BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Pirates of Penzance Mafia

Look at the night post:

11:00 Slick was about to act on Glycerine but Mabel had other plans.

"Why don't you instead act on Slick? He is acting against what you'd like. He intends to act on Filly (not really). Save him if you can. Go to death and go to slaughter. Die and every cornish daughter. Though with tears you grave shall water, go ye hero go and die!"

The impact of these words caused Slick to gulp, and accepting Mabel's logic, acted on himself.

---

12:45 The Sergeant approached his target, however, the moment he stepped, his foot cracked a stick. His target was on his guard. The Sergeant closed his eyes and randomly picked one of his men.

"You do it. He wont recognize you."

The selected officer handcuffed Slick and carted him off to prison.

That's why he trapped himself.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't present a defence. And in a game as small and as short as this, I would hope Slick wouldn't trap himself...

But he did get redirected.

That actually does make sense.

But give me a defence and I'll change my vote so we can get someone else to talk, but saving votes always look suspicious to me.

I don't know about this...

Even when Slick is as good as dead...he still gets us :wacko:

Well I thank Edith for 'protecting' me. My vote will most likely come later.

Harvey, that could be a good deal of roles, one of which I am not too fond of. Realize that what MM said was true. The Goodies have the RID Kill in this game, so hinting isn't as bad as it could be.

Look at the night post:

11:00 Slick was about to act on Glycerine but Mabel had other plans.

"Why don't you instead act on Slick? He is acting against what you'd like. He intends to act on Filly (not really). Save him if you can. Go to death and go to slaughter. Die and every cornish daughter. Though with tears you grave shall water, go ye hero go and die!"

The impact of these words caused Slick to gulp, and accepting Mabel's logic, acted on himself.

---

12:45 The Sergeant approached his target, however, the moment he stepped, his foot cracked a stick. His target was on his guard. The Sergeant closed his eyes and randomly picked one of his men.

"You do it. He wont recognize you."

The selected officer handcuffed Slick and carted him off to prison.

That's why he trapped himself.

That still doesn't make much sense, though. More logically, Slick could be almost anybody. Mabel, for instance. He targets himself (God knows why) to redirect his target to himself. Then the Sergeant (someone else) just happens to arrest him. Just because Slick targeted himself and the Sergeant targeted Slick doesn't mean that they're the same person. They just picked the same target.

EDIT: I'm not saying that Slick isn't the Sergeant, though. I'm just saying that we don't have enough information to prove it.

If the sergeant would like to work with the goodies and just out himself (if it's allowed), I'm sure we could kill the baddies and meet his wincon.

Edited by Molly Mae

That still doesn't make much sense, though. More logically, Slick could be almost anybody. Mabel, for instance. He targets himself (God knows why) to redirect his target to himself. Then the Sergeant (someone else) just happens to arrest him. Just because Slick targeted himself and the Sergeant targeted Slick doesn't mean that they're the same person. They just picked the same target.

In fact with the timeline (and actions going in the order recieved) I'm more inclined to think that he ISNT the sergeant.

With the timeline you can cut off about half the roles that slick could be.

Everyone acted and everyone's action was posted.

Edited by Blablah99

1)-Yuiop-DEAD-Killed by the Pirates.

2)-Filly - Voting for Hirkala

3)-LJ - Voting for Harvey

4)-Harvey - Voting for Hirkala

5)-Glycerine- Voting for Harvey

6)-Hirkala

7)-Slick- IN JAIL.

8)-Molly Mae - Voting for Harvey

9)-GMaster

10)-Framm - Voting for Gmaster

I am not sure what to think about Hirkala, but I think that we may have some experienced baddies in this game.

@Blah: That is the whole point of Mafia, trying to get unconfused by everything going on. I am always confused when playing, but that is part of the reason I like it.

Can imprisoned players be acted upon? Spied, killed, or lynched?

If we can lynch imprisoned players, I suggest we lynch (and keep lynching) them. I know they can't defend themselves, but it might force the Sergeant to join us, since we can keep killing whoever he tries to imprison. The baddie wincon involves killing the Sergeant, as well, so he wouldn't have much of a choice.

Of course, we could spare the whole trouble if the Sergeant does reveal himself.

Molly, that is a good idea. My vote is now toward Slick's death penalty.

4)-Harvey - Voting for Slick

6)-Hirkala

7)-Slick- IN JAIL.

8)-Molly Mae - Voting for Harvey

9)-GMaster

Please, guys, change over and follow Molly's plan. Slick's as good as dead anyway for now, so it beats accidentally lynching an active goodie.

Maybe we should wait until tomorrow just in case Slick happens to be so unfortunate as to be the Sergeant.

I agree with waiting, if Slick was a baddie then he will probably not show up in the night post unless he escapes.

I really think that lynching a player that is able to act during the night would be the best course of action.

6)-Hirkala

7)-Slick- IN JAIL.

8)-Molly Mae - Voting for Slick

9)-GMaster

Slick...if you're the Sergeant...sorry. Otherwise, you're our bargaining chip to get the Sergeant out. And if you're bad, woo-hoo.

EDIT

@Framm: I agree with your premise, but if we can pressure the Sergeant out, it would be to our benefit.

Edited by Molly Mae

We can hurt him more than he can hurt us. By putting more goodies in prison, he decreases the chances of the baddies getting killed. The baddies don't care who he is, since they have to kill everyone. We don't have to kill him--our wincons can both be realised. We can kill the baddies and he can have his prisoners.

He's more of a goodie than a baddie, to be sure.

3)-LJ - Voting for Slick

6)-Hirkala

7)-Slick- IN JAIL.

9)-GMaster

Gotta agree with that plan.

Edited by LJayden

This is suspicious... It would be really convenient for Molly if she was bad. Fighting pretty hard to have the Sergeant out himself. Trying to get everyone to kill off imprisoned players, which would most likely take out a couple goodies and could make the Sergeant out himself, allowing the baddies to kill him. Baddies win.

Us killing off other good players just to out the Sergeant would be the worst strategy i can think of being a goodie... Which makes me think that Slick is good. That would make Molly bad and probably one of the other two currently voting for Slick. I would lean more toward LJ being the bad one between he and Harvey. Or maybe they both are and Molly just had a moment of naivete... Who knows?

3)-LJ - Voting for Slick

4)-Harvey

6)-Hirkala

7)-Slick- IN JAIL.

9)-GMaster

I see the logic, finally, and I remove my vote for now. However, I have no idea who else to target.