BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Rollo

unreality

oops I screwed up bad. DENTS is 3 :blush: We'll give Glyc another +5 because that was correct logic, it was just my fault

DE***

PRAWN - 0

CHRIS - 0

FABLE - 0

ALLOY - 0

NICHE - 0

SPOIL - 0

AIOLI - 0

STILL - 0

ZZZZZ - 0

BERRY - 1

BRAVE - 0

CRAVE - 0

AERIE - 1

BEGET - 1

DELVE - 2

ENTRY - 0

DRIVE - 1

DENTS - 3

COUNT - 0

DEFER - 2

DECKS - 2

PINTO - 1

PENNY - 1

DELAY - 2

sorry... if that 3 would have made people behave differently probably, I'll eliminate points from the following ones, or at least from zeroes like COUNT if you want

again sorry about that.

Glyc +10

Framm +10

DE*T*

PRAWN - 0

CHRIS - 0

FABLE - 0

ALLOY - 0

NICHE - 0

SPOIL - 0

AIOLI - 0

STILL - 0

ZZZZZ - 0

BERRY - 1

BRAVE - 0

CRAVE - 0

AERIE - 1

BEGET - 1

DELVE - 2

ENTRY - 0

DRIVE - 1

DENTS - 3

COUNT - 0

DEFER - 2

DECKS - 2

PINTO - 1

PENNY - 1

DELAY - 2

did you still want me to grade DEMMO?

Framm got it :P

DEPTH

PRAWN - 0

CHRIS - 0

FABLE - 0

ALLOY - 0

NICHE - 0

SPOIL - 0

AIOLI - 0

STILL - 0

ZZZZZ - 0

BERRY - 1

BRAVE - 0

CRAVE - 0

AERIE - 1

BEGET - 1

DELVE - 2

ENTRY - 0

DRIVE - 1

DENTS - 3

COUNT - 0

DEFER - 2

DECKS - 2

PINTO - 1

PENNY - 1

DELAY - 2

DEPTH - 5

(not counting the messed up DENTS in my score), and giving Gylc +10 and Framm +25 (the extra +5 is from a correct logic despite my messing up)

Unreality - 186

Izzy - 157

Framm - 121

Plainglazed - 85

Dawh - 61

t8t8t8 - 57

Abhisk - 20

Glycereine - 10

Prince Marth - 10

go for it Framm :D

I propose a variant that could be entitled 'SPEED TOURNEY ROLLO'

It's not a free-for-all like open ROLLO; rather people must "enter" if they want to play. Everyone is on at the same time and the host must be super active with basically nothing other to do than refresh and grade and update. Anyway to enter you must have at least 50 points - 40 for the initial "blind" (ie - all entrants put 40 points into "the pot") and 10 or so or more for guesses (see rules below).

Rules of STR - each guess costs a player 1 point.(If you have no more points, no more guesses, uh oh. You could of course, loan points from someone - with an interest cost I'm sure :P lol). That point transfers from the guesser to the host. However, the first person to break the "one barrier" (ie the first to guess a word that gets scored a 1) gets 1 point back out of nowhere; the first person that gets the first 2 gets 2 points; etc; etc. If you guess a higher level barrier, you get all the available bonus points up to that level. For example, if player A breaks the 1-barrier they get 1 bonus point, then if player B gets the 4 barrier they get 2+3+4 points for breaking the 2nd,3rd and 4th barriers.

Actually these numbers are tiny though, I'm thinking of multiplying by 5 or 10 actually for the bonus pts.

ANyway there is no logicking - you only get points by breaking the grade barriers. Wheover guesses THE WORD first gets the +5 bonus points of course from breaking the 5 barrier, but they also win the tourney and get the pot.