BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Pirates of Penzance Mafia

The action in night one is very intense and exciting so far. If I get all the actions in one hour the night will end 24 hours early. Which technically means that it will be day zero at night.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let everyone know, all actions happen in the order that I got them. Example: If you try to block someone who has already sent their action in, the block wont work. If someone kills you and you act after they kill you, you wont act because you are dead.

Just to let everyone know, all actions happen in the order that I got them. Example: If you try to block someone who has already sent their action in, the block wont work. If someone kills you and you act after they kill you, you wont act because you are dead.

oh wow

edit:

So if someone kills another person their action goes through even if they are blocked as long as they put in the kill befor ethe block was in?

Edited by Glycereine

There is no save here. Edith takes the player away so she has to act before her target is acted upon.

Redirections (Mabel) wont work if the player has already acted. Mabel has to convince a person to change their target before they act.

I find doing this with accurate timing makes the story more interesting. As I have said previously, night one is very intense and somewhat ironic.

Night 1: When the foeman bears his steel.

9:00 Isabelle waited in front of the prison, waiting for Mabel, but Mabel did not come. Obviously Isabelle guessed wrong.

9:30 Ruth (as Samuel) snuck into GMasters cabin/room/office (depending on GMaster's unrevealed role) and quickly tied him to the bed. When Gmaster's alarm woke him up at midnight, he found he could not move. He called for help. Edith arrived. She cut the rope and warned GMaster to leave the area. Whoever tied him down could come back.

9:30 Edith heard a scream. She ran to the source and found GMaster tied to a bed. She cut the rope and warned GMaster to leave the area. Whoever tied him down could come back.

10:30 Major General Stanly woke up. he looked out the window and saw Yuiop's silhouette. The General was suspicious and watched from a distance. He thought he knew who Yuiop was, but none of his actions matched. Sighing, General Stanley went back to bed.

11:00 Slick was about to act on Glycerine but Mabel had other plans.

"Why don't you instead act on Slick? He is acting against what you'd like. He intends to act on Filly (not really). Save him if you can. Go to death and go to slaughter. Die and every cornish daughter. Though with tears you grave shall water, go ye hero go and die!"

The impact of these words caused Slick to gulp, and accepting Mabel's logic, acted on himself.

11:45 Samuel (as Samuel) caught up to Framm and realized (s)he had already acted for the night and could not be blocked.

12:00 The Pirate King considered spying on Framm, but decided not to as that might mean forfeiting his identity to someone who clearly trusted him.

12:15 Frederic watched as Slick sat quietly. A group of policemen were crowding up on him. He gasped. He knew that face!

12:20 Frederic watched as Slick sat quietly. A group of policemen were crowding up on him. He gasped. He knew that face!

12:30 Yuiop sat quietly watching the effect of her actions on the night. With a crowbar in one hand and matches in another, a pirate hit Yuiop on the head and set fire to Yuiop's cabin. No one would find the body until morning and the fire would serve as a flare to warn the others. Yuiop was no more.

12:45 The Sergeant approached his target, however, the moment he stepped, his foot cracked a stick. His target was on his guard. The Sergeant closed his eyes and randomly picked one of his men.

"You do it. He wont recognize you."

The selected officer handcuffed Slick and carted him off to prison.

1:00 GMaster saw the fire in the distance. He decided to return. Whatever Edith thought, his friends were in danger.

1:30 The Pirate king grabbed the Pirate that had killed Yuiop.

"What did you set fire to the house for?"

"No one will know I killed her. They'll think that the fire did."

"You idiot! They suspect we're here. Now they have no doubt."

1:30 Slick saw the fire through his cell window, but he couldn't do anything. He was locked in a cell merely because of simple logic. He wasn't against the law! He was sure of it.

"They won't last a day without me."

5:00 The Major General woke up. He looked out the window and saw the remains of a cabin. That was were Yuiop lived! Stanley ran towards the cabin and, sure enough, there lay Yuiop's body.

"I'll get you for this!" He yelled.

This ends night one.

1)-Yuiop-DEAD-Killed by the Pirates.

2)-Filly

3)-LJ

4)--Harvey

5)-Glycerine

6)-Hirkala

7)-Slick- IN JAIL.

8)-Molly Mae

9)-GMaster

10)-Framm

Day one ends at 9:00 tomorrow (although the post might not be up until 10:00.)

Edited by Blablah99

Wow. That can be pretty hard to follow. This one will surely require an in-depth spreadsheet.

Just to get the ball rolling, though, here's my vote.

2)-Filly

3)-LJ

4)--Harvey

5)-Glycerine

6)-Hirkala

7)-Slick- IN JAIL.

8)-Molly Mae - Voting for Framm

9)-GMaster

10)-Framm

I might be misreading the narrative, but the line I'm going on is below.

"12:00 The Pirate King considered spying on Framm, but decided not to as that might mean forfeiting his identity to someone who clearly trusted him."

Also, it said Framm had already acted. Two baddies had acted before that, so there's still a chance it's him.

I'm not pushing for a Framm lynch. I just want people to talk.

EDIT: Forgot the slash to close the colour tag.

2nd Edit: Forgot Yuiop's gray colour tag.

3rd Edit: In hindsight, though, why would a baddie spy a baddie?

4th Edit: Slick's colour tag. =P

Edited by Molly Mae

2)-Filly

3)-LJ

4)--Harvey

5)-Glycerine

6)-Hirkala

7)-Slick- IN JAIL.

8)-Molly Mae - Voting for Framm

9)-GMaster

10)-Framm - Voting for Hirkala

It is still too early for me to defend myself, but why in the world would the baddies waste a spy this early in the game?

As for my vote, consider it a welcoming gift to the world of Mafia on BD. :lol:

2)-Filly

3)-LJ

4)--Harvey

5)-Glycerine

6)-Hirkala

7)-Slick- IN JAIL.

8)-Molly Mae - Voting for Glycerine

9)-GMaster

You're right, Framm. I was just confused about the wording. I can't imagine a waste of a spy.

Someone help with pressure?

2)-Filly

3)-LJ

4)--Harvey

5)-Glycerine

6)-Hirkala

7)-Slick- IN JAIL.

8)-Molly Mae - Voting for Hirkala

9)-GMaster

Here's to pressure. The baddies don't have an RID role, nor is there an indie. I think we should be safe hinting at roles.

2)-Filly - Voting for LJ

3)-LJ

4)--Harvey

5)-Glycerine

6)-Hirkala

7)-Slick- IN JAIL.

9)-GMaster

Either he didn't act, or he was just inactive. I'm still only voting randomly.

2)-Filly - Voting for Hirkala

3)-LJ

4)--Harvey

5)-Glycerine

6)-Hirkala

7)-Slick- IN JAIL.

9)-GMaster

Oops. I'll just vote for Hirkala then.

2)-Filly - Voting for Hirkala

3)-LJ

4)--Harvey

5)-Glycerine

6)-Hirkala

7)-Slick- IN JAIL.

8)-Molly Mae - Voting for Glycerine

9)-GMaster

Oh. Nice. I was thinking it would give the baddies a huge advantage over us if we couldn't change votes to get information out of more people.

I'll still change my vote back to Glyc, though. Hirk, your defence?

Filly, is there any reason for your vote of Hirkala? Two votes with 9 players should be plenty of pressure right now anyways.

I won't change my vote, but I highly suggest no one else voting for him at the moment.

Techincally, its only because I have no idea who to vote for, so I'm just bandwagonning. (Is that a word?):lol:

I might change my vote if Hirkala gives a good defense.

Edited by filly678