BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Rollo

unreality

The second letter is o, eliminating the q as a possibility for the first letter. From black to boast, we know b isn't the first letter and a isn't the third letter, so either the s or t is correct. Since TWIST has both s and t at the end and score one, we know the middle letter is not i. This eliminates the QUI from QUILT, and leaves the LT. Therefore, is QUILT scores 2, the last two letters are LT, and if it is just one, it's T. If it scores 0, the second to last letter is S.

Izzy - 381

Glycereine – 288

Unreality - 284

Plainglazed - 185

t8t8t8 - 185

Framm - 177

Vineetrika - 154

Dawh - 97

woon - 94

NickFleming- 89

golfjunkie - 72

Cherry Lane - 40

blahblah99 - 28

yuiop - 21

Abhisk - 20

PVRoot - 20

JarZe - 20

Filly - 19

Prince Marth - 15

DudleyDude - 15

I updated the scores

The second letter is o, eliminating the q as a possibility for the first letter. From black to boast, we know b isn't the first letter and a isn't the third letter, so either the s or t is correct. Since TWIST has both s and t at the end and score one, we know the middle letter is not i. This eliminates the QUI from QUILT, and leaves the LT. Therefore, is QUILT scores 2, the last two letters are LT, and if it is just one, it's T. If it scores 0, the second to last letter is S.

Little bit of incorrect logic here. Not all words have u following q, see this link. Sorry izzy :(

Edited by NickFleming

Well, the only words on that list five letters long beginning with "qo" are qoppa and qorma, both eliminated by the st logic. So, while I didn't explicitly include that in my analysis of the word, it sort of goes without saying. Regardless, I get +25, and it's up to t8t8t8 whether or not she wants to award herself points for my mistake.

I don't want to host. Anyone, feel free to take it.

yeah t8t8t8 should get +5 for that because we agreed that linguistics don't apply, just logic: (in other words, logically you have to assume that even sykzr could be a word unless PROVEN otherwise)

Izzy - 381

Glycereine – 288

Unreality - 284

t8t8t8 - 190

Plainglazed - 185

Framm - 177

Vineetrika - 154

Dawh - 97

woon - 94

NickFleming- 89

golfjunkie - 72

Cherry Lane - 40

blahblah99 - 28

yuiop - 21

Abhisk - 20

PVRoot - 20

JarZe - 20

Filly - 19

Prince Marth - 15

DudleyDude - 15

and if no one else wants to host, i will, but if someone else wants to, please take it :)

EDIT - I suck at noticing pages on topics I haven't watched for a while

Anyway, I think I could jump in here and take it. I hope my word hasn't been done before.

_____

Edited by harvey45

EDIT - I suck at noticing pages on topics I haven't watched for a while

Anyway, I think I could jump in here and take it. I hope my word hasn't been done before.

_____

Okie. How about...

START?

E in fourth place

VOWEL has 1 => eliminate OW because HOWLS is 0 => leaving V/E/L => eliminate V because TOWEL has 1 and V & T both cannot be in first place => leaving E/L => eliminate L because STALL is 0 => leaving E in fourth place

E in fourth place

VOWEL has 1 => eliminate OW because HOWLS is 0 => leaving V/E/L => eliminate V because TOWEL has 1 and V & T both cannot be in first place => leaving E/L => eliminate L because STALL is 0 => leaving E in fourth place

Can't see a dent in that logic, and you are correct.

___E_

START - 0

HOWLS - 0

VOWEL - 1

STALL - 0

TOWEL - 1

CAMEL - 1

VOWED - 1

LIBEL - 2