as a god but rather God as God. Muhammad lived like a man and died like a man; he was no god. So yes his grave is full and the Muslims are okay with that. They believe Jesus was not resurrected either.

2) Buddha was also not a god. There is no official god in Buddhism, rather a life force and energy of the Universe. Buddhism can actually be incorporated as a life philosophy into many other religions. Buddha became enlightened, reaching a state that any human can reach (though some sects of Buddhism hold that it takes multiple cycles of reincarnation to reach nirvana and become freed from the cycle). But Buddha is no god, and Buddha died as the man he was. A great man, yes. An intelligent man, yes. A man that brought words of wisdom to a whole subcontinent and SE asia, yes yes yes. But he has never been considered a God even by the most devout of Buddhists, just like Muslims think of Muhammad as a messenger not a god

3) Hindus do not pray to 'one thing', they pray to hundreds of deities. These gods and goddesses all represent different things (many things) and have lots of stories, legends, folk lore, etc. Certain gods are attributed to certain weather, situations, elements, geographic regions, etc. Hinduism is the third most populous religion on earth. Chances are you if you were born in India, you would be a Hindu.

So, since you knew so little about these MAJOR religions, how can you say that Christianity is the way for you? Maybe there is a loving ever-present God - but perhaps you're wrong about the way He/She/It manifests itself. Maybe Christianity is wrong and one of the others is right. How can you know if you haven't explored other options?

NEVER SAID THEY WERE GODS. KNOW ALOT ABOUT OTHER RELIGIONS. YOU CANT ANSWER THE QUESTION OF WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BODY OF JESUS. WHY? ONE SIMPLY QUESTION. AND YOU CANT ANSWER IT.

If a man can make a chair, and a chair becomes as powerful as man and can make another chair, and make and do everything else that man can, doesn't that make the chair just as powerful, and essentially a man? Pfft. I am *at least* a demi-god. :P

..Is your quote in reference to OBEs?

Dude. We answered you're question. The grave was robbed. Prove otherwise. PROVE that he rose. Where is your evidence? You have NONE, get over it.

Where did god come from? Oh, you can't answer ONE simple question? You must be wrong then.

NEVER SAID THEY WERE GODS.

yes you compared Muhammad & Buddha to Jesus & Hindu Gods. That is an incorrect comparison

KNOW ALOT ABOUT OTHER RELIGIONS.

assuming that's true, so why Christianity over them?

YOU CANT ANSWER THE QUESTION OF WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BODY OF JESUS. WHY? ONE SIMPLY QUESTION. AND YOU CANT ANSWER IT.

I was never asked before, you were asking Izzy. But to be honest I don't care what happened to his body. Maybe it was robbed, burned, or resurrected by the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It doesn't matter. A disappearing body is no proof to justify an entire religion.

muslims had 100's of god's muhammad chose allah which was there moon god. I know a lot more than you think. Answer the question.

not entirely true. The pre-Islam, muslim-Meccans, had 100s of gods (idols) but when Muhammad reformed and created Islam, he brought the idea of One True God and no man would be on equivalent with God. Much like the Old Testament acknowledged the existence of many multiple gods, however it only allowed the worship of one of those gods - Yahweh.

And I did answer the question, see above post

yes you compared Muhammad & Buddha to Jesus & Hindu Gods. That is an incorrect comparison

assuming that's true, so why Christianity over them?

I was never asked before, you were asking Izzy. But to be honest I don't care what happened to his body. Maybe it was robbed, burned, or resurrected by the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It doesn't matter. A disappearing body is no proof to justify an entire religion.

Not what the New Testament says happened. People were still alive to have seen him. The belief is raised from the dead and showed himself alive. That is what it says. Tell me how they could write that, publish that belief, and it not be debunked?

Edited by hambone

People publish fiction all the time. You're missing out on an entire book store sectrion, bro.

I'm writting a book now on how president kennedy killed himself. Think it will fly?

Not what the New Testament says happened.

Not what Lord of the Rings said either.

People were still alive to have seen him.

very very few people. Possibly nobody. It was possibly fiction, a metaphor, a simile, a hyperbole, any number of things. It was written down; doesn't mean it was true.

Face it you have no answer. That is interesting.

We have given you many answers, you just stubbornly ignore them. THAT is interesting.

I'm writting a book now on how president kennedy killed himself. Think it will fly?

YES. You can write a book about anything and it will fly. It's legal to write falsehoods, even to make a religion on them. There are hundreds of religions. For the sake of the argument say there are 1000 religions in the world (even though there are thousands more). You think 999 are false and 1 true. I just go the one further. One less Holy Book that's "true" out of hundreds of so-called holy books.

Not what Lord of the Rings said either.

very very few people. Possibly nobody. It was possibly fiction, a metaphor, a simile, a hyperbole, any number of things. It was written down; doesn't mean it was true.

you said it POSSIBLY. unfortunately you will know the truth someday. might be one day to late.

I have an answer. God told me Jesus' grave was robbed. I'm writing a new book of the Bible right now so it must be true. :rolleyes:

"Even the best history textbooks invariably present the past from a specific perspective. The bible contains stories that weren’t written down until at least 30 years after the supposed events happened, the only corroboration (Josephus) is thought to have been revised afterwards, and the text itself has lots of internal inconsistencies. You just can’t consider it to be authoritative in a historical sense – it’s obviously written by a true believer to influence other true believers. And anything that was heresy to the beliefs of those in charge was removed (council of Nicaea)."

Edited by Izzy