BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Our brains emit electric pulses. We have complicated machines to read these pulses. I believe that when we die, the pulses from our brain reach a frequency that our complicated machines can't read. I believe this frequency matches the earth's magnetic field. In a sense, we meld with the earth. Our minds are at a higher state of awareness than normal, so it is like an everlasting shared lucid dream. This would explain many near death experiences. People in comas often report seeing heaven. This "heaven" is in my opinion, what they expect to see, and therefore, what they do see.

What do you believe?

Edited by Blablah99

• Answers 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

What happened to make you hate God so much?

Oh cmon now you're acting childish. I never said I hate god, I said that no god has appeared to me in any concrete fashion defying what I have so far learned about my universe. I have no reason to believe in a God.

Asking an atheist if they hate God is like asking an adult if they like the way Santa Claus laughs. It's an irrelevant question. I simply have no belief in an intelligent being guiding the events of our universe. It's certainly possible that a being created the universe but it has no active participation in it - as Einstein said "the only miracle is that there are no miracles". So I am an atheist who would accept deism as a legitimate possibility. The natural framework of existence itself needs no god but rather is the god.

So saying i hate your capitalized God is ludicrous. Your god does not exist except as a framework in your mind to explain things that happen to you in the world

That person that did acid and coke and everything else Is Dead. What does drugs have anything to do with what happens after you die. You have a soul, spirit, and a body. Your soul is your mind will and emotion, your spirit does not belong to you, your body just a temp house for the others. Izzy you are far to young and inexperienced in life yet, (I do not say that with any disrespect you seem very smart) but you are young, and headstrong and very much influenced by the people that you keep around you. I did the same thing and sometimes still do. I do know that there is a very loving and forgiving God that wants nothing more than for you to just love Him back. You see I got to a point where I really did want to know the truth. There can be only one Truth.

..Do I want to do this? Euggh.

Hambone, ultimately,there's no convincing argument for God, because as I said, there's no means of distinguishing your god from an imaginary one. The best explanation for that is that he's imaginary. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. If you think you can prove differently, then by all means do it, but if you're just going to rely on misrepresentation and "Ooh, I find this difficult to understand, therefore it might be God!", don't bother.

Also, atheists don't hate gods. Anti-theists don't even hate gods, they hate their cult-like manners and feeding off of the public while robbing them of knowledge and freedoms (the opposition to evolution and gay marriage being prime examples of this). But this is mostly straw man. You have to explain your view first before we can explain why it's silly. :)

If you agree right now that believing something based on pure faith with nothing to back it up is silly, we can say we told you so in the end, and I think it will actually be considered a victory. :)

Okay so you don't hate God, Ask me then anything that is not childish and disrespectful and I will answer you. Don't however claim to not believe in God and then tell me what God means to me. Ask me. I will answer you.

You're right, drugs have nothing to do with where we actually go when we die, but the presence of DMT in our body and it being a fact that its release coincides when we die should be enough to explain NDEs. I thought an ex-drug user would understand this better than the kids on this forum that seemed to ignore my and unreality's posts entirely.

You say we have a soul, spirit, and body. I say I have a brain, a pet invisible dragon, and a body. Please provide evidence for this soul. Until you do, acknowledge the you are taking this on very far from proven faith. I base my reality off of the verified details that explain my existence through methodical and structured experiments, not hope.

If you KNOW this god exists (please specify which one), please explain why. I for one am happily awaiting. :)

The God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob, Jesus being His son. I think you know the God I believe in. First I'll ask do you believe that a man named Jesus lived?

Okay Izzy, First the World knows of a man called Jesus (the Christ) only taught for 3 years in a desert place called Israel. Was crucified and put to death raised from the dead. How do I know? The Bible. It was writted over 1950 years ago (New Testement) It would be like me publishing a book today that stated that President Kennedy shot himself in the head. It would be discarded as a Lie people are still alive today that were there to see what happened. Can't write a book like that and have it not disproven. Easy to produce a Dead Jesus. No one could do that.

Not to mention the men that followed Him. What are our options. Jesus lived and taught, the New Testiment was written and one of the largest beliefs on the planet is based on a lie. Remember we live in the year 2010. Why? What happened 2010 years ago to make us start counting again? Why is there a B.C. and an A.D.? Your options = The Romans are said to have nailed him to a cross. Okay. What happened to the Body?

his grave got robbed. when people die they dont come back to life.

AGAIN, WHO ROBBED IT. Easy to produce a dead guy, drag his body in the street and tell the christian believers "Here is your risen Lord, laying in the street" End of christian belief.

Firstly, yeah, I believe Jesus existed. He was a teacher and a political leader at the time, much like George Washington. He was so influential that yes, we started counting again. I believe up to that point. He also died, at the hands of the Romans. However, one day, people noticed his remains were gone. Use your head. Are you telling me he became a zombie, or that someone robbed his grave? Many graves were robbed at the time, and it was unusual that the perpetrator was caught and committed do to a faulty judicial system and no DNA evidence. Just because we don't know something, doesn't mean we have to assume a god did it.

