BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Rollo

unreality

@MiKi It got one more than anyone else :P

How about ROLLO

And are names allowed?

Here ya go Panth (and any1 else interested)

There are too many posts to trawl through to find the references, but the game has evolved slightly from its inception.

A brief summary (from what I remember. If there are other things worth mentioning, please say so):

No proper nouns (obviously words like FRANK would be allowed as it has an alernative meaning)

No foreign words (unless they've made it into the English or American dictionaries)

When using 'logick', the logic must be complete. eg. if the words and scores are as follows:

BROWN - 1

TRAMP - 1

CRUSH - 1

GREAT - 1

it's not enough to say that R must be 2nd as it's common to all words (BLAST would give the same scores in the eg)

'Logick' must be 'mathematical', not 'lexical'. It's not acceptable to say "no words start with KX, so the only letter that will fit is...."

scores:

5 points for each correctly logicked letter. Person who guesses word correctly gets 5pts for each remaining letter plus 5pts bonus.

Host gets 1pt for each incorrect guess, up to but not including the correct guess.

In the event of an incorrect logick, the host gets 5 points (though, personally, I think it would be fairer if the guesser received -5pts)

Here ya go Panth (and any1 else interested)

There are too many posts to trawl through to find the references, but the game has evolved slightly from its inception.

A brief summary (from what I remember. If there are other things worth mentioning, please say so):

No proper nouns (obviously words like FRANK would be allowed as it has an alernative meaning)

No foreign words (unless they've made it into the English or American dictionaries)

When using 'logick', the logic must be complete. eg. if the words and scores are as follows:

BROWN - 1

TRAMP - 1

CRUSH - 1

GREAT - 1

it's not enough to say that R must be 2nd as it's common to all words (BLAST would give the same scores in the eg)

'Logick' must be 'mathematical', not 'lexical'. It's not acceptable to say "no words start with KX, so the only letter that will fit is...."

scores:

5 points for each correctly logicked letter. Person who guesses word correctly gets 5pts for each remaining letter plus 5pts bonus.

Host gets 1pt for each incorrect guess, up to but not including the correct guess.

In the event of an incorrect logick, the host gets 5 points (though, personally, I think it would be fairer if the guesser received -5pts)

Thanks for that Fab, that saves us hunting through all those pages :D

I guess I should change my guess then, seeing as it was a proper noun.

Let's try PLUMP

?????

START-0

STUMP-0

PAPER-0

PLUMP-0

SOUND-0

STARK-0

SORRY-0

ANIME-1

ABIDE-1

AVOID-1

MiKi +15

Incorrect logic, flame. :) Let's take another example.

Say the word is START.

You have the following guesses:

BEGIN-0

LOVER-0

MISER-0

TEASE-1

TROUT-1

THIRD-1

You could then say that because TEASE, TROUT, and THIRD all are 1 and share the T, T is the first letter. But in the case, the 1 comes from the A, T, and R respectively.