BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

My grandmother was born in a small village, she has never left her birthplace, notwithstanding she was the citizen of SEVEN different countries* (if we don't count when the village was the part of autonomous areas).

She was the citizen of the country of her ethnic group no more than ONE day.

Where did she live?

*maybe it's more or less a little bit, depends on the approach

/perhaps this riddle is in wrong section, but it isn't a word riddle and I think it requires logic thinking to find this area of the word with so vicissitudinous destiny /

after a few guesses I will give you

Edited by det

11 answers to this question

yugoslavia??

I'm looking for another answer, nevertheless if you can prove your answer with datas I will accept.

edit: and please give the name of the region or the name of the contry which contains the area currently

Edited by det

I'm thinking this has to do with conquered lands but other possibility:

She was born in a mobile home...

hehe, nope she's birthplace is the village and yes it's about conquered land

"She was the citizen of the country of her ethnic group no more than ONE day."

I think it is a good starting point, because it's very special, a country which existed only one day.

Edited by det

She is in West Africa. Benin, has been named, Kingdom of Dahoney, French West Africa, Republic of Dahoney, People's Republic of Benin, Biafra and Republic of Benin.

She is in West Africa. Benin, has been named, Kingdom of Dahoney, French West Africa, Republic of Dahoney, People's Republic of Benin, Biafra and Republic of Benin.

nice try, but I didn't see the one-day country, pls correct me if you know better

Europe, she could be my real grandmother.

I have most of it but I need help to get it all ...

The 1 day country would have to be Carpatho- Ruthenia. To get to 7 countries I thin it would have to go 1) Austro-Hungarian Empire 2) Czechoslovakia 3) Carpatho Ruthenia 4) Hungary 5) Soviet Union 6)Ukraine. Since I need 7 I assume that the area must at some point been under the control of the Nazis or the Ottoman Empire or possilby the Poles. Still trying to get 7 but I think that that the 6 is correct.

I have most of it but I need help to get it all ...

The 1 day country would have to be Carpatho- Ruthenia. To get to 7 countries I thin it would have to go 1) Austro-Hungarian Empire 2) Czechoslovakia 3) Carpatho Ruthenia 4) Hungary 5) Soviet Union 6)Ukraine. Since I need 7 I assume that the area must at some point been under the control of the Nazis or the Ottoman Empire or possilby the Poles. Still trying to get 7 but I think that that the 6 is correct.

Hm... the only one missing here seems to be

Romania