BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Try reading the story here:

A Strange Story

What do you think?

People who learned English as a second language (or people who are still learning English) may have some difficultly understanding it. There is an explanation of the tale at the bottom of the page. It's even hard to comprehend for some people who learned English as their first language. I have trouble understanding some of the passages myself...I haven't tried listening to it being read aloud yet.

3 answers to this question

When I first looked at it, I was like :blink:

Then I tried sounding it out, and got parts of it; more of it after reading the bottom. There are still many parts I can't get, however. What this really reminded me of is this, but in reverse:

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

The Ladle Rat Rotten Hut is a lot harder to read than that, because you have to sound it out and listen through a really weird accent.