BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Rollo

unreality

Also has anyone given any thought to the STR thing i posted?

It seems unlikely that we'll be able to get a significant number of people together to play such a concentrated game at any given time. Time differences and the fact that some people (like me) check here in periodic breaks between other activities makes it hard to be a dedicated host (or likely to win anything during such a period as a contestant). It might be interesting to try though... :unsure:

It seems unlikely that we'll be able to get a significant number of people together to play such a concentrated game at any given time. Time differences and the fact that some people (like me) check here in periodic breaks between other activities makes it hard to be a dedicated host (or likely to win anything during such a period as a contestant). It might be interesting to try though... :unsure:

on the contrary, the idea came to me when a bunch of us were on at the same time playing all at the same time. So it's possible, and if it's planned before hand too it could get more than just a few

using these:

TEMPE - 0

AMBER - 1

EMBER - 1

ELMER - 1

OCCUR - 0

we can _almost_ prove one/two letter/s.

(1) AMBER to EMBER retains 1, so it's not A in AMBER or E in EMBER.

(2) ELMER also got 1. Not the E as we see in (1). Not the M as we see from TEMPE=0. Thus it's _L_ER.

(3) because we know it's _MBER and _L_ER, the 1s can be caused by:

(3a) *M*** and either the E or R - but not possible because then AMBER and EMBER would be 2. So this isn't possible

(3b) **B** and either the E or R - again not possible for same reason

(3c) **B** and *L***, this is possible

(3d) either the E or R.

(4) OCCUR = 0, so not the R

(5) leaving our possibilities as: *LB** or ***E*

(6) now CZARS=0. TAROT=0. So if CARES gets higher than 0, it's not because of the C, A or R. And GUESS got zero so it can't be the S. So "CARES" must either get 0 (in which case *LB**) or 1 (in which case ***E*)

so i'm guessing: CARES

the answer to CARES determines whether I score one or two letters

Edited by unreality