Do you believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible, both OT and NT?

Not good enough, It say's 3 days later His body was gone. That Book, the New Testiment was writted in 50 to 60 A.D. Do you understand that. People were still alive to remember what had happened.

Some things were literal some are figurative some things are prophetic. I believe the whole book izzy. There is more revelation in the Book of Genesis than in the Book of Revelation.

Eugh. We've done this to death man.

Why is that not good enough? JK Rowling writes about witches casting spells. George Lucas invented The Force. There's a magical ring out there. What makes this fairy tale special? Until not so long ago, people fully believed in witches and burned them at stake. (I'm friends with a guy whose great-great-great uncle was killed at the Salem Witch Trials.) People would believe in magic back then because they had almost no understanding of the world.

The Greek believed in their gods for thousands of years before Christianity came around. Why Jesus and not Zeus? Is your book just more interesting?

Do you believe in Noah's Ark? I wrote something about it for a class once. Here you are:

The dimensions of the boat are 450 x 75 x 45. According to the Biblical description, it only had one floor, meaning there is roughly 35,000 sq ft for animals to inhabit. Because Christians like to deny evolution and the point of the ark was the repopulate the earth with exclusively the animals inside, with no mention of a second creation, all the animals we have today must be accounted for in the ark. Not to mention all the extinct animals, such as dinosaurs, because God demanded two of ALL animals, and Noah was not at liberty to specify which were allowed entrance into his ark. According to a scientific article, there are about 1,250,000 identified species of animal. This includes 1,190,200 invertebrates, among them 950,000 insects, 70,000 mollusks, 40,000 crustaceans, and 130,200 others. There are about 58,800 identified vertebrates, including 29,300 fish, 5,743 amphibians, 8,240 reptiles, 9,800 birds, and 5,416 mammals. Remember, a lot of these animals (like the insects) are tiny, but dinosaurs, elephants, etc. are also included in these numbers. Now, let's convert the boat into something everyone is familiar with, football fields. The boat is roughly the size of four football fields laid end-to-end. It would be *impossible* 2 million animals and the food required to feed them for 40 days in this space. The population of the entire city of Orlando is only 2 million people. Assuming you could, somehow, fit all of these animals into the limited space, remember, the only humans onboard capable of taking care of these animals are Noah and his family, a total of EIGHT people. Animals are fine in the wild, but trapped in a small boat, they wouldn't fare too well. Keeping the peace between animals, like the lions and the deer, would also be tremendously difficult. One could argue that God simply saw too it that the animals survived through the flood, but.. then what's the point of the flood in the first place?

Furthermore, the simple act of gathering the animals is an arduous enough task on its own. God interfering would destroy the purpose: there would be no point of an ark if omnipotent God simply wiped out all the animals he didn't want and left the ones he did alone. He is all powerful after all, right? Why bother choosing the most difficult route to solve a simple problem? These problems don't even account for where the animals went to the bathroom. There is also absolutely no scientific evidence of a great migration where all animals in the world dispersed from one point and went elsewhere. We can conclude that Noah's Ark is a myth, and disputing would be entertaining.

Thats it, Thats your proof? Alot of animals in the Sea can swim, and as far as I know Breath under water. Dinosaurs were destroyed in that flood. Izzy some people just wont believe. Your one of them.

Science, is something you do not understand. I will continue only to the point of which you can stay controlled and civil. Lets not get nasty. You will not prove to me there is no God just as I will not prove to you there is. Let us not forget what we are doing, you want to know what makes me believe. You don't believe because you choose not to.

[Not saying you are getting nasty, just saying lets Not] okay with you?

Edited by hambone

No, I'm sorry, if you believe in a 6000 year old Earth and that the dinosaurs were killed like 5000 years ago during Noah's Flood and lived at the same time as humans, you do not understand science. I really thought you had something more to put forward here than just being another Christian following the bible. An empty grave proves nothing. This is a waste of time.

*Unrelated*

Why'd you quit drugs?

ok, i have 2 mins here.....so let's get this straight......

Izzy, those drugs may have delusional effects, but OBE's are a totally different thing.......everything you see is accurate......have you ever had that experience???

I don't think you've read any religious books to talk like this.......God is all forgiving; whether you steal, kill, cheat, or even denounce him now......he's still there to forgive.......:D

Don't you dare call God a jackass!!!!

:angry:

and dawh......plants, animals, fungi.....all have same ending as us humans...... :D

Edit: Science is all about the study of what's on and around earth; no one can ever create it and therefore, no one can really deny the existence of atleast a higher power........:P

Edit: and that means that you can't deny atleast an afterlife of some sort....... :P :P

Edited by EDM

No, I'm sorry, if you believe in a 6000 year old Earth and that the dinosaurs were killed like 5000 years ago during Noah's Flood and lived at the same time as humans, you do not understand science. I really thought you had something more to put forward here than just being another Christian following the bible. An empty grave proves nothing. This is a waste of time.

*Unrelated*

Why'd you quit drugs?

you're right, waste. Enjoy your Drugs.