BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I am unknown to the human mind,

You can't imagine the wonders inside,

If you approach me you surely will parrish,

When you discover me you will just garrish.....

What am I?

21 answers to this question

A black hole.

Of course, your use of 'parrish' (parish?) instead of 'perish' has also caught my eye.

And I will step into the bounds of metaphor and say the Holy of Holies.

My resoning for both is thus:

I am unknown to the human mind, --Little is known of either

You can't imagine the wonders inside, --Lack of comprehension of the contents

If you approach me you surely will parrish, --Logic for the first, a word play for the second. Only the High Priest could enter the Holy of Holies; anyone else would die immediately. Further, the HoH moved about with the parish.

When you discover me you will just garrish..... --Not entirely sure on your intentions with the word 'garrish.' "Garish" is the closest word I could fit, although the context of the word would be incorrect. A google search for define:garish returns "tastelessly showy," which could describe (if it were an adjective...*cough*) the HoH, as it was a tent with elaborate decoration. I can't really make this line fit for the black hole.

The Future?

In order to "approach" the future, you'd have to go into the 4th dimension, in which case you'd appear to vanish (or "parrish") in a 3d universe; the otherworldly element suggested by the play on the word perish wd fit with this.

When the future is discovered by becoming the present, it can bring unexpected surprises & excitement.

The Future?

In order to "approach" the future, you'd have to go into the 4th dimension, in which case you'd appear to vanish (or "parrish") in a 3d universe; the otherworldly element suggested by the play on the word perish wd fit with this.

The term "future" is "just garrish", or "for show"; when the future is discovered (arrives) it is the present time.

A black hole.

Of course, your use of 'parrish' (parish?) instead of 'perish' has also caught my eye.

And I will step into the bounds of metaphor and say the Holy of Holies.

My resoning for both is thus:

I am unknown to the human mind, --Little is known of either

You can't imagine the wonders inside, --Lack of comprehension of the contents

If you approach me you surely will parrish, --Logic for the first, a word play for the second. Only the High Priest could enter the Holy of Holies; anyone else would die immediately. Further, the HoH moved about with the parish.

When you discover me you will just garrish..... --Not entirely sure on your intentions with the word 'garrish.' "Garish" is the closest word I could fit, although the context of the word would be incorrect. A google search for define:garish returns "tastelessly showy," which could describe (if it were an adjective...*cough*) the HoH, as it was a tent with elaborate decoration. I can't really make this line fit for the black hole.

your verry close.....you have everything you need...... garrish meaning making excuses just to clarify

Now I'm not sure which of my responses would better fit and which one is closer.

The unknown?

Holy of Holies -> God

Black Hole -> space/star

Both answer evolutions hold most of the same qualities and justifications stated in their previous respective answers.

Playing off of your definition of garrish, I could say that people believed to be confronted by "God" are usually skeptical post facto. Further, many closed-minded fanatics are the same way about space exploration and the existence of life outside of earth.

Both answers are like the jigsaw pieces that "fit," but just don't look right.

Now I'm not sure which of my responses would better fit and which one is closer.

The unknown?

Holy of Holies -> God

Black Hole -> space/star

Both answer evolutions hold most of the same qualities and justifications stated in their previous respective answers.

Playing off of your definition of garrish, I could say that people believed to be confronted by "God" are usually skeptical post facto. Further, many closed-minded fanatics are the same way about space exploration and the existence of life outside of earth.

Both answers are like the jigsaw pieces that "fit," but just don't look right.

i this riddle they can be the same......its more of a scientific riddle for geeks like me.......but its there

The Speed of Light

If you approach the speed of light, you wd appear to vanish -we have not yet discovered a way to travel at the speed of light (the excuse: light itself would pose an obstacle, since it would be everywhere) "you can't imagine the wonders inside" could refer to the spectacle you cannot imagine until, of course, science discovers a way to get around that obstacle & break the light barrier.

Edited by mojobrain

The Speed of Light

I think parrish cd be a ref to the famous American illustrator who painted very colorful pictures. If you approach the speed of light, you wd probably appear as a very colorful display to anyone watching you moving through space.

We have not yet discovered a way to travel at the speed of light (the excuse: light itself would pose an obstacle, since it would be everywhere) "you can't imagine the wonders inside" could refer to the spectacle you cannot imagine until, of course, science discovers a way to get around that obstacle & break the light barrier (which could be construed as being or leading to "the final frontier")

OK, a Crystal Ball!

...just based on the fact that sometimes, when trying to solve a riddle, we get caught up in all sorts of esoterica, while the answer is far more prosaic than we think.