BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Izzy

Question

Time again, for us to come together as a planet and embrace... SOCCER/FOOTBALL/FUßBALL!

I'm particularly excited about USA vs. England today. I'd prefer an England victory (as opposed to the US) overall, but at this point I'm just thinking it'd be hilarious if England loses. We may end up involved in another war. ;P ..Not that it matters. My friends are predicting scores that resemble telephone numbers, and it isn't looking pretty for the US. :P

And again, not that it matters, Germany will win, naturally. ;)

Edited by Izzy

Time again, for us to come together as a planet and embrace... SOCCER/FOOTBALL/FUßBALL!

I'm particularly excited about USA vs. England today. I'd prefer an England victory (as opposed to the US) overall, but at this point I'm just thinking it'd be hilarious if England loses. We may end up involved in another war. ;P ..Not that it matters. My friends are predicting scores that resemble telephone numbers, and it isn't looking pretty for the US. :P

And again, not that it matters, Germany will win, naturally. ;)

Don't really watch Soccer/Football/Futbol/Fussball, but will be watching this tournament as much as possible.

I really don't care who wins the USA-England match, since USA will probably not make it very far in the tournament (Still rooting for them though).

Und nein, Duestchland wird nicht gewinnen. B)) (Augghh should be able to remember this much German at least without having to look it up. :duh: ) I think that Brazil if they make it through will win.

7 AM = too early for me to get up if it isn't one of my teams, but the goal replays of S. Africa v Mexico looked fabulous. Uruguay played awesome D their whole game, made France look like they didn't know what they were doing half the time. Looking forward to USA v England, just hoping we manage to score - I'd be fine with a draw, but would like to not lose! :lol:

Und nein, Duestchland wird nicht gewinnen. B)) (Augghh should be able to remember this much German at least without having to look it up. :duh: ) I think that Brazil if they make it through will win.

Die Beste werde gewinnen und die Brasilianer schaffen es nicht. ;) Deutschland zuerst, und dann vielleicht England.. (Okay, eigentlich sind die Brasilianer besser als die Engländer, aber Deutschland gewinnt gedankenlos.)

...Hooray for spell check. >_>

Edited by Izzy

Really stoked to see the US v. England, regardless of the outcome.

Last World Cup I gained like 15 pounds sitting in front of the TV, munching and watching every game.

I have to admit that England was very unlucky in that tie. That was perhaps the flukiest goal that I have every seen.

Lmao, yeah. We were just remarking on Facebook how fortunate Green is that he isn't Colombian because of the Colombian player that was assassinated after scoring a goal for the US during a world cup match. Though.. I can see some over zealous English football fanatic freaking out over a loss against the dreadful tyrannous traitors and offing the dude. Which would be a shame, he was pretty (he's not when you Google him, but he was in today's match).

Have to say that I am going Argentina -Messi et. al. with Maradona coaching -Wow!! it certainly is beautiful and entertaining on and OFF the pitch!!

p.s. I would be happy to see an African home nation win the cup also!!

Edited by phoenixx

It was pretty beast. Though, the mid defender from Germany's footwork annoys me. Germany could have started a bit stronger and not have just passed the ball among the defenders for so long. It could have easily been like 7ish - 0. There was one time they should have scored, but Australia's defender kicked the ball into the air, and that was just really cool haha.

I'm happy. ^_^

As with every football game, those pivotal moments dictate the story line.

Australia had the first quality chance and should have scored.

Had the young Germany team been required to bounce back from a one-nil deficit while trying desperately to prove to their supporters and themselves that they could cope without Ballack and could overcome adversity with their confidence compromised, it would have been a *very* different game.

Edited by seeksit

Lol, as if it was a fair game. The Uruguay ref realized he'd eventually have to face Germany himself and got penalty hard happy. Germany's overall playing was far superior to Serbia, especially in the second half. We were down one man, and battling against your freaking eight defenders. Your goal was only because Klose got red carded, btw. Again, becuase the ref is a.. well.. see my recent FB statuses. ;)

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/06/18/serbia-1-0-germany-tactics/

What up with England sucking today?

AGREED!! Grrr ... though apparently the ref may end up 'fired' from ref'ing more WC matches. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/5304289/ce/us/fifa-ax-us-slovenia-ref-wc?cc=5901&ver=us

Although I did enjoy that England-Algeria ended in a 0-all draw. We ain't dead yet! :P

All's well that ends well. The US showed their mettle. Two ridiculously shameful bad calls (erroneously disallowed goals) amounted to no obstacle. The USA emerges from the group stage on top of the heap. On to the round of sixteen! :thumbsup